Opera free trial available Dec 22

macmee said:
That is if this version supports php files.

PHP files are SERVER-SIDE files. That means that the one making the interpretation of the file is the Server that provides it (eg. wiichat.com) The browser will always get a standard HTML output.

jledesma said:
PHP files are SERVER-SIDE files. That means that the one making the interpretation of the file is the Server that provides it (eg. wiichat.com) The browser will always get a standard HTML output.

Yes but some pages tend to load incorrect if they're PHP I've used browsers when the page is entirely off.

macmee said:
Yes but some pages tend to load incorrect if they're PHP I've used browsers when the page is entirely off.

Then it must be FRAMES, CCStyles, JavaScript or VBScript the page must be using. PHP has nothing to do with the way a page is formatted. The PHP script is mostly to process data and then generate a page with dynamic data on it.

You can click on the "View Source" menu on your browser and you will get a standard HTML page. You can even copy the code and paste it to text file. Save it as .html and then load it in you browser. You'll get the same page, probably without images, but the same page anyway...

Does anyone know what time the Weather Channel came out? Or does anyone know exactly what time the Internet Channel is supposed to come out?

Sillyhat said:
Does anyone know what time the Weather Channel came out? Or does anyone know exactly what time the Internet Channel is supposed to come out?
no clue.

All this wii browser crap is cool and all but the real question is can we watch YouTube(Xtube:D ) on it. if not then its Useless

Hurst said:
All this wii browser crap is cool and all but the real question is can we watch YouTube(Xtube:D ) on it. if not then its Useless

Probably not in the first release, In latter ones when theres flash then probably.

macmee said:
Probably not in the first release, In latter ones when theres flash then probably.
From a site I saw, it seems that the beta will have Adobe Flash on it.

It's available in Australia! I've been playing with it all day.
Since it does utilise java and flash - yes you can visit sites such as youtube. You can also full screen the videos and play them as you would on your computer. Unfortunately even during full screen the big fat icon bar at the bottom of the screen simply stays there. The main icon buttons are: back, favorites, start page and stop/reload.

The browser also has language text support - works fine for chinese text!!

The web browser is similiar to the one on the new nokia symbian phones. You can't right click links and open separate windows - shame.

I tried attaching my usb keyboard - and nope it doesn't work. You need to use the wii remote. With predictive text inputing, it's bearable for the time being.

The + and - buttons are used to zoom in and out. Holding down the B button allows you to scroll up/down, left/right. The A button is used to select.

I tried checking my email with it and it works fine. Funny thing was that I couldn't make my password entry (not sure if there's a way to do this) - which means anyone sitting there in the lounge would be able to see my embarassing entry.

Not bad for a trial version, though we'll need to wait till march for the full version?

Last edited:
Back