SSB not that fun?

Still, calling it a bad game is not the popular reaction to it. Is it good..YA, Did it make you wet your pants..No.
Then again no video game has been that good since back in the late 80's early 90's.

All we get today are still recycling old ideas, SSBB is one of the newer genre's for fighters, so it's still somewhat fresh compared to the majority of games on the market. I woudl still rather play SSBB then Tekken,MK,Soul Calibur anyday. They have just been overdone!

Dingaling said:
you wet your pants playing a video game?
The problem was that with SSBB there was a collective, mass wetting of pants just anticipating playing the game.

Now that it's out, the masses are underwhelmed and there are dry pants everywhere.

I think the majority of people that are upset are the ones that never played it before, had no clue what they where getting. The die hard SSB fans, even the people that played socially before seem to love the game for the most part, and see it as a great addition to the series.

The people underwhelmed by it are the ones with no experience with it.They just got as excited as the die hard fans that were geeked about it, when they had no clue what it was.
That would be like following someone to a concert paying for a ticket, screaming for it to start, then finding out it's Hanna Montana and you hate it. :lol: :lol:

Just because a large population likes it doesn't mean you will. Just like any game I would say rent it before you buy it! Nintendo has a way of crushing the "hardcore" by making games that level the playing field, and alot freak out when they find out by losing to a 8 year old. Still overall this is a game that the majority of people enjoy and has a wide demographic.
But in the end it's all gonna come down to your own taste for games no one elses.

Last edited:
wezeles said:
I think the majority of people that are upset are the ones that never played it before, had no clue what they where getting. The die hard SSB fans love the game and see it as a great addition to the series.
But you are forgetting that these newcomers were being told by the ravaging SSBB-loving hoards that they should definitely get it because it was going to be the best game ever made and there was no conceivable way they couldn't like it.

That would be like following someone to a concert paying for a ticket, screaming for it to start, then finding out it's Hanna Montana and you hate it.
More like that person dragging you to the concert and telling you to not mind the $50 ticket since it'll be the best $50 you ever spent. Then finding out it's Hanna Montana. :D

Just because a large population likes it doesn't mean you will.
If only the SSBB fanboys had kept that in-mind before they preached it to be the one holy game to rule them all that you'd have to be an idiot/lamer/sucky-player to not like because everyone loves the game.

Oh, and Wezeles... I'm sorry, dude, but after a certain number of times it's not a typo and I have to call you out on it: were/where. ;)

http://vtbsd.net/english/

sremick said:
More like that person dragging you to the concert and telling you to not mind the $50 ticket since it'll be the best $50 you ever spent. Then finding out it's Hanna Montana. :D

I'm sure no one forced 50 bucks outta anyones wallet. :lol: :lol:
Following a fan crowd will always disapoint you if you do it blindly. The larger the crowd the larger the hype. By the number of fans compared to any other game it just goes to show how popular it is. But still it comes down to a individual basis if you like it or not.
Halo 3 was hyped far more than SSBB and plenty of casual gamers have voiced their complaints about it.
Spending your entertainment budget on something you have no clue about is taking your own gamble. Blaming someone else for not making a good decision for you is just stupid!

I don't know why your so upset about it, you didn't buy it blindly. You have not lost anything from the experience. You have spent more time complaining about a game that doesn't appeal to you, then you have looking for one that does it seems.

It's a fact of life, not everyone has the same taste, accept it and move on.

I'd hate to see your house when you order up a pizza, probably takes more time to debate the toppings then it does to get it delivered. :lol: :lol:

wezeles said:
Following a fan crowd will always disapoint you if you do it blindly.
And letting one's enthusiasm cause them to exaggerate and deceive people who are well-meaning and turning to people for honest advice will also guarantee disappointing people.

Good advice: "Zelda is a single-player long drawn-out adventure full of puzzles. I love it but that sort of game doesn't appeal to everyone."

Bad advice: "SSBB is the only reason to buy a Wii! If you buy no other game, buy SSBB! It's going to be the best game for the Wii released so far and maybe ever! Everyone loves this game! If you don't, you obviously suck at playing video games!"

I'm choosing to speak out against bad advice.

I don't know why your so upset about it, you didn't buy it blindly.
Read more-carefully. I haven't bought it at all.

You have spent more time complaining about a game that doesn't appeal to you, then you have looking for one that does it seems.
It's not your position to tell me how to spend my time, my friend. If I choose to spend some minutes out of the day engaging a discussion about how I feel that Wii fans have done their peers a disservice by letting their unfounded enthusiasm for SSBB skew what they say about it and influence their purchasing recommendations, then I think I'm entitled to do that. I have plenty of games that appeal to me already, enough to occupy me and not require me to buy new games for a while (although I no doubt will as there are several I have my eye on).

There are worse games out there than SSBB. The amount of talk criticizing it now is not a reflection of how it stands amongst games as much as it's proportional to the amount it was over-hyped. If the hypers don't like how much the rest of us are now like "we told you so", then they have only themselves to blame. The more you build it up, the harder it falls.

I'd hate to see your house when you order up a pizza, probably takes more time to debate the toppings then it does to get it delivered.
Nope, I order veggie. Everyone else can get what they want as a separate pizza or if they like veggie too, we can get a bigger one. I understand you were trying to draw up some sort of comparison making a statement about what sort of person I am, but it's not accurate.

sremick said:
And letting one's enthusiasm cause them to exaggerate and deceive people who are well-meaning and turning to people for honest advice will also guarantee disappointing people.

Good advice: "Zelda is a single-player long drawn-out adventure full of puzzles. I love it but that sort of game doesn't appeal to everyone."

Bad advice: "SSBB is the only reason to buy a Wii! If you buy no other game, buy SSBB! It's going to be the best game for the Wii released so far and maybe ever! Everyone loves this game! If you don't, you obviously suck at playing video games!"

Zelda fans are just as bad, Same can be said for any game franchise, you will find extreamist that say nothing but praise about it. Again the popularity of the game and the hype has nothing to do with personal taste but mass acceptance of it.
There might be a 2 thumbs up/5 star movie that everyone loves in the theater, but just because some or even most like it doesn't mean all will. You assume so at your own risk if your not willing to do the research.

sremick said:
Read more-carefully. I haven't bought it at all.
I know that, thats why I said "you didn't buy it blindly". Try some of your own advice and read more carefully. :lol:

sremick said:
Nope, I order veggie. Everyone else can get what they want as a separate pizza or if they like veggie too, we can get a bigger one. I understand you were trying to draw up some sort of comparison making a statement about what sort of person I am, but it's not accurate.

I'm not trying to draw up anything, It's a pretty simple concept that "not all people have the same taste." The argument goes no further than that.
Anything said or heard about the quality of anything
is all based on personal opinion. There might be a majority of opinion that go one way or the other. But relying on anyone else but yourself to judge for you is just naive.

Eaither way I'm done with the argument, it is just repetative jibberish of what should be common sense to just about anyone.

Actually the game is getting very boring nothing new to it unless you hack it. Because of nintendo wfi connection on the game people still play and chat on the game if not for that the game would of been dead sadly, olus it couldn't compare to melee. So there you have it.

Back