Nintendo Wii or Xbox 360?

Bottom line:

The 360 has more quality games than the wii does, however, it lacks variety, not having a single high quality game that isnt a shooter.
The wii doesnt have as many good games, but the ones it has are very good, and have much more variety.

Wii actually has the better online service(What?) yes. you have the options of a watered down online for free, but in the near future nintendo is releasing the option to pay, but for a better online experience. But at this very moment 360 has the online edge.
If you really care about having a DVD player in a console, then get the 360, but i personally dont see the point.

The wii graphics are IN FACT better than every other previous system. they are short of the 360s graphics. The 360 has better graphics.
Both consoles have a downloadable "Arcade" service. The wii's is more expensibve, but has a much wider variety of in-depth games.
The wii can be the best way to play shooters(metroid prime 3). It can also be the worst(Call of duty 3). If you want consistence in controlls, go for 360. The wii is a better way to play games IF the developers do it right. The 360 is always going to be great gameplay wise. The wii will always either be mediocre, or phenomenal beyond belief. I have both consoles, and choosing one would be like choosing one of my children. You really cant wrong.

rikerboy said:
Bottom line:

The 360 has more quality games than the wii does, however, it lacks variety, not having a single high quality game that isnt a shooter.
The wii doesnt have as many good games, but the ones it has are very good, and have much more variety.

Wii actually has the better online service(What?) yes. you have the options of a watered down online for free, but in the near future nintendo is releasing the option to pay, but for a better online experience. But at this very moment 360 has the online edge.
If you really care about having a DVD player in a console, then get the 360, but i personally dont see the point.

The wii graphics are IN FACT better than every other previous system. they are short of the 360s graphics. The 360 has better graphics.
Both consoles have a downloadable "Arcade" service. The wii's is more expensibve, but has a much wider variety of in-depth games.
The wii can be the best way to play shooters(metroid prime 3). It can also be the worst(Call of duty 3). If you want consistence in controlls, go for 360. The wii is a better way to play games IF the developers do it right. The 360 is always going to be great gameplay wise. The wii will always either be mediocre, or phenomenal beyond belief. I have both consoles, and choosing one would be like choosing one of my children. You really cant wrong.

DAMN thats a really good first post.:lol Its specific and unbiased. It also gives the good and bad about both consoles. In my other post I said that asking here would be biased, but you proved me wrong. I give your post a 10/10 :yesnod: and a rep.

rikerboy said:
Bottom line:

pretty good but missing a couple points.
wii has all the nintendo titles that are worth buying the system for alone.
wii is awesome for your mom or girlfriend.
360s online service is by far better, you pay for what you get, and thats tons of options on what to download and good servers. the whole friends list thing so you can see what everyone else is doing, jion their games, private chat, ect.
360 doesnt lack variety.. check the sig.

thas said:
DAMN thats a really good first post.:lol Its specific and unbiased. It also gives the good and bad about both consoles. In my other post I said that asking here would be biased, but you proved me wrong. I give your post a 10/10 :yesnod: and a rep.

get a 360 if you want online play, plus it seems that you like shooters. save up a wii down the road.

Agreed. There are a lot of great titles on the 360/PS3, whereas with the Wii you'll completely run out of games to play very, very quickly (especially since the top titles on it, with the exception of the big 3 and like 2 third-party games, are only decent-to-good).

Bottom line:

UH, no info to back that up huh?

Both the 360 and the PS3 have a crapload of triple-A titles, shooters, fighters, RPGs (which the wii has none of), adventure games (The wii has LoZ: TP as its best adventure game..35 hours, pathetically easy, and very linear), racers (again, seriously lacking on Wii), etc. Additionally, the single-player only titles typically have 80+ hours of gameplay.

Wii actually has the better online service(What?) yes. you have the options of a watered down online for free, but in the near future nintendo is releasing the option to pay, but for a better online experience.
You have no proof of that. Also, the Wii's online-capable titles can be counted with two hands. The 360/PS3 have endless online titles, because unlike Nintendo, they're with the times and they realize online play is essential. "Watered down online" is an understatement, it's more like an annoying friend code system in the way of the bare-minimum of online mechanics.

I have no idea why people care about the DVD-playing capabilities of a console..DVD players are extraordinarily cheap and everybody should have one lying around already. Blu-ray players are a different story, but I personally think they're an unnecessary luxury.

On the 360/PS3 they typically add new features to the arcade games (Ex: Mortal Kombat II has online play and a simple ranking system) as well as reduce the price significantly. On the Wii you're paying more money for the exact same game. Wiiware, like the Wii, has a shortage of good titles (and there ARE good ones. Bomberman is DAMN fun) and an excess of garbage.

I really hate to sound like a Wii basher here, I love Nintendo, but it's been two years and the Wii just isn't doing well as far as quality goes.

Last edited:
Bottom line:

False. I can name several games for the 360 right now that are not first person shooters.

Fallout 3 ( RPG)
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion ( RPG)
Fable 3 (RPG)
GTA4 ( Free Roaming Game)
Mass Effect (RPG)

The Wii's online play is fractured. What you're saying is the online will be at the same level of the 360 soon. The PS3 isn't even on that level yet.

I like to have value for my money. Sometimes I like to have a console with multiple features.

While the choice of a console is an opinion, and I'm fortunate to have all three consoles, one cannot deny that the 360 is on top of the Wii hardware wise, and game wise. If one wants more bang for their buck, a 360 would be the obvious choice. A Wii is a good console, but the lack of great games for it may not be worth it. I realize there are good games coming out, but the 360 does too.

It's your choice OP. In my opinion, I would buy what your friends have, This sounds like following the crowd at first, but if you have friends to play online with, everything is more fun.

QUOTE=Boethiah;992082]False. I can name several games for the 360 right now that are not first person shooters.

Fallout 3 ( RPG)
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion ( RPG)
Fable 3 (RPG)
GTA4 ( Free Roaming Game)
Mass Effect (RPG)

There All For The PC So Yeah

PC IS BETTER

I'm sure the Wii is good for all the Mario titles if you're that kind of Nintendo fan (which is the only reason I bought in back in the day) but realistically, I got my Wii on launch day, and a month later I hadn't played it for about a fortnight?
So I sold it for a 360, and I'm still not bored of it tbh.
Decent online + buncha mates who also have a 360 = win.

I like the Wii more because it has a wider variety of games, but the 360 has some darn good shooters. Get the 360 if you like the games that it's best at (FPS and the like). Otherwise, Nintendo Wii all the way!

All in all i think you should get both. Together they provide fun multiplayer and family fun along with deep stories, a wide variety, and many different features. For example, say your family comes over, do you really want to show them the game about picking up hookers or some mario party fun? Another example, when you are by yourself and just need to blow things up, kill zombies, and just feel a little bit violent, are you really going to pick animal crossing? I own a wii right now, and i am stating to feel like it isn't cranking out enough games right now. I will by an xbox 360 in the next month or two. I hope this helped :)

Back