Nintendo wants GTA on the Wii

i really hope the nintendo gets this its an amazing game

plz rockstar you've give us manhunt why not GTA ? you'll get more sales

Samus101 said:
I really hope they don't ruin the Wii's reputation by adding a lousy game like that. :mad2:

Are you kidding me? Wii has a reputation of being a kiddy system because of Nintendo's past. It will give it a much better rep, i have no clue how it could possibly ruin its rep. Unless you believe that its a kiddy system and want to keep it that way, now when people say "Wii is another Nintendo kiddy system" we can list all the games and then add on that it has GTA. Look up reputation in the dictionary please because wii doesn't have a reputation of being a shooting game and it'll only get better rep if it did :)

surfinrach90 said:
Hmm.. not sure what to make of this. I don't really think it should..

Why? You should back up your statement with a reason - I'm interested in your thinking, as I'm sure others are.
( I'm not having a go at you or being hostile etc )
---

Personally, it'll be a great for the Wii - as many people said, enhance itself as a more serious gaming machine. Look at all those kiddy games out there... Nintendo needs to make itself more mainstream, not just appealing to 5 year olds.

3rd party developers are already said they aren't going to produce games - " because the Wii is for children".

Last edited:
Exactly my point!! Everyone thinks its to kiddy that is the reputation Nintendo has developed thats why we need to change that reputation i dont know what that person is talking about saying it will "Ruin" Nintendo's reputation.

stewart01 said:
3rd party developers are already said they aren't going to produce games - " because the Wii is for children".

you have a source for that? not trying to bust your balls just interested in reading that.. i hope they do make GTA like most others said. nintendo does need more 3rd party support i dont want my WII to be another GC (even though it is) haha

Samus101 said:
Well... I guess I'm crazy then.

Again I say that you are crazy if you don't want GTA on your system. GTA means more sales of Wii consoles. More sales of Wii consoles means more developers interested. More developers interested means more games made. Having more games is a good thing for all of us. Whether or not you like the GTA series isn't even an issue here, it's whether or not you want the Wii to be more successful. Getting GTA = Wii being even more successful than it already is. I don't understand anyone who wants to refuse a huge 3rd party franchise like this. We want as many big franchises as we can get. Look at it this way, I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy but having that franchise on your system is a huge boost to that particular system, just ask Sony about that.

JeremyGTS said:
you have a source for that? not trying to bust your balls just interested in reading that.. i hope they do make GTA like most others said. nintendo does need more 3rd party support i dont want my WII to be another GC (even though it is) haha

There have been a few articles about this , in recent weeks. Look through the articles over at n4g.com

i have been looking over the internet and they are all saying the same thing and i think one said that nintendo will get there answer on sunday or monday but i'm not sure

stewart01 said:

EA? Ubisoft? Ring any bells?

Personally I loved the original top down view GTAs back in the day on the computer. When I played San Andreas I was blown away. There is so much to do and simply driving around in vehicles is so much fun. There is not one valid reason why this news is a bad thing. A GTA game on the Wii would be huge if it was anywhere near as good as San Andreas.

Back