my views towards the wii

So? the Wii is an upgraded Gamecube the Ps3 is an upgraded PS2 and the Xbox 360 is an upgraded Xbox

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
So its less then .5 times as powerful then the GC. If it was 1.5 times as powerful, it would be around 1.2GHz.

Ive also realized a lot on this forum, a lot of people waste a lot of space on this small planet. Im still waiting for the enforcement of natural selection, like animals do.
Seriously.. whats wrong with you?
.5 times as powerful is the same as saying HALF AS POWERFUL.. alright?
half as powerful would be 500/2 = 250...

Damn.. what are they teaching you in school these days?

powpowpow said:
Seriously.. whats wrong with you?
.5 times as powerful is the same as saying HALF AS POWERFUL.. alright?
half as powerful would be 500/2 = 250...

Damn.. what are they teaching you in school these days?

Sigh, it depends on your perspective. The phrasing was that the wii is only.5 more powerful than the GC. The key word is "more" powerful, in this case.

You are trying to multiply when the wording doesnt call for it. Get it yet?

If the gamecube were X and X =1, then the Wii is X + .5

This is getting rediculously retarded though, just drop it.

Yes I understand the difference between the words "more" and "as".
The wii is 1.5 times as powerful as the GC.
The wii is .5 times more powerful than the GC.

These are equivalent. He however said "as" so its 1.5 rather than 0.5

Anyway its done.

Im a fanboy ? Just look at your Sig Shiftallout !

Funny, on this site if you deffend the Wii your a fanboy, if you trash the Wii and deffend Xbox/PS3 your not a fanboy, somehow your an enlightened electronics genius.

Give me an F'n break.

Oh ya, and good luck with your Blu-ray dvd player on the PS3, if i remember correctly i went through several PS2's because of there shotty ass dvd players, its like Sony builds there products with the absolute cheapest materials. I bet the Blu-ray DVD player doesnt work after a few months. Nintendo builds products with better quality, hell you can still play NES's not to many Original PS1's working flawlessly .

Im the one who said it, not shift. Your incredibly narrow-minded.

Nintendo controllers suck though. I dont know how many N64 and GC controllers i went through. Very very bad analogs. I still use a PS1 controller with analog, i dont know how many years its been, and it works just like day 1.

So Sony makes iffy consoles, Nintendo makes iffy controllers, Microsoft just doesnt know what the hell their doing.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
Im a fanboy ? Just look at your Sig Shiftallout !

my sig is a stab at humor, considering the ps3 comes under so much attack here, it seems relevant. Nice try though.

Funny, on this site if you deffend the Wii your a fanboy, if you trash the Wii and deffend Xbox/PS3 your not a fanboy, somehow your an enlightened electronics genius.

Give me an F'n break.

no, its not about defending the wii, its about saying stupid stuff, and how one says it. Being ignorant, being biased, and then using those two to make lame ass statements makes a fanboy.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
hell you can still play NES's not to many Original PS1's working flawlessly .

Yeah, and my friend has a slim PS2 (silver) and it's already a bit scratchy (it's not the disk).

Sony makes quality DVD players though, it mostly depends on usage and care of the machine.

actually the original nes didnt have a long life span. People had to constantly blow in their game ends, even lick them to get it to read the game properly. When I was young and the nes was new, all my friend and I had this problem. Another method to getting nes games working was to continue pushing the reset button till the game loaded.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
its like Sony builds there products with the absolute cheapest materials.
Nothing wrong with Sony's build quality, I'm not a fan boy either, and yes the PS2's dvd player was rubbish.

Shiftfallout said:
actually the original nes didnt have a long life span. People had to constantly blow in their game ends, even lick them to get it to read the game properly. When I was young and the nes was new, all my friend and I had this problem. Another method to getting nes games working was to continue pushing the reset button till the game loaded.
I remember having to do that with the Game Boy, never licked a cartridge though! :wtf:

You know i've come to relieze the wii is really fun when your playing with a bunch of friends. 4 player tennis is fun as hell and so is 4 player mario party. But i rarely play by myself i cant wait for some of the games to come out where i can play alone haha.

Warrior said:
youll just have to wait for new games. the 360 has been out longer, so you have a bigger selection. come christmas, you wont be able to put your wii down :lol:
thats what im doing!!!

Back