Kingdom Hearts

Lets continue this in the anime section

Am I the only one thinking 'WTF guys?!' here so you all love Kingdom hearts but thought the disney element was crap? What were you actually playing then? I don't know if it was just me but the majority of the game was set on disney worlds based around disney characters. The FF characters played a minor role and the main 3 characaters were 2/3 disney, I for one loved the fact that there were disney characters in it, that the bosses were characters whom when growing up I've seen and wished to ass-kick.

I never used the provided disney chars on the world in my party, preferring to keep the original 3 (mainly for commen sense, whats the point of levelling someone who you only use on one world).

Every game does not have to have anime characters in it it be awesome and what makes you think studio ghibli could remotely make a decent game? I don't go around thinking "Gainax" would make awesome games truth be told if they made say an Eva game or FLCL game it would probably suck majorly unless all they did was allow a REAL games company a la squareenix to make it with their characters.

Main points = Didn't see stupid phrases ruining it
Great battles
Pretty damn funny
Addictive
Gummi building sucked totally
<3 Disney being in it <--reason I bought the game I never once thought it would be "Too kiddy" and that's with me being a jaded 19year old student who's seen and done things that would make a pimp blush and your avg man throw up.

Taero said:
Am I the only one thinking 'WTF guys?!' here so you all love Kingdom hearts but thought the disney element was crap? What were you actually playing then? I don't know if it was just me but the majority of the game was set on disney worlds based around disney characters. The FF characters played a minor role and the main 3 characaters were 2/3 disney, I for one loved the fact that there were disney characters in it, that the bosses were characters whom when growing up I've seen and wished to ass-kick.

I never used the provided disney chars on the world in my party, preferring to keep the original 3 (mainly for commen sense, whats the point of levelling someone who you only use on one world).

Every game does not have to have anime characters in it it be awesome and what makes you think studio ghibli could remotely make a decent game? I don't go around thinking "Gainax" would make awesome games truth be told if they made say an Eva game or FLCL game it would probably suck majorly unless all they did was allow a REAL games company a la squareenix to make it with their characters.

Main points = Didn't see stupid phrases ruining it
Great battles
Pretty damn funny
Addictive
Gummi building sucked totally
<3 Disney being in it <--reason I bought the game I never once thought it would be "Too kiddy" and that's with me being a jaded 19year old student who's seen and done things that would make a pimp blush and your avg man throw up.
thats correct Taero

Non
there sonys bitchies
theres one possable resion to get a ps3

It would be good really. Atleast to those it appeals to (duh!).

Think about swinging your Keyblade, and also flicking the Wii-mote to cast a fireball at your opponents. Hrmmmm.

I really dont understand how disney characters fit in to final fantasy, I mean come on! Soon your gonna see whinnie the pooh merging with Jenovah to drop a meteor on the hundred acre woods. I really actually dont understand the game at all.

I like the game how its been through the 1st and 2nd game.

But I want KH to remain on PS3 and maybe also on Wii. I want it on PS3 mainly because there are awesome graphics which would benefit from being on ps3. Then again Wii could have some real nice battles.

I however want Square Enix to release the first two gsmes for Wii along with KH2:FM+ version of KH:CoM. I hope they release it for Wii. With everything slighty redone to work with the WiiMote.

Last edited:
I_WANT_WII said:
I really dont understand how disney characters fit in to final fantasy, I mean come on! Soon your gonna see whinnie the pooh merging with Jenovah to drop a meteor on the hundred acre woods. I really actually dont understand the game at all.

It's not so much that they fit with each other it's more that they fit in the same 'world'. The whole premise is that the heartless are teh 3v1l and are destroying worlds, I won't say how. Your job as the main char is to team up with donald and goofy I won't say why, and put a stop to it. There's a central world like a travellers rest and this is where some of the FF cast are, they've taken items from FF as well as the magic naming idea, merged it with G.F summons as disney characters and pulled it off amazingly well.

I must just think differently to you lot, I happened to love the disney films for what they were and to see them portrayed accurately and in virtually all cases with nigh perfect voice recreations and the chance to battle with and against them was awesome. All I can say is Alice in Wonderland = best first level ever.

Personally I think that if they'd replaced the disney characters with generic originals you simply would not have had a story to work with, you wouldn't have had the drive, you'd never think "ooh I remember this bit in the film" xxx.

Quite simply you'd have had a 4 or 5/10 instead of the 9 or 10/10 a lot of review sites (myself included) give it.

I'll admit that when I read the premise I thought to myself "what the heck? Disney characters? Is this a kids game? Then I saw that the opening FMW had the Utada Hikaru music backing and it was only £11 so I went for it. In 3 days I'd gained over 20 hours played this is how addicting the game gets, you feel for the characters, at no time do they feel annoying or kiddy (apart from Aladin and Peter Pan but I always hated Peter Pan and Aladdin just wasn't developed.)

The main evil guys, Jafar, Ursula, Maleficant, Hades and Oogie Boogie are all brilliantly played as is the main rival and the backstory that runs through it is expertly drawn together, the battles don't suffer from the dreaded FF *click attack, wait, click attack, click heal* they have a sense of urgency to them as they happen in real time, I will admit that I think the AI could have been better I mean those freaking ethers cost money Donald >_< so you find yourself filling their slots with healing pots. But Donald and Goofy feel like team members and they saved my ass a couple of times.

You almost don't know who to root for between yourself and some of your enemies and you'll find out why if you play it.

The graphics are lovely as are the cutscenes especially the intro one it has you thinking "er...he was watching someone falling and it was him?"

Anyway I refute everything that says this game is "kiddy" it's probably because the message it wants to get across is a simple one, friendship and a love for each other will win out over someone who goes it alone. I re-state that I love the disney characters and they make this game what it is and if you don't like the game because of the disney part then you've missed the point and I wonder why you played it :S

P.S. Why is everyone so snide on here? Why do people pick out random points of the argument, make a sarky comment then leave the rest, or just make sarky comments about the whole thing? It's rarely "Why yes I see your argument has valid points but I feel that mine does to" it's "Lol I make the funny"

Wow that was longer than I intended and it sucks to write without an index finger, stupid cut.

Wonderful game, I'm a KH fanboy, but there's about a 0.1% chance it'll be on the Wii. I'm honestly surprised someone would ask a question like that when the answer is so obvious. >.<

IMO, I loved the part in KH2 where you had to go back in time and you end up inside the first ever disney cartoon: Steamboat Willie. Everything was in black and white, and all of the heartless had a retro look to them.

Back