My revelation about 'boosting'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsil0n

[+] Member
Jun 29, 2011
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
You know, I keep hearing lvl 56ers complain about 'boosters'. You know, for us people that are WAY below lvl 56, this would be a valid argument IMO. But in reality, for lvl 56ers, boosters shouldn't be a problem.

If you honestly earned your position at lvl 56, no hacks, no boosts (which is what I'm trying to do...I know I friended kira XP, but only for unlimited smoke/toob/nade games), you SHOULDN'T have a problem w/ boosters. i mean, you've had the friggen upper class weapons much longer than anyone else.

Now, I want your opinion.

In the [+] clan, just a simple clan (we don't take things uber seriously, we just play for the heck of it), we're boosting a lvl 19 to maybe 30. I'm not sure.
He's demonstrated skill upon picking up our silenced anovas and terras. He's quite good at it. He single-handedly took out the Black Box by himself (we defended him) when he picked up the masty.

Again, I don't know what level he's going to boost at, but w/e. For (some of) you lvl 56ers out there complaining (esp those who boosted), just be quiet. You're the best of the best already. One booster shouldn't be a problem to you, because YOU boosted.

P.S. I view boosting WAY DIFFERENTLY than hacking.

Last edited:
Actually, in our case, we were going to make alt. accounts and have our friend dominate us. No hacking.

I think it all comes down to how seriously one takes a video game. In the name of fair sport, you can argue that it is morally wrong to cheat to increase your ranking on the leaderboard. It is not fair to the players who earned their position on the leaderboard by playing within the rules. This brings the question to mind: what is considered within the rules? Where do you draw the line?

I believe Epsil0n is talking about a form of XP farming. That is one example of exploiting the rules of GE. You can also level up all your weapons and then reset your proficiencies and do it all over again, again and again. Are these within the rules? Well, Activision's final product lets you do it.

Then, you have the players who are not hackers, but will play in hacked lobbies to increase their XP. After that, you have the hackers themselves.

But, in the end, it all comes down to how seriously you take playing GE. How much does your position on the leaderboard really impact your life or the lives of others. It is, after all, only a video game.

Aside from agreeing entirely with Bosco's post, the only problem I have with boosting is ruining matches if they take it to public servers and such; which people often do, even when they have a choice of a private match. In some games, it's a relative inconvenience, but in others it's just a pain in the ****ing ass or downright infuriating. For example, in CoD, boosters nab themselves free kill streaks; unearned air support to terrorize other players that want no part of their boosting and since they are hiding, often don't have the opportunity to prevent said kill streaks. In Red Dead Redemption, players can vote to kick others and with enough votes, said player is kicked. After waiting for a minute or two, entering a lobby of boosters only to get kicked (and possibly unintentionally entering again) is a minor inconvenience.

In short, I've no issue with boosters or even XP hackers; it's their choice, and such a choice doesn't give them the proper ability to wield the best weapons right off the bat. Therefore, unless a game's weapon system is broken, it's not like they're a problem to handle. I'll only get annoyed with 'em if they drag other people into (or kick them out of...) their business.

Boosting is ****ing lame. I can almost always tell a booster from a true 56er. It just pisses me off some lamo gets the Masterson and Proxies and plays like a complete tard. Ive played for almost a year now and still only at 48. But thats all my points that Ive earned 5 at a time... and often I dont play much... Not enough to hit 56 any time soon...

I guess on the plus side they're easy to kill and snatch up their Masty or whatever guns I don't have yet. Other than that hackers and such, pretty much completely waste my ****ing time. Esp when you leave a hacked match to find another and then get thrown back in the exact same match five times in a row.

Right before you enter a match tap A (pause) as fast as you can. You have to hit it at the right moment, so-they-say right after the countdown during the quick black screen before the match begins. Also it seems to only work if you're playing regular conflict.

I did it once but its not worth it... All your pros are reset including weapons and abilities. I really didn't want to do it, but I was curious if it was just a hoax so I tried it but always in Heroes and it never worked. Then one day I tried it on Conflict and what-do-you-know it worked. I regret it... And as Ive said before, I do believe when you gain pros, your weapons "work" better. Like COD

Do you really wanna go into battle with a goddamn AK-47 and go through the pros again with all the complete **** guns?... The Sig, the Vargen, the shitty snipers and all the handguns to earn a little extra credit? In reality, you can gain far more XP just playing normally. For example, if you have to redo the pros for the Sig. Youre game is going to be very poor. Just to earn a few miniscule bonuses you're going to die a lot, your stats are going to drop and you're probably not going to get any good streaks. However if you're playing with your high level weapons like normal your going to get 1,000 XP per match. Resetting just does not add up and its a pretty dumb scam.

Well, that my point, and troll proves it. 56ers shouldnt really care about boosters. Now READ: In MY CASE, we are NOT using hacks OR RESETING profs. Strictly dominations, basically. In a way, my case isnt really boosting...

Seems to me doing it takes some of the fun out of the game. I remember when I got into my first hacked game - thought it was a glitch - by the time I got out of it I had leveled up a few levels. I was already fairly high ranked and it didn't actually give me any new weapons. It just got me through two non-rewarded levels. Then, just as I was about to get to 53 I hit a hacked game. Blasted the entire team right off and the game ended before I even knew it was hacked. Suddenly I was a 55 and right on the verge of hitting 56. I felt rather cheated.

As for telling 56's who earned their position to shut up - well, that's just plain childish. They earned their rank the hard way and the "boosted" 56's didn't. It's simply a matter of playing fairly to most of them. Personally, I don't care. But I sure have no respect for someone who didn't earn their stripes.

Respectable. I shouldve chosen my words more carefully earlier. Thank you for your input. It makes sense that one would be angry about one not earning their stripes (which is why Im not boosting). I would be too. I suppose boosting could be a touchy subject. I mean, in this case, what if you really performed as a lvl 56, but couldnt reach that lvl because of time limitations? But hsving boostd 56ers complain? Thats where I draw the line.

what if you really performed as a lvl 56, but couldnt reach that lvl because of time limitations?

ANYONE can reach level 56 legitimately--one just needs to play the game long enough. Obviously, the kill-to-death and win ratios of players who have reached level 56 can vary widely, indicating a wide variance in performance. What do you mean by to "really perform as a level 56"?

Seems to me doing it takes some of the fun out of the game.

For someone like me with limited time to play any sort of video game, anything that makes the leveling up process quicker makes the game more enjoyable. I don't have the time to put into learning how to hack. I hardly have time to play GE. If I wind up in a hacked lobby, I will take what I can get.

Personally, I don't care. But I sure have no respect for someone who didn't earn their stripes.

You make valid points in your post, but those last two sentences are in contradiction to each other. If someone's actions cause you to lose respect for them, then you surely do care about those actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back