Official Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Help Thread

CantGetAWii said:
Need some help.
Not sure where to go next.

I have the spike jump or whatever it is called, and I went and checked out this one planet when I was told to, forget what its called, but you need energy cells to get further into the building. So what do I need to do, find some energy cells, and if so where? or do I need to do something else first?

That is where I just got unstuck... Here is a clue: DO NOT GO TO THE G.F. VALHALLA YET. You slowly unlock it as you get deeper into the game. Go back to SkyTown and get to the federation landing site in Eastern SkyTown. The aurora unit will unlock the landing site and allow you to upgrade your ship with the grapple. After you do that, come back to the room with the thing that looks like a Grapple Swing crystal that is contained by a hook-like piece of metal. Call your ship to pull it up. After that, you use the morphball to power the platform up and it rises to the opening in the ceiling and begins transmitting a signal. (and opens a door near the top of the room) Enter the door that opens up and follow the passage to the room where you can pull the blocks out of the wall (to your left, there is a door leading to a save room). Work your way up the room to another room, where you fight another berserker lord. After you finish him up, call your ship to pick up the first bomb fragment. The aurora unit will tell you to investigate a pirate research facility north of SkyTown. So, exit the room where you found the first bomb fragment in via the ventilation shaft. You are taken (ultimately) to a corridor with a few broken server panels. Weld them together to get the elevator back online. The elevator takes you up to the second bomb fragment, but you can't access that quite yet. At one end of the corridor, there is a red door. Go through it. Make long strides across the floating platforms with the screw attack (jump every half a second, so you don't just use up all of the charges at once) to get to the pirate research facility. That is where you find the seeker missile (otherwise known as the "multi-shot") which you can use to get bomb fragments #2 and #3.

I got the Ice Man. Metroid does have bugs in it for I was doing the same thing but this time it showed Grapple Points on Ice Man.

Stuck again... Acid shield.
Ok so I know where it is and Im pretty sure I need the magnetic ball to get in there. So where do I get the magnetic upgrade? and do I need the jump boots to get it or do I need the magnetic ball to get the jump boots?

I cant belive how confusing this game is

Last edited:
johnny_rocket2210 said:
Stuck again... Acid shield.
Ok so I know where it is and Im pretty sure I need the magnetic ball to get in there. So where do I get the magnetic upgrade? and do I need the jump boots to get it or do I need the magnetic ball to get the jump boots?

I cant belive how confusing this game is
go to esylia to get it....lol.....

Buddyo said:
I got the Ice Man. Metroid does have bugs in it for I was doing the same thing but this time it showed Grapple Points on Ice Man.

no, either you didnt scan it or you didnt notice the first time around.

Buddyo said:
yeah.....that mean to grapple on him and take of his ice armor.....:lol:

K so I just got the speed ball (sky place where you fight that big droid with the antennaes) and now it is telling me that there are 2 turbines and a lock mechanism and I need to somehow stop power to the door what do I do now?

chach said:
K so I just got the speed ball (sky place where you fight that big droid with the antennaes) and now it is telling me that there are 2 turbines and a lock mechanism and I need to somehow stop power to the door what do I do now?
well.....use that speedy ball to open the gate blocking u from the big head thing......

chach said:
hmm not quite sure by the big head are you sure you know the place im talking about ?
yeah......its that then that is corrupted by a virus....looks like a brain or a big metroid....use ur speed ball ability to spin around in the lock and open it....

Back