The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? :'(

And how soon do I get them in the game? Otherwise, I need some help obtaining my Pokemon.

So my list is:
Larvesta
Joltik
Durant
Accelgor

Egg for Durant? And trade help fir Accelgor, and I should be good to go. But I might change Accelgor for a Venipede, because of how early you get him, and the simplicity.

I would love to do a scramble monotype, but tell me, which type would be the most difficult?Also could I combine three challenges (sorry if I missed this in the rules, too lasy to read it all :p).

Normal? I don't know. But that'd be my guess.
And now I wanna do Psychic xD. But I gotta do my bug first (after my Yanma). But maybe I'll do something on Emerald. Or maybe a no-save solo on Platinum. But anywho, Yanma is the biggest pain in the rear, and I need it to learn something good swiftly. Getting into the 3rd gym, and my Yanma knows:
Headbutt
Quick Attack (2nd strongest attack its learned DX)
Double Team
Foresight (otherwise a ghost would screw me over)

So, where can Yanma learn a bug and/or flying attack?

THE RULES FOR EVERY CHALLENGE HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Anyone who is playing a challenge at the moment can disregard any and all changes and adaptions to the rules, and continue their challenge as normal. Full credit will be awarded for completion as well. You may if you desire, tweak your challenge to match the slight changes in rules if possible, of course.

Anyone intending to take a challenge, veteran or not, needs to re-read the rules for their desired challenge.

I would love to do a scramble monotype, but tell me, which type would be the most difficult?Also could I combine three challenges (sorry if I missed this in the rules, too lasy to read it all :p).

Hey, welcome to the thread, friend. =D But since this is a challenge thread, I can't let you just glance over the rules. Please do read the rules for any and all you intend to take. :) The rules are there to make the challenge more enjoyable, after all. Especially with combined challenges, since things can get really hectic and screwy with all the overlapping details and the like.

But to answer your question, yes, you can combine as many challenges as you desire. Combining any three is indeed a challenge, so if you intend to do that, the best of luck. :thumbsup:

So, where can Yanma learn a bug and/or flying attack?

Anywhere. Just level it up a lot. :p

Sorry CK, been busy. I dub your last to be an Altaria, Male Gender, and you shall nickname him Fluffy, and be happy with it.

Okay, I have read the rules over carefully and have made a decision.

I am going to take a combined challenge of Monotone/Scramble/Moveset.

The type I choose is normal and I will be doing it on Pokemon Pearl Version.

First off, lets choose the six normal type pokemon I will be using. Bring it on, it can be any normal type obtainable within the Pearl game. Sadly, I have no one to trade with for pokemon. :(

After the pokemon are chosen, then you will pick the movesets for each pokemon

Red_Link, I give to you a Glameow. Purugly is just too cute to pass up :p

And also, can someone supply me with an Accelgor? I'll wait until I can get to the Karrablast to trade for a Shelmet. But yeah.
Why does Shelmet not turn into the bigger helmet, but the Accelgor instead?

Sorry CK, been busy. I dub your last to be an Altaria, Male Gender, and you shall nickname him Fluffy, and be happy with it.

DAMN YOU! Dx I ****ing knew someone was going to give me an Altaria. I'm sure I would of gotten a Gible too, if I hadn't banned it. .-. I will indeed name it Fluffy (I spite you and your TWEWY names, J. =P), but I sure as hell ain't gonna be happy about it... Oh well. :lol: At least I don't have an A-team of destruction. All the more fun. Now to get to breeding and start the challenge. :D

Okay, I have read the rules over carefully and have made a decision.

I am going to take a combined challenge of Monotone/Scramble/Moveset.

The type I choose is normal and I will be doing it on Pokemon Pearl Version.

First off, lets choose the six normal type pokemon I will be using. Bring it on, it can be any normal type obtainable within the Pearl game. Sadly, I have no one to trade with for pokemon. :(

After the pokemon are chosen, then you will pick the movesets for each pokemon

Thanks for readin' the rules over, Link. =) You're going into a pretty rough challenge, so I wish ya the best of luck. I believe you're the first to do a combined challenge of 3 or more; I'll have to match that some time. ;D

In the name of Arceus, I bestow upon you these powers of normalcy. It's dangerous to go alone! Take these...

[video=youtube;5VRr9NG7RE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRr9NG7RE0[/video]

You got a Lopunny and Staraptor!

Yeah, it was only a matter of time before someone made a Zelda reference with your name. xD

By the by, I'd be happy to supply you with any eggs you need for your challenge on your pearl, subsequent challenges too, of course. =) Then you'll be able to use normals outside of just Sinnoh, which is all the more fun. I'd retract my offer of Lopunny for something of another region, too.

RockerJ said:
Red_Link, I give to you a Glameow. Purugly is just too cute to pass up :p

And also, can someone supply me with an Accelgor? I'll wait until I can get to the Karrablast to trade for a Shelmet. But yeah.
Why does Shelmet not turn into the bigger helmet, but the Accelgor instead?

Since he's using a full team, you're to give him two pokemon. Throw in another alongside Glameow. =)

If you can't catch a Shelmet on your version (I forgot which =P), I'll be happy to give ya an egg. Once you arrive at Icirrus city, I'll trade a Karrablast so it'l evolve. Or you can just go with Scolipede, lol.

My team so far: Starapter, Purugly, and Lopunny(maybe). I am willing to except eggs from anyone, so feel free to add pokes from other regons then. I don't have any experience with online trading so it should be interesting.

Take a Bidoof. Since you're using all six, it will aid you as an HM Slave.

And CK, that'll work. I'll hurry up and get there. We should be able to trade tonight, if we're both on, of course.

My team so far: Starapter, Purugly, and Lopunny (maybe). I am willing to except eggs from anyone, so feel free to add pokes from other regons then. I don't have any experience with online trading so it should be interesting.

Alright then, instead of Lopunny, I bestow upon you the powers of Tauros!

And what RockerJ said is herpaderp, you'll be using Bibarel instead of a Bidoof. No unevolved pokemon are allowed in scrambled challenges, unless of course it's an unevolved scramble combined challenge. But that's just asking for trouble. xD

And CK, that'll work. I'll hurry up and get there. We should be able to trade tonight, if we're both on, of course.

I'm sad to say you'll be hard-pressed to catch me... With me being on a normal sleep schedule, 'n all. This ****ing heat dome of death demotivates me from being on a PC in the second hottest room of the house, as well. =/ If you don't catch me, throw a time at me any time during the day/early night via VM, and I'll show up then tomorrow and wait at least an hour for ya to show. =)

Well, since I've begun my challenges, I intend to make a daily post about the happenings of said challenge, so... summary!

With my first day of my challenge coming to a close. I didn't make much progress, but hey, I'm happy I finally started it.

Owned rivals, plenty of random encounters of the non-final fantasy variety, the usual. And of course, I made it to Striaton Gym. I chose Oshawott just because, so Cilan's Pansage was my opponent. Fluffy the Swablu (Storm... -.-') cleaned up the gym trainers easy, and against Cilan, it's sing only missed once, miraculously. Cilan's Lillipup was a cinch when it was put to sleep; but it was threatening if Sing had missed a second time, since anything with +2 at this point in the game would hurt. Luckily, once asleep, it didn't pose any threat, and was beaten down by my blue bird.

Pansage was in the same vote, except Sing didn't miss. Peck'd it to death, and the Trio Badge was quickly mine. Easiest time I've had with the first gym so far, lol. And ironically, these're the worst pokemon I've taken to said first gym, ever.

I ****ing hate Swablu, though... Erratic EXP growth is ****ing terrible. Trapinch was leveling up practically four times as fast as it, for god's sake. .-. It's a weak pokemon, it grows incredibly slowly for in-game, and it's movepool is subpar. Ugh, Storm. I ugh you. 'Least Trapinch is cleaning up, since it actually has 100 Base Attack, which is just wrecking everything. Why couldn't Flygon of been really fast, or somewhat more powerful, though... ... ... Then it wouldn't be an inferior-everything to the OU dragons... Ah well.

Team stats:

Fluffy: Lv. 11
Trapinch: Lv. 10
Oshawott: Lv. 7 (it's just there, because; later a Surf slave)
Pansear: Lv. 10 (Cut slave, just like Derpawott, it's there just because)

Okay then, two more Pokemon to be decided. Hopefully we get more interest in this thread so the process will speed up, I want to get started fast! Also, SSBfreakCK, would you be fine trading me eggs for everything except Starly and Bidoof (since I get then so early on). I like raising Pokemon from really low levels. :)

Okay then, two more Pokemon to be decided. Hopefully we get more interest in this thread so the process will speed up, I want to get started fast! Also, SSBfreakCK, would you be fine trading me eggs for everything except Starly and Bidoof (since I get then so early on). I like raising Pokemon from really low levels. :)

I hear ya, dude. Waiting for Storm to give me my Altaria (Storm... -_-' ) was killin' me. But hey, what can ya do, people got lives, eh? :lol: Neosquid, AKA Nick should show up soon enough, I'd hope. He's always been a great helper for the challenge threads, and hardly leaves them for too long.

And not a problem, Link. I've got ya covered. :thumbsup: You need a Glameow, Tauros, and whatever other two eggs'll show up from the next poster. Easy stuff. =)

Yeah. Bidoof evolves into Bibarel, so I consider them the same.

And onto my Yanma solo run. Doing a bit of trainer battling before I fight Whitney. I have a feeling her Miltank will be a pain the rear. DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back