PS3 Vs. Wii

Wii

I would have to say the Wii. Nintendo chose to go for the large market, they wanted every potential person in their market. That is how you have gamers, little kids, parents, and even grandparents playing this thing. My whole family plays the Wii. My friends family was over last night, and they were playing it for a few hours- The parents and all their kids! You never see that. My grandfather, 82 year old understood and enjoyed playing the Wii. Can Microsoft and Sony answer to that? -No. They cannot. That is why the DS is killing the PSP at the moment, because the DS is more interactive and more user friendly compared to the PSP. The PS3 looks beautiful, and is powerful, but most of the high teck stuff is not needed to have fun. I think they went over board on the PS3. Microsoft did a good job in my opinion. They have a good library, have amazing graphics, yet their prices are much more reasonable and avalible compared to Sony. But the bottom line is that Nintendo is taking it away. There are 3 parts to their success. 1. Price 2. Avalibility 3. The most important- The demand for their product. Some people buy the 360. Most people dont even think about the PS3. The Wii is what people want. And why do they want it? Because it is so much fun and so addicting playing a game like nothing else can offer. Nintendo took a gamble in the gaming industry and won it by a long shot. Incredible. The Wii all the way. Enough said. -DP

lol ok hardware spec wise the ps3 will win hands down. fun factor for all ages young and oldies wii no matter what.. was at walmart the other day they had the 499 ps3's in stock just sitting in there while every one passes by and go to the wii or 360 or ps2 sections lol i was ganna pick it up but i wanted the 60gig version for little more features lol . then went to the wii section and of course sold out nintendo wii lol .. in the past hardware specs dont win console wars example super nes vs sega genesis vs panasonic 3d0 = 3d0 dead for its high price tagg . so all you sony fan boys need to buy more games to help sony make money lol i think i read somewhere its like 25-30 games for each console sold in order for them for pull in some kind of profit lol.

Basically what it comes down to is what you want...

I have a Wii aswell as a 360. I like the new gameplay with the Wii. For example I find some games alot more chalenging(SP) on the Wii then on a Generic(I say that with the upmost respect to the other systems.) System. If you look at the 3-6 Major systems over the previous year, what were they. Well we the the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, 360, and the new PS3. What is the two major differencies between all of those systems. 1. Different Game Selection, and Two which is the biggest to majority of the gamers out there, graphics. But when you throw the Wii into the mix, you get something so orignal so fresh that the consumers love it. Now not every fat kid accross the planet is going to like the fact that you have to move your ass a little to play, but you cant please everyone. I know I was over my friends house and his Grandparents were watching us play Wii and they joined us in a game of bowling.

All i am saying is the Gameplay being so new and fun many people of all ages will enjoy to play the Wii, but you stick a bomerang(PS3 Controler) in a 65 year old man and you are libale to get smacked with it.... Enjoy the Wii

-Bizz

Bizzle7 said:
Basically what it comes down to is what you want...

I have a Wii aswell as a 360. I like the new gameplay with the Wii. For example I find some games alot more chalenging(SP) on the Wii then on a Generic(I say that with the upmost respect to the other systems.) System. If you look at the 3-6 Major systems over the previous year, what were they. Well we the the Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, 360, and the new PS3. What is the two major differencies between all of those systems. 1. Different Game Selection, and Two which is the biggest to majority of the gamers out there, graphics. But when you throw the Wii into the mix, you get something so orignal so fresh that the consumers love it. Now not every fat kid accross the planet is going to like the fact that you have to move your ass a little to play, but you cant please everyone. I know I was over my friends house and his Grandparents were watching us play Wii and they joined us in a game of bowling.

All i am saying is the Gameplay being so new and fun many people of all ages will enjoy to play the Wii, but you stick a bomerang(PS3 Controler) in a 65 year old man and you are libale to get smacked with it.... Enjoy the Wii

-Bizz
im not fat i just didnt like the wii controller, so wow
and its not the boomerang controller, r-tard

and yah these threads are so pointless because i would bet my life that the majority, if not all, the people say wii is better..and they just try to add in some facts and act like their opinion is not bias

Last edited:
I have a ps3 and a wii and i like my ps3 much more the wii is good but the motion stuff just gets old and theres much more u can do on a ps3.

i own both a ps3 and wii. BTW i love both, but here are my opinions.

short term = wii (lower price and innovative)

long term = ps3 ( i mean how long can someone play a wii in 2-3 years, the graphic are not up to par now, what more as more and more people buy HDTV)

stove167 said:
I have a ps3 and a wii and i like my ps3 much more the wii is good but the motion stuff just gets old and theres much more u can do on a ps3.

agreed...i bought the wii for the motion sensor abiliy, but after a week or two or wii sport and zelda....it just gets old

k20dc5 said:
i own both a ps3 and wii. BTW i love both, but here are my opinions.

short term = wii (lower price and innovative)

long term = ps3 ( i mean how long can someone play a wii in 2-3 years, the graphic are not up to par now, what more as more and more people buy HDTV)

How can you say PS3 is long term. Dont you think that once everyone has a had a chance to see ane play the new design (Wii) foir Video Games more gamers will more likley to buy/get one?

Also would you rather play a game that had the best graphics ever but poor gmaeplay, or play a game that had a completley new way of playing videogames with ok graphics?

its hard to judge

currently id say definetly that the wii is the better console but with so limited amount of gaes out its hard to say i think the wii is better just because of the gameplay. however if you look at the xbox 360 the newer games eg: gears of war and rainbow six the graphics are amazing and the games contents are very good. the ps3 hasnt had a chance to really reach its potential so id have to go with wii.

end of the day its the games that matter,forget graphical abilitys and such, buy whatever console has the games u want, doesnt have to be so complicated.

I prefere Nintendos Games,Pure Fun,but he ps3 is a very attractive package,dispite the price, i would buy one once the price goes down,Gran turismos,Ratchet & Clank,Jak & Daxter, Fun Games.

But k20dc5 has it hit spot on, Ps3 is bound to last longer. Once all the price drops, i expect ps3s to sell like hot cakes.

I would agree with you to some extent, about picking a system out based on th games, because thats what I use to do. I have never owned a Nintendo DS/Lite, Never even played a Gamecube because I had no interest period. Had nothing to do with the fact that i never had time or that i dont/didnt play Videogames a lot, I was just wrapped up in Online play.

When I saw a Video for the Wii. I told me Girlfriend hands down without looking at the libary, I want that(she got it for me for Xmas)

I am agreeing that possible in the past you/me might have picked out a system based on the games that are out of for it, but... You have to take into consideration the game play now. Especially with the Realease of the Wii. No other system is in the same playing field of the Wii. Not saying it is better just different. I personally think it is the best system simpley for the Gameplay. I know it is not the Storngest nor is it Graphically dominate. I love it for he Player to Character( i.e. Zelda/Red Steel) interactions with the contoler. If you like the Wii then libary really isnt a issue because no matter what games the put out next to "Hello Kitty" Chances are you are going to have fun with it.

Good point though.

hmm,from what i see, and my opinon ofcource,almost everyone wants a ps3,but then they say " oh its to expensive,hell no! " , Sony needs a kick up the behind,drop the price and watch the ps3 catch xbox360s Hardware sales in 2007, the sales revenue from droping the price will result into profit for Sony no Doubt, only time will tell.

But i cant help but laugh at fanboys sometimes, when ps2 and Gamecube was being compared,Nintendo fans were saying ,Gamecube is better,better graphics!, now its ps3 vs wii, same people now say, oh graphics aint everything, LMAO. Oh well.

I want Gran turismo on ps3. A good thing about realism is that you can take a old muscle car and speed like theres no tommorow in the game,something no one in their right mind would do in real life, ah the posibilitys.

Mario Racer said:
But i cant help but laugh at fanboys sometimes, when ps2 and Gamecube was being compared,Nintendo fans were saying ,Gamecube is better,better graphics!, now its ps3 vs wii, same people now say, oh graphics aint everything, LMAO. Oh well.

I would agree with you on that part. I really feel a need to clear my name. I am not a Gamecube fan. I can understand that your comment was for those who were saying that back then.

I love Grand Turismo it is a great game. But believe it or not the Muscle Car comment it true just not for this time period. lol

Did you get a Wii Mario Racer?

Back