ps3 is cheaper than an xbox

You dont have to pay $100 extra for online. Thats only if you want wireless. Also I wouldnt even count 40gig version because you cant even play PS2/PS games on it.

T3kNi9e said:
You dont have to pay $100 extra for online. Thats only if you want wireless. Also I wouldnt even count 40gig version because you cant even play PS2/PS games on it.
Yes, but as you throw out on using Wireless for Live, you can also counter that with them not wanting to play older titles.

You don't have to pay extra for Backwards Compatibility, that's only if you want to play the Playstation's Back Catalog.

solidkirby said:
Yes, but as you throw out on using Wireless for Live, you can also counter that with them not wanting to play older titles.

You don't have to pay extra for Backwards Compatibility, that's only if you want to play the Playstation's Back Catalog.

agreed
it really depends on what you're looking for in a console and which version of each you're looking for. There is no "best" console, there is just a better fit for each person.

It depends on what games you like. I'm so over the PS3 360 debate. People act like once one of them get a better advantage the other will just melt.

T3kNi9e said:

but im sure most people buying a ps3 arent buying it to play ps2 games. or even as a backup if their ps2 breaks cuz i've had my ps2 for like 4-5 yrs now and its still working like a charm.
nd wait 360 u dont have to buy that adaptor for online?

No, that adaptor is only if you want wireless. I dont have the adaptor and I play online just fine. You just hook it up with the Ethernet cord. If you dont have a long one, you can use your laptop to set up wireless connection.

Also, alot of people want backward compatability. There were lots of complaints this last christmas when parents realized they couldn't play their older games on it. I wanted to trade my PS2 in so that i can save money on PS3, but since there's no backward compatability, I couldn't.

zap'em up said:
but im sure most people buying a ps3 arent buying it to play ps2 games. or even as a backup if their ps2 breaks cuz i've had my ps2 for like 4-5 yrs now and its still working like a charm.
you'd be surprised, PS2's are notorious for having problems with hardware failure when used a lot for DVD playback. Aside from that some people just don't want to have the PS2 and PS3 hooked up taking up space on the shelf and usually very valuable real estate in the surge protector.
Plus if they didn't have backward comp. in the PS2 to play PS games then to play all 3 you'd always need all 3 hooked up. It isn't needed but there's not arguement that it's nice to have and among video game consoles(since cart based ones) it seems to be pretty standard. If people weren't already used to having it they wouldn't expect it and therefore wouldn't care if it were there or not.

zap'em up said:
nd wait 360 u dont have to buy that adaptor for online?

for wireless online you do.

Last edited:
Back