Someone tell me, Why keep the wii?

masterjedi said:
Here's what I don't understand;

People keep complaining about Nintendo not coming up with any new franchises. I must name a few to contradict the theory:

Trauma Center
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Phoenix Wright
Pikmin
Brain Age/Bigt Brain Academy (Whether you like it or not)

I mean, these games ALL have sequels and have nothing to do with Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Just because people don't care for the new games Ninty is putting out doesn't mean they're not coming up with new franchises. They're just not coming out with new blood/gore/gun/sword/car games. They're actually doing something different.

Very true & I will say once again , the Wii will set a standard for the next gen systems to come , even though it isnt the graphic power house . In 100 years time when we all have hollow decks and the history channel runs some documentary on the history of the hollow deck the Wii will be seen as one of the stepping stones of such a thing in mass homes .Nintendo , when they want to , can think outside the box with the best of them .
On a side note didnt Nintendo start out after ww2 making playing cards ??

masterjedi said:
Here's what I don't understand;

People keep complaining about Nintendo not coming up with any new franchises. I must name a few to contradict the theory:

Trauma Center
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Phoenix Wright
Pikmin
Brain Age/Bigt Brain Academy (Whether you like it or not)

I mean, these games ALL have sequels and have nothing to do with Mario, Zelda or Metroid. Just because people don't care for the new games Ninty is putting out doesn't mean they're not coming up with new franchises. They're just not coming out with new blood/gore/gun/sword/car games. They're actually doing something different.
yes but they have no new games that define the wii. it needs a killer app exclusive for the wii and made just for the wii. so far it has none. ps3 has resistance, warhawk, and lair. 360 has bioshock, gears of war, too human (some others, bioshock is on pc right now but its advertised for 360 first, pc second, idk count it if you want)

nintendo i believe was around sinec the late 1800s and i dont think it made playing cards, just some type of cards... [not so sure]

Dont sell your wii, just buy a 360 or do something else till they come out with good games. 360 is way better than wii right now but later it'll change.

Sovieto said:
it needs a killer app exclusive for the wii and made just for the wii. so far it has none. ps3 has resistance, warhawk, and lair. 360 has bioshock, gears of war, too human (some others, bioshock is on pc right now but its advertised for 360 first, pc second, idk count it if you want)

Very good and very true points . Given the amount of Wii's sold the indrasty / market will demand such games for the Wii , or at least I hope . Given Nintendo's experience and know how I am betting they do .
I must say though Bioshock looks SWEET !

build a computer. every xbox game is on computer and looks better, plus its free online play. ok, so gears of war isnt on the pc (just wait) but bioshock is. and who would buy a ps3 right now, there are no games.

and seriously it cost $60 bucks to get bioshock on the xbox, while its only $50 for the PC (and looks better).

Wii + PC = best choice out of all.

MaxTO said:
Very good and very true points . Given the amount of Wii's sold the indrasty / market will demand such games for the Wii , or at least I hope . Given Nintendo's experience and know how I am betting they do .
I must say though Bioshock looks SWEET !
yup, which goes back to my other point. games that are coming out now for ps3 and 360 were games being started a year(s) ago.

@ guy above me, you will get a lot of 360 games on PC. but youll get them on the 360 first a lot of the times. but theres still games like dead rising, turok, too human, mass effect(pretty sure its 360 only..), and many more i could care less for naming, but you should do your research.

also, bioshock dosent look better on the pc (id love proof to show me otherwise though) it also has achievements and unlimited plays without hassle (which if you again do your research youll learn bioshock can only be installed a number of times.

Last edited:
I have Wii60. My Wii is a buttload more fun than the 360. Metroid Prime 3 is a great game (my first Metroid game), i'm about 8% through it. I only have Madden 08 for 360, and will probably get Halo 3....but I can't see myself getting more than that.

On the other hand, MoH: Heroes will have 32 player online. SSBB will be awesome (and have online, to add more to it). Mario Galaxy? Could be good, but I'm not a big mario fan. If you ask me, he's freaking whipped. Over 20 years and what has he gotten from Peach? Nothing. I require a game with a story (Zelda, Spyro, Metroid). That reminds me, SPYRO FTW (that means For The Wii!) this Winter! Supposedly will have at least a T rating.

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HAVETO INVEST IN A GAMING COMPUTER!!!
Or are you seriously f*cked up...

Now Nintendo's big franchises are the only reasons that I get their consoles. It already sucks that they're making gay games like wiisports, but you want them to drop their winners, huh! Idiot... just can't appreciate the fact that the Nintendo series have an outstanding history and are always close or just top-notch! GTA kills your mind, Mario enriches it at all ages! YAY FOR MARIO!!!!

Spyro said:
I have Wii60. My Wii is a buttload more fun than the 360. Metroid Prime 3 is a great game (my first Metroid game), i'm about 8% through it. I only have Madden 08 for 360, and will probably get Halo 3....but I can't see myself getting more than that.

On the other hand, MoH: Heroes will have 32 player online. SSBB will be awesome (and have online, to add more to it). Mario Galaxy? Could be good, but I'm not a big mario fan. If you ask me, he's freaking whipped. Over 20 years and what has he gotten from Peach? Nothing. I require a game with a story (Zelda, Spyro, Metroid). That reminds me, SPYRO FTW (that means For The Wii!) this Winter! Supposedly will have at least a T rating.
wow is that even fair to say your 360 is less fun than the wii when all you have is some mainstream game that hardly changes every year?! get some games, man.

ya serisoly wii is a fun system but i mean most people are naming sequals with mario in them there hasent been one game for the wii thats not a sequal to get over a 9.0 or 8.5 damn man thats why i have a 360 they come up with new games unlike saying just wait were getting all these games im sick of it,

anyways nice post man

Sovieto said:
yes but they have no new games that define the wii. it needs a killer app exclusive for the wii and made just for the wii. so far it has none. ps3 has resistance, warhawk, and lair. 360 has bioshock, gears of war, too human (some others, bioshock is on pc right now but its advertised for 360 first, pc second, idk count it if you want)

nintendo i believe was around sinec the late 1800s and i dont think it made playing cards, just some type of cards... [not so sure]
Your one of the last Old Wiichat users left...... If you dont like the Wii why are you still here? Mostly everyone else left.

Sovieto said:
[not so sure]

LoZ:TP
MP3
Wii Sports
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart*
SSBB*
Mario Galaxy*
Wii Fit*
Mario Strikers: Charged
Mario Party 8
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles*
*=Not yet released as of this post.

It depends on how you look at it. It appears that you are referring to the "best games on the console" type killer-apps and not the "be-all-end-all (for the console)" killer apps. In that case, what I put on the list fits near-perfectly. (even though LoZ has a port on the Gamecube... it plays like it was made just for the Wii)

to tell you the truth I read through your post and I get were your coming from. But the nintendo franchises are what set them apart. I thought I had lost ssbm and I started freaking out. I still play that game. Also I hope they come out with more luigis mansion games. that the very first nintendo game I owned (I am only 14) and there is something about nintendo that is different. THEY CARE and they listen to the people instead of ignoring them. just give it time.

ok i didnt read all the posts so i dont know if this has been said yet but now that wii has outsold both the 360 and ps3, developers are going to start realizing that it is the fastest selling console EVER and shift more money into wii games. so if it doesnt seem like the library is that great now, just wait a year or two and you will see that wii will come out with more than the same old games.

and if ur not satisfied, just get a good pc that can run virtually all of the games the 360 can and more.

Last edited:
Major Tom said:
Your one of the last Old Wiichat users left...... If you dont like the Wii why are you still here? Mostly everyone else left.

just cause he's posting logical and contradicting posts that have nothign to do with the op dosn't mean he dosn't like the wii, and even so maybe he dosn't like it now but plans on liking it when better titles comes out

project hammer wasn't canned, someone from nintendo said that it's paused cause that dev. team is working on something else right now...(?)

anyways i'm going to try to sum up the logical posts from this thread

a) now that demand has gone now, you won't get much if you sell it....so why not just keep it, that way if you see a game in the future that you want, you won't regret selling your wii,

b)i'm going to give a wii list, bare in mind that this has some games that are big nintendo titles(i.e. super mario galaxy) however, this is the games that i'm looking forward to the most and i'm sure you'll find a couple of titles here that you would like.....these are all exclusive(i think, allthough some may also come to the ds/ps2/psp, i could be wrong on some of them though)

in alphabetical order
-animal crossing
-batallion wars 2
-bleach:shattered blade
-ddr:hottest party
-disaster: day of crysis
-dragon blade:wrath of fire
-final fantasy crystal chronicles: the crystal bearers
-fire emblem: radiant dawn
-manhunt 2
-mario and sonic at the olympic games
-mario kart
-medal of honor: heroes 2
-naruto: clash of ninja revolution
-no more heroes
-project H.A.M.M.E.R.
-super mario galaxy
-super smash bros brawl
-tales of symphonia: knight of ratatosk
-trauma center:new blood

that's my list for the future

c) if you involve in any non-sober activities....the wii owns

d)the wii is now officially the console with the most sales, so more developers will show interest in it,

Back