Just a question... about medical marijuana...

Napalmbrain said:
Let's not forget Pac-Man's frequent pill use as well.
And Dukes use of Seroids

Damn even viedo game charicters use drugs

i think mj should be completely legal, not just for medical purposes
it would lose its widespread use and popularity after a few years and the government could stop putting so much money towards cops salaries and use it for something constructive or just give it back to the taxpayers who gave it to them
but thats just my opinion...

i think mj should be completely legal, not just for medical purposes
it would lose its widespread use and popularity after a few years and the government could stop putting so much money towards cops salaries and use it for something constructive or just give it back to the taxpayers who gave it to them
but thats just my opinion...

whoah! what happened???
how did my reply double post itself?

Last edited:
I disapprove of all drugs. However, Waluigi thinks they are the dog's bol**cks :yesnod:

I guess if you legalize it for all purposes medical or otherwise the goverment could tax the hell out of it and maybe they could lower the gas tax...

time to bring out the facts. over 250,000 alcohol related deaths happen a year. how many marajuana related deaths do you here of? the more you know!☆

FRuMMaGe said:
I disapprove of all drugs. However, Waluigi thinks they are the dog's bol**cks :yesnod:

So you don't take any aspirin or cold medicine or anything?
Or drink any coffee?

NikkiLee said:
I guess if you legalize it for all purposes medical or otherwise the goverment could tax the hell out of it and maybe they could lower the gas tax...

actually there was an interesting blog article about the POSSIBLE benefits for the economy if we were to legalize it. Sure it would be taxed, but the tax could go to things like universal healthcare, cheaper heating prices for the needy, Social security. And the fact that it would run some of the shady, violent, gang related sellers out of town (of course it wouldn't stop drug selling all together.....they still got crack). I can't remember the stat, but every so many seconds blah blah blah someone is arrested for marijuana. Think about the man power a police force would save if they didn't have to arrest every hippy found with a bubbler. Of course this is all theory. There is no way to tell how it would actually effect things until they try it.

I'll find a link....It's somewhere

Last edited:
tank said:
actually there was an interesting blog article about the POSSIBLE benefits for the economy if we were to legalize it. Sure it would be taxed, but the tax could go to things like universal healthcare, cheaper heating prices for the needy, Social security. And the fact that it would run some of the shady, violent, gang related sellers out of town (of course it wouldn't stop drug selling all together.....they still got crack). I can't remember the stat, but every so many seconds blah blah blah someone is arrested for marijuana. Think about the man power a police force would save if they didn't have to arrest every hippy found with a bubbler. Of course this is all theory. There is no way to tell how it would actually effect things until they try it.

I'll find a link....It's somewhere

Yes, Those are some good points and a good use of money from taxing marijuana. My only issue is that if it is legalized for recreational purposes what are the potential issuses that can come from doing so?
This country already has a problem with drinking and driving. I would think that if weed is ever legalized the number of OUI would double. There are thousands of people that would abuse it. Which would send more people to rehab which would send insurance premiums up for those who have HMOs that cover drug rehablitaion. There are so many things to be considered here.
As good as it would be to tax legal marijuana and get the benifits of it I do think that it is too risky when you think about.

NikkiLee said:
Yes, Those are some good points and a good use of money from taxing marijuana. My only issue is that if it is legalized for recreational purposes what are the potential issuses that can come from doing so?
This country already has a problem with drinking and driving. I would think that if weed is ever legalized the number of OUI would double. There are thousands of people that would abuse it. Which would send more people to rehab which would send insurance premiums up for those who have HMOs that cover drug rehablitaion. There are so many things to be considered here.
As good as it would be to tax legal marijuana and get the benifits of it I do think that it is too risky when you think about.

I don't know about that...everyone that i know that blazes and drives(including me) do both at the same time, so i think the amount of OUI would be less than doubled, also driving under the influence of marijuana is a lot safer than driving under the influence of alcohol...

i'd be more concerned about the industrial side of things, if it was legalized for recreational purposes, people would blaze before/during(breaks) their work, and potentially poeople will work with less effort, and i don't know much about economics, but wouldn't that make the economy go down as well?

yeah~~~(i suck at ending long paragraphial posts)

mushroomedmario said:
I don't know about that...everyone that i know that blazes and drives(including me) do both at the same time, so i think the amount of OUI would be less than doubled, also driving under the influence of marijuana is a lot safer than driving under the influence of alcohol...

i'd be more concerned about the industrial side of things, if it was legalized for recreational purposes, people would blaze before/during(breaks) their work, and potentially poeople will work with less effort, and i don't know much about economics, but wouldn't that make the economy go down as well?

yeah~~~(i suck at ending long paragraphial posts)

Driving under the influence of marijuana isn't really dangerous for most people. People actually drive more careful and pay more attention when they're high usually. Although with beginning smokers I wouldn't trust them too much on the roads. This would really be the only problem because you can't measure how high someone is like you can with alcohol.

And if people smoked during their breaks at work they would probably just get fired if they didn't work with much effort. I mean its not like you can get drunk at your work now.And a lot of people at my job including myself go there high and get the work done just as quick and efficiently as if we were sober. But keep in mind we are experienced...

It's just a plant, theres no reason it should be illegal. There are flowers that a 10 year old can obtain which make you hallucinate to the point where you are talking to imaginary people and you have no recollection of what you did that night. Yet they remain legal. Also if you drink enough cough medicine it gives PCP like effects. Yet it remains legal. Take a couple of sleeping pills and stay awake and you will be tripping your ass off. Yet they remain legal.

Makes no damn sense if you ask me.

Chewy said:
Driving under the influence of marijuana isn't really dangerous for most people. People actually drive more careful and pay more attention when they're high usually. Although with beginning smokers I wouldn't trust them too much on the roads. This would really be the only problem because you can't measure how high someone is like you can with alcohol.

And if people smoked during their breaks at work they would probably just get fired if they didn't work with much effort. I mean its not like you can get drunk at your work now.And a lot of people at my job including myself go there high and get the work done just as quick and efficiently as if we were sober. But keep in mind we are experienced...

It's just a plant, theres no reason it should be illegal. There are flowers that a 10 year old can obtain which make you hallucinate to the point where you are talking to imaginary people and you have no recollection of what you did that night. Yet they remain legal. Also if you drink enough cough medicine it gives PCP like effects. Yet it remains legal. Take a couple of sleeping pills and stay awake and you will be tripping your ass off. Yet they remain legal.

Makes no damn sense if you ask me.
yeah i find myself a better driver while high, but i am a lousy employee, i just stare at the food i'm cooking and want to eat it so badly...

i'm pretty sure it'll become fully legal(in ontario, canada at least) in my lifetime, i just hope it's relatively soon.

mushroomedmario said:
yeah i find myself a better driver while high

This was already a topic several weeks back.

When somebody posted something along the lines of the post above, I responded with several links with documented, scientific research to the contrary.

Of course his response was the CDC and IIHS studies were not as accurate as his magic meter of automobile safety built in to his THC addled brain.

If you really want Marijuana legalized, comments like this are doing your cause a serious disservice.

Nwe1024 said:
over 250,000 alcohol related deaths happen a year. how many marajuana related deaths do you here of?

Irrelevant comparison as we're discussing a narcotic that's currently illegal with the exception of very limited medical use vs. a product that's available legally. You might as well compare alcohol related deaths to shark attacks.

Marijuana isn't some nirvana of mild altering substances - I believe it's neither better or worse than anything else that can be abused.

It's mentally addictive (just like alcohol, pain killers, heroin, etc.)

It does have some medical perks (then again, so does red wine when not abused), but when consumed through smoking it has potential negative health impact.

It also can have psycho-social detriments: tiredness, depression, anxiety, apathy.

The main reason it is illegal, is the connection to counter culture - we had old men, sitting around chugging scotch making the decisions, and once it got lumped into a negative usage demographic, it was done. Now it's perceived as the domain of slackers, prisoners, hard drug abusers, etc.

FWIW, I don't think the whole "it's natural" spin will ever be effective. If that was significant, it would already be legal as it requires _less_ preparation than alcohol. Plus it's easy to lump things like cocaine and other opiates into the same "natural" category.

I've seen studies that even indicate it might be less of a gateway drug if it was legal - the concept is people who violate the law tend to not quantify it, i.e., if I'm already breaking the law with weed, crack isn't a huge step (though they're two different schedules).

I'm sort of ambivalent about it, to slightly leaning toward legalization. I do think the legal consequences are a little steep considering.

If there was a movement toward legalizing it, I would, however, be adamant about regulating it (like alcohol): taxes, age requirements, consequences for use while driving, public consumption, etc.

[DT] said:
This was already a topic several weeks back.

When somebody posted something along the lines of the post above, I responded with several links with documented, scientific research to the contrary.

Of course his response was the CDC and IIHS studies were not as accurate as his magic meter of automobile safety built in to his THC addled brain.

If you really want Marijuana legalized, comments like this are doing your cause a serious disservice.

Irrelevant comparison as we're discussing a narcotic that's currently illegal with the exception of very limited medical use vs. a product that's available legally. You might as well compare alcohol related deaths to shark attacks.

Marijuana isn't some nirvana of mild altering substances - I believe it's neither better or worse than anything else that can be abused.

It's mentally addictive (just like alcohol, pain killers, heroin, etc.)

It does have some medical perks (then again, so does red wine when not abused), but when consumed through smoking it has potential negative health impact.

It also can have psycho-social detriments: tiredness, depression, anxiety, apathy.

The main reason it is illegal, is the connection to counter culture - we had old men, sitting around chugging scotch making the decisions, and once it got lumped into a negative usage demographic, it was done. Now it's perceived as the domain of slackers, prisoners, hard drug abusers, etc.

FWIW, I don't think the whole "it's natural" spin will ever be effective. If that was significant, it would already be legal as it requires _less_ preparation than alcohol. Plus it's easy to lump things like cocaine and other opiates into the same "natural" category.

I've seen studies that even indicate it might be less of a gateway drug if it was legal - the concept is people who violate the law tend to not quantify it, i.e., if I'm already breaking the law with weed, crack isn't a huge step (though they're two different schedules).

I'm sort of ambivalent about it, to slightly leaning toward legalization. I do think the legal consequences are a little steep considering.

If there was a movement toward legalizing it, I would, however, be adamant about regulating it (like alcohol): taxes, age requirements, consequences for use while driving, public consumption, etc.
i didn't mean they weren't accurate, i meant they didn't prove that people were worse drivers, it proved that people have delayed reactions, yes, but that's not the only factor in the amount of quality of driving, people, while high tend to be more careful and not take any risks, and i believe it benefits the driver more than the negative impacts

also, i believe i was talking about my friends, not myself as i don't think i drove while high during that period of time, so when i said they were better drivers, it wasn't the THC talking, it was my sober judgment on wither or not they were better drivers

Back