Ill get it toomoroow

Ill Pm u so I can beat u with link

I might not even play with Link........:yesnod:
Okay, the settings will be:
Final Destination or Battlefield
5 stock, no time limit
No items

P.S.-Don't expect an easy win.:nono:

Well I finally played SSBB over the weekend. I have to admit, beforehand I was thinking of buying it (despite all of you who weren't paying attention to what I was actually saying and thought I hated it).

Now, after playing it, I'm not thinking I will. I really didn't get the fuss. Just a chaotic jumping-around button-masher, really. Is this the level of game it takes to get people excited? No wonder Nintendo is thinking of ending the Zelda franchise... the lowest-common-denominator has fallen through the floor. The average Nintendo player wants something like SSBB, and not something like Zelda.

Now I understand why I'm the only one playing Tomb Raider on these forums. *sigh*

Who did you play with? Don't get caught playing with yourself! ha ha

SSB franchise has been the biggest fighting game franchise for fighting games since it's release on N64. Although very different from most other fighting games, and the addition of 4 player fighting does make it seem "crazy", thats also the biggest part of the fun! With just 1 on 1 it's alright but get 2 or more friends playing with you and it levels the playing field because you can't go after someone for long eventually someone will stop your on-slaught with a cheep shot in the middle of you attack. It takes the personal skill out of each character and turns it into an overall strategy fighting game.

As with anygame I could see some people not liking the SSB series. But for anyone who says they do not like it without playing it in "real life 4-player mode" I say they have yet to play it! that is the main part of the game. Not sure if you played it this way or not but that is the highlight of the game.

Although I really liked the single player modes this time around compared to the old ones, alot longer more indepth, too many cut scenes to fill in the gap but atleast they were done well, less would have been better or merge a couple together. What did you think of the solo mode?

sremick said:
Well I finally played SSBB over the weekend. I have to admit, beforehand I was thinking of buying it (despite all of you who weren't paying attention to what I was actually saying and thought I hated it).

Now, after playing it, I'm not thinking I will. I really didn't get the fuss. Just a chaotic jumping-around button-masher, really. Is this the level of game it takes to get people excited? No wonder Nintendo is thinking of ending the Zelda franchise... the lowest-common-denominator has fallen through the floor. The average Nintendo player wants something like SSBB, and not something like Zelda.

man are you and I in agreement here.
They had better not end the Zelda Franchise..

Pantalaimn said:
man are you and I in agreement here.
They had better not end the Zelda Franchise..

man, they better not end Zelda. I grew up with it.:scared:

Oh yeah, if you haven't played smash's predecessors from N64 and GCN over the years with your friends, then you wouldn't understand the hype over it.

i like SSB.
Many ppl think its bad/not good, but i think its great because if u just buy the game for fighting game, than ur simply mistaken.
I Play SSB because ur favoriate character u played when u were just a child, and they are fighting other characters WITH U.
Imagine, ur favorate characters taking orders from u and fight other favorate characters.
I think thats the true meaning of SSB =)

I understand where your comin from, once you beat the story mode (which was kinda pathetic) theres really no point to the game. Like Halo, once the story ends, its only fun to play other people, the CPU's are dumb.
that was the point of playing online, however it can be a little laggy. as long as you have friends who want to play and you always make fun of the dude who plays as zero suit samus. its a fun game.

wezeles said:
But for anyone who says they do not like it without playing it in "real life 4-player mode" I say they have yet to play it! that is the main part of the game. Not sure if you played it this way or not but that is the highlight of the game.
I played with 3 other people in the room with me. My youngest sister had only even played a Wii once before, and only Wii Sports... she played with Pikachu, and was a lot better at it than even the boy who owned the game. Random much?

I will explore it some more sometime when I have more time with it (I specifically want to see what 1-on-1 is like), but at the moment I'm not impressed. The opening video is all dramatic and all and gives you high-hopes, but then you get playing and you realize the gameplay is simplistic and the outcome is pretty random. I now understand why so many critics call it a "button masher".

It's alot to keep up with thats for sure.
In order to win everytime it takes alot of organization and strategy. I have only lost once playing people online out of god like 50 rounds, but I have also had the game since it was on N64. You have to set youself up for wins wait for the right moment for everything. Your on deffense and offense constantly, and if you can't manage to watch all 3 competitors at the same time and focus on what your doing aswell your not going to get much farther than anyone else.

I would say the majority of people that play it have the same results as you, it seems all random and it may appear to come down more to character choice and the stage your playing on than anything.
It's a tough game to get obsssesed about because it it is so casual and has a wide audience, but for the people that really dive into it for tournaments and everything its a blast.

Same thing goes for Mario Kart, although it seems random the Kart junkie will waste you everytime with strategy. Any newcomer be it a little sister or a veteran gamer is going to be on the same level unless you spend time on it.

I never played the GC or N64 versions, but I got it from Gamefly when it came out due to how great I heard it was supposed to be. While its a decent game and can be fun, I don't think it lives up to all the hype surrounding it. From everything I heard about it leading up to the release date I thought this game was going to redefine gaming... but it is just a quirky fighting game. I think it would be hard for any game to live up to that ammount of hype.

Hype:
1.Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion:
2.Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material:
3.An advertising or promotional ploy:
4.Something deliberately misleading; a deception:

Nothing EVER lives up to the Hype. Thats why its called Hype :lol: :lol:
It was just as bad for Halo 3 when it came out.
Now its happening to SSBB the 3rd of the series, not a big shocker.
It's still a great game, but the chances of it being "the most ground breaking game in history" never where in the cards, I think the consumer added to the hype more than Nintendo.

768px-Crystal-pepsi.jpg

ZOMG!!! Clear Pepsi will be amazing..... FAIL! ha ha

Last edited:
And then there were those of us who were telling the hypers that they were over-hyping SSBB and it wasn't going to live up to the impossible expectations they were having for it (and trying to get others to have for it).... and we got flamed.

Back