Rematch WiiChat vs Gamefaqs

@ Bakura, considering you were only a lvl29 facing 4 ivana players who have played in many wars. You did ok bud :)

Wars are funny things tbh, the first thing to understand is that other factors come into play -

1. Lag !! Your connection to the lobby is key, if you have to face a group of 56 players who have the jump on you and can seamingly shoot you when you have ducked for cover around corners. You know its not gonna go well.

2. Map knowledge/tactics. Classic example being how they spawnlocked you on outpost,controlling the middle hut and russian spawn is key to winning on that map. But the fact is that wars play out different. I have never played Docks in a war where the boatroom and area outside have seen much action. For some reason the yards seem to be where it all happens. Don't just have a tactic for the map either, have a tactic for team play. I tend to take up positions where I am covering my teammates and I also tend to keep away from them to avoid anybody getting us spawlocked. I am constantly changing up map routes and trying to 'outflank' the opposition too.

3. Weapon/loadout choice. For me it's a mix between Hi-Cap and RTM's depending on map mostly. In regular games I always have a combo of LF and SL with the ivana ( always with SS ). In wars I also throw in an RA + BB loadout for if I'm getting lag killed. Sometimes this helps me duck around corners and survive....live to fight another day if you like.

4. Use explosives. Most wars I play in the screen is almost constantly rockin, just about everyone uses all there frags n frisbee's during a life. Learning how to throw rtm's is key.... I would say that i've only just started to become lethal with those things, timing is key. That said they are pretty useless if the game is too laggy as getting the timing right is a nightmare.

5. Playing as a team. Not withstanding the fact that RS Steve,RS Brambles and RS Bazinga are some of the best players in the game. The reason that we were undefeated as a PAL team is because we all knew each others game. We all knew exactly what we were going to be doing on each map before the game started, effectively controlling how the game played out. I think we only lost one game in all the wars we played, and that was a close one on Indy !!

This is 100% right. Good advice Goldie.

As a whole, I'm not very happy how I played in the war. My best score was like 8-8... I can do much better than that :(, but there were many factors why it didn't go well. The host was not NTCS friendly (T-Mac was the host for all the games) and we never played together as a team. I wasn't sure how to run the maps becuase i've never played with half of our team, I tried to help you guys out, but running over to help just got me killed. Next time we do this we sound get some practice games together. Then we can get used to each other.

Koopa, you were great for us in the war, you were always top of our team. Thanks for being a good leader :) One day, we'll have a war when we all have good games lol, The first time we played WC Tampa OR Yoshi did well, this time Koopa did well... We need to try and get that in one game lol

What I wasn't able to contribute in terms of team support in-game, I was doing my best with good intentions... I prayed for you all. Apparently, WC needed more than a prayer after all... LOLz

@Yoshi if all 3 of us are at the top of our game i genuinely believe we can don some damage and give some clans/other opponents a run for their money.
For some reason (lag issues, no-shows, tiredness, offday) it never seems to happen.
Trev is becoming ever more lethal as well, or Hyper if availabe and we can make a good team.
(I think Cali/Dread is really good as well but he's not on that often)

Cali, Hyper, Koopa, Tampa, Yoshi (in alphabetical order) --> best of [E7] on any given day IMHO. Trev is slowly working his way into the conversation, though.

I'd like to think that on a good day any 4 of the 6 mentioned above could at least give any other clan a "run for their money." We are "fun & fair" first, though.

...But... we all know Dela could take us all out in game if she really wanted to... hehe :hand:

Y'all ever consider a war where everyone has to use one of the standard loadouts? Like, everyone has to use the SMG or Close Quarters loadout. I think that might be interesting. Kinda even the playing field. Make it more about skill than who's got the better guns and gadgets.

Y'all ever consider a war where everyone has to use one of the standard loadouts? Like, everyone has to use the SMG or Close Quarters loadout. I think that might be interesting. Kinda even the playing field. Make it more about skill than who's got the better guns and gadgets.

Said like true not-56 player! :lol: But seriously, that would be fun. Played against you earlier btw. GGs.

Actually a lot of wars have caps.
+ in most wars they're all 56'ers, so there's no gun advantage.

Actually a lot of wars have caps.
+ in most wars they're all 56'ers, so there's no gun advantage.

Thats correct, usually the cap is set to accomodate the players levels in the war. Rarely is there any gun advantage.

Would you guys/E7 still be interested in a PAL war against the Greek Gods as I suggested in your thread on faqs ? 3 v 3 would be easy enough to do if you can't get enough players to fill the lobby. You guys can choose the cap.

i would be in. Yoshi probably as well.
So Trev would be the questionmark

Apparently, that what some dude did in a recent war.
So guess it's posible.

I'll be happy to war the Gods :D

Is there anyway you can hack your Wii to get into a PAL or NTCS game?

Yes you can, that's what OZ Tomie did in the OZ v THE war....that caused all the fuss lol. Also when machopride was playing all the new maps he told everyone PAL they would have to use the region hack........as he wrote most of GE's hacks along with Anarion it seems safe to say it's possible :)

Back