Opinions/advice on good multiplayer etiquette

SittingDuck, i really don't see the need for you to start a new profile.
There are a lot of good players who where in a lobby who would have made it to lvl 56 eventually even without being boosted.
(Though it is kinda annoying to see a lvl 56 with a day's playing time).
In case you do decide to restart with an alt.
I can tell you that it takes about 10 playing days to reach lvl 56
(if you farm a bit)

Anyway, I am going to retire SittingDuck and start a new profile at level 1 and will not to play in hacked games. Time to pick a new name...

How about ShittingDuck? LOL - Sorry had to do it...too tempting... wow bet you've never heard or thought of that one before... *smh...

Anyway, in terms of playing "honorably or with good etiquette," here's what I think...

1) I agree that the noob tube is a cheap way to get kills, but it is fun. I don't really mind it too much because "those people" don't usually win or have a decent kdr with it anyhow. I'll use it from time to time because it is FUN and I unlocked it legitimately.
2) Never host quit. Ever. Perhaps that should've been #1.
3) Spamming "proxyton" on every level does get old. I'll admit it. I have that as a loadout. But I only use it if more than one other player in the match is using it, and usually then only on archives or nightclub...though I have found an Ivana with laser and HH to be just as, if not more, effective than masterton.
4) Don't go for the beat down in EVERY match if you have a huge lead. Sure, it's fun to wipe out the competition. But I tend to be a "cool customer" if I'm playing with noobs. No one likes to play game after game with a person who goes 30-2 in conflict and shuts out the match before anyone else can get to 15 kills. Doing that more than 2 times in a row will more often than not lead to the host quitting the next time you get to 29 kills in conflict! If I get to 29 kills (and I've died at least once), I'll chill out and watch the carnage for a while before ending the game. Kinda fun. Especially if the other players are lower levels - I say let em' go at it and earn the XP.

In a nutshell, try to be a fun and competitive player that YOU would want to play with! :thumbsup:

New profile name is now ShootingDuck. Decided to keep some consistency in the name and concept. Just finished playing at lunch and although I got beat down a bit it was gratifying to take out some level 56 players with the Kunara V pistol. Seemed other players started using their pistols after a while as well? A pistols only match would be fun.

Anyway, as some of you probably know, starting over really shows what skills you've developed. Skills really come to play when your out in the open at medium to close range. It's actually quite a fun challenge. I highly recommend it.

it was gratifying to take out some level 56 players with the Kunara V pistol.

I meant the P99 pistol I believe. Whichever one comes in the presets when you start off. Sorry, the NOOB hasn't quite left me completely.

Nah that's the magnum. Handles even better than most shotguns, and looks like a dream.

The Wolfe is pretty good. Nothing trumps the awesomeness of Bond's Silenced P99 though! It's a 1-2 hit kill.

On topic: As Tampabondo said, play how you would want your opponents to play. I detest proxies, mastys, toobing, and camping, so I won't do it.

Would you consider sniping from the towers in Outpost camping? Is it ok to guard an area as long as your moving? Could you guys elaborate on camping?

Yeah, Hawksman is good, fun times - if you have a fast trigger finger! LOL It is also better "etiquette" than noob tubing :thumbsup:

Would you consider sniping from the towers in Outpost camping? Is it ok to guard an area as long as your moving? Could you guys elaborate on camping?
No, i wouldn't say it's camping. I think camping is when you sit in one spot where people have a limited view of you. Like when you sit next to a door with a shotgun, or when you wait for someone to pick up the blackbox and you detonate your mine then.

I agree with Xplo - using an Outpost tower to snipe in my book is not necessarally "camping" in the strictest definition of the word. It's not like the other players can't see the tower itself, or you when you are in it! And since those towers are usually easy-kill grenade n' machine gun death zones for anyone sitting up in them, feel free to use them as much as you want! They are one of my favorite places to get eliminations on people! Especially with a proxy mine - just toss it up in the tower and watch em' squirm! BOOOOOM! heh heh heh...

And don't I know it! Usually I can get away with at least a few kills or more using the silencer and some people have a hard time lobbing grenades accurately but when one of you guys comes along with a proxy I can either stay frozen or just get it over with and move. You probably noticed that I like to put a couple of smoke grenades near the tower before I try and climb. Kind of a dead giveaway if people are paying attention but always works better than being totally exposed.

Personally i only go up there once a match, once someone has found you there it's likely that if you go back up they'll keep killing you. I like the large catwalk much better for sniping much wider field of vision.

Every location on every map has it's good and bad points depending on what you're doing. You learn to become quite paranoid based on past experiences.

OK, so I am just going to "out" all the popular sniping locations. These are places that most smart people look first for easy kills. Go here if you REALLY want to, but don't say I didn't warn you:

Outpost
: In towers, on high ledge, in second floor of middle building, on top of crashed plane wing, in/around the broken houses, under buildings, sitting under the broken plane, inside the center house
Station: On the platform in the back corner, in the train, off to the side of the train, behind the boxes in front of the train, on the 2nd floor of the big building in the OTHER corner
Industrial: Upstairs at the end of the long hallway at the top of the stairs, at the back of the catwalk outside, at the top of the stairs in the big room, in the room at the end of the big room, at the end of the hallway that you can step out onto a ledge
Docks: Upstairs parts that overlook the outside areas, in the boat room, outside looking down the hallway toward the boat room, in the back corner under the ledge and behind boxes in the outside area, on the ledge inside the big building in the middle.
Sewers: Behind the box at the end of the back hallway, in the darkness at the end of the 2 side hallways, in the bottom of the stairwells that lead down to the lower tunnels
Archives: At either end of the upstairs back hallway, behind the boxes next to the upstairs tunnel(s) that leads down to the lower level, behind the wall that faces the central downstairs spawn point.
Nightclub: Crouching next to the "circle" texture downstairs looking up the stairs that lead to the central room, hiding on top of the speakers in the ceiling, hiding behind the wall that is in front of the main entrance to the upstairs back room.
Facility: At the end of any back hallway, on the ledge under the stairs in the main room, on the ledge opposite the stairs in the main room, up the ladder and on top of the pipe in the top of the main room, behind the stair railing at the end of the larger back hallway

Obviously, these are not the ONLY places you can snipe or camp from, but I wanted to let the noobs out there know that these are some of the most popular sniping locations, and often the first places GOOD players look for easy kills. Don't get caught sitting in these places for long - you WILL get shot. Although I am not the best sniper in this game, I do know that the key to being a successful GE sniper is to be creative and KEEP MOVING.

Back