The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished my team by receiving a Spinda, Tauros, Aipom, and Glameow from SSBfreakCK at level one each. Thus ends the first day of my adventure!

Finally indeed. :lol: Better level those up before you get any farther in, eh? Level 1's can't do garbage to even a level 3, 'specially not a good rock type. And Oreburgh Gym'll definitely have a few of those.

Speaking of which, your movesets have arrived! :D

Bibarel's Moveset:

Surf (HM)
Waterfall (HM)
Strength (HM)
Yawn (Lvl)

Yep, the best HM Slave of Gen 4. I hate to do it, but it's the only pokemon that can learn Waterfall and Surf on your team (as far as I know), and Strength is a matter of "well, why the hell not?" Yawn is better than it's TM moves, and since this thing in no way hits hard, why not give it the second most reliable sleep move in the game? Might save you one day.

Purugly's Moveset:

Body Slam (Lvl)
Sucker Punch (Lvl)
Hypnosis (Lvl)
Dig (TM)

Purugly's moveset isn't wide in terms of type coverage, but it's still not to be underestimated. Body Slam is great STAB and can paralyze, Sucker Punch is powerful priority with Dark type to kill ghosts wanting to take your normal moves, Hypnosis might help if Purugly is facing a pokemon it simply can't handle. Something like a Steelix might take poor damage from Dig, and could counter with Earthquake, for example. And aforementioned Dig is just useful.

A REALLY important note to not forget, Link; Sucker Punch is only learned by Glameow at lv. 41. Even with a Heart Scale, if you evolve Glameow into Purugly at lv. 38, there's no way to teach it Sucker Punch. Waiting only three levels for such an awesome move (Priority and 20 more Base Power instead of Faint Attack's never-miss? yeah, it's better lol) is seriously worth it. So yeah, don't evolve Glameow until it learns Sucker Punch.

Also, an HM tip. Rock Smash and Rock Climb both should be learnable by at least one pokemon before you're able to give your pokemon their final movesets. So yeah, just make sure you don't have all your pokemon mastered by the time you need to beat Mt. Coronet (not happening unless you level grind an extra three hours, lol). You'll need Rock Climb for Victory Road too, so yeah. If you do end up 100% needing a TM but your movesets are already finished, you can of course replace one of the moves that's supposed to be on the moveset. If you can get the move back via heart scale or a buyable TM, do so when you can, though.

Thanks for the movesets and tips. I'll be sure to remember to make my Glamoew learn Sucker Punch. HMs won't be a problem either, nothing a few heart scales won't fix. :)

Yeah, I forgot to update twice, woops. Pretty big update for today because of that.

After I finished Elesa, I worked my way through Clay's gym (after more of Team Plasma's bigotry, 'course), and Trapinch finally evolved and lost it's epic attack power until 10 levels later. =/ But, Levitate carried me through the gym. Even Clay's Excadrill couldn't get at Vibrava since it had evolved, which drastically increased it's speed. Even if I didn't OHKO with EQ (I certainly did), there's no way Excadrill was going to OHKO me in retaliation with Metal Claw. A piece of cake for the Quake Badge.

Fluffy (Storm... -_-') stopped being horrendously hard to level up, although it's no speed demon. So my team's starting to get up there in levels. The Plasma fools didn't stand a chance in Chargestone cave of course, and on to battle Skyla I went. Fluffy solo'd it alone since Vibrava hadn't evolved and gotten a good not-ground STAB yet, while it had Fly. The gym trainers got 'em up a few levels, and Skyla was, again, easy. Fly OHKO'd all three of her pokes, and the Jet Badge was child's play to get.

Off to Icirrus city, and Vibrava evolved along the way. With Dragon Claw in tow, I've now got dual physical STAB, so Flygon is hittin' hard. ... Sort of. Even though both my pokes are 4x weak to Ice, Dragon Claw OHKO'd the entire gym trainer roster. Brycen himself wasn't much harder. His Beartic survived a D-claw and OHKO'd back with Icicle Crash (Flygon's first getting KO'd in a gym for the entire game... D=), but Fluffy's Fly finished off it and the Cryogonal he sent out afterwards. The Freeze badge was the hardest since Gym 2, really. And it wasn't even hard, lol.

FURTHER Plasma annoyances, and off to Dragonspiral Tower. As soon as I entered, I began the hunt for my next and last dragon; Druddigon. And let me tell you; IT ****ING SUCKED ARGHRAGEQUITNAO! D=< I wanted to get a seriously good Druddigon, since the other two pokes I have aren't impressive statwise, and Altaria just sucks. Fluffy can piss off, it ain't no dragon in my book. =/ So, my mission was to catch six and check from there.

The first one, I aerial ace'd with Fluffy; it was over half it's HP, and that was it's weakest move. **** it, I ran away since Flygon would just do more damage, I wasn't catching it. Next Druddigon, Fly crits. Why, game... why? I rarely crit, even when I previously gave Fluffy a scope lens around Gym 5, and now? When I'm trying to ****ing catch something? Dick. Thanks for spiting me.

I then proceed to catch two Druddigons. I'd be more than half way there if it wasn't for ****, but whatever.

AND THEN ANOTHER ONE DIES FROM A ****ING CRIT! ARGH! Why does the game hate me all of a sudden?!

So I proceed to catch another Druddigon. Half way there, I'd be done by now if it wasn't for hax, ugh. And then I crit another Druddigon with Fly.

Rage. Raaaaaage. I wanted to smash this game card, and send the fragments into the highest volcano in middle-earth. Ugh. But no, I continue. Even though Druddigon should be showing up nearly half the time, it's only appearing every one Mienshao and seven ****ing Golett's. Apparently this thing's more rare than a god-damn Dratini. I've been spending all this time just to miss catching three Druddigon via bullshit, and waste time walking around seeing ugly ****in' ghost robots. I just want to catch my god damned Druddigon. =/

So, I do catch another one, and I'm just one short. Finally, I can stop this utter bullsh--

"A Critical Hit"

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!? Dx I HAD ENOUGH OF A SHITTY ****ING EXPERIENCE WITH A CERTAIN DRAGON LAST GENERATION! D:< **** this ****, I'm done. I'm taking one of these five and going. I don't care anymore... Rage quit.

Is what I thought. And I thought right. The last Druddigon I caught was Adamant, and had Sheer Force (the only one without Rough Skin, none the less...). It had a 10~ for it's attack IV, but I don't care. I've had enough. **** this ****, I'm moving on. Ugh...

Attempting to set aside my endless anger, I can finally proceed with the ****in' storyline. I take my anger out on Plasma, and my Druddigon quickly grows in levels thanks to the vitamins I've saved up, a Lucky Egg, and being a good poke in general. Slow or not. Storyline with N getting Zekrom happens, and I save there.

Worst gaming session since Wayward Cave ever. ****ING EVER!

Last edited:
^^^ see what happens when you make fun of the fluff ball? it haunts your dreams. instead of counting sheep tonight, youll be counting swablu >:D lmao

^^^ see what happens when you make fun of the fluff ball? it haunts your dreams. instead of counting sheep tonight, youll be counting swablu >:D lmao

A different dragon was the source of my problems this time, Storm. =/

I'll curse out the bird hat all I want. -.-; That erratic EXP piece of **** was enough. Then the game has to go an troll me with ****ing Druddigons. Ugh.

I'll still be counting Whimsicotts tonight.~♪

A different dragon was the source of my problems this time, Storm. =/

I'll curse out the bird hat all I want. -.-; That erratic EXP piece of **** was enough. Then the game has to go an troll me with ****ing Druddigons. Ugh.

I'll still be counting Whimsicotts tonight.~♪

I'm surprised you won't be counting Stunfisks.

I'm surprised you won't be counting Stunfisks.

Did you really have to bring up that ugly sonuvabitch unprovoked? .-. I'll be counting how many of those dickshits I've noodled and fried though, yeah. But don't tell Nick, he might cry.

So, ive decided im going to get it on this. Boredom finally got the best of me. lol. Gonna do the Scrambled pokes and Scrambled moveset challenges. CK, Rocker, get to pickin, i wanna get started on this asap.

Scrambled pokes and Scrambled moveset challenges..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Take your ****ing Altaria back and shove it, bro. REVENGE SHALL BE MINE! >=D

Good to have ya on the thread, Storm. But, you aren't stating how many pokemon your team will have (determines how many pokes each poster gives ya), or which version you're playing. Specify these, yeah?

playing pkmn black. and gonna do 4 pokes with 2 hm slaves. bring it CK lol

playing pkmn black. and gonna do 4 pokes with 2 hm slaves. bring it CK lol

You will feel my abyssal despair, my untold rage.

Altaria's Moveset:

Dragon Pulse (TM/Lvl) STAB. Simple as that.
Sing (Lvl) This thing's useless unless highly overleveled, or a dick with status. Have fun spamming Sing like I had to for it to succeed. =/
Cotton Guard (Lvl) Since it's defenses are **** and Sing's accuracy sucks, this helps it put to sleep steel types it can't handle by taking hits relatively well while attempting to sleep something.
Solar Beam (TM) Kills bulky waters and Rock/Ground types Altaria can handle by avoiding their ground moves. You get this TM in Pinwheel forest, around where you catch Verizion.

Enjoy your hat bird as much as I did, Storm; which is to say, know how much this thing tormented me... x( Why couldn't you of given me Kingdra or something. :lol:

THREE MORE POSTERS NEEDED, GET TO IT!

you can pick 2 pokes CK. you pick two, and Rocker picks two.

What, you think Nick and Red_Link won't show up? :lol: Too early to call that. Nick still shows up every day, sometimes multiple times. Just VM 'em and he'll give ya a poke. Link shows up pretty often too, he's not about to just up and leave on us.

But if you don't get your pokes by the day after tomorrow's evening, I'll fill in at least one slot for ya.

So just one poke, J. =P

I'll have fun with this if you don't mind. :)I think bug pokemon are fun to work with, so I pick Pinsir for you Storm! I hope SSBfreakCK will provide it for you, as I am unable to trade you Pokemon. Anyway here is the moveset: Swords Dance, X-Scissor (best stab Pinsir can get), Superpower, and Thrash. I hope you like it, it should work fine. By the way, they are all learnt by level-up, since you didn't say anything about TMs.

Now for for my challenge update!

I have been very busy for the last few days, so not much progress. :( However, I did level up all four of my level one Pokes to level twelve, except for Spinda, who decided to stop listening to me at eleven. Oh well... The only other thing I managed to do was beat the first gym. You know, the rock one, which I had to beat with normal pokemon. I have to say, it was fun. In the end, my Tauros was the star, as he built up a lot of rage, to eventually KO most of his pokemon. Everything else just came down to hit after hit after hit. So I won, the only real trouble being he sometimes used potions to heal the pokemon I finally got to the red with billions of tackles... Well, that's it for today! Hopefully this next week I will be free enough to really crack down.

Hah, what'd I tell ya, Storm? Link even showed up before J. :lol:

I have been very busy for the last few days, so not much progress. :( However, I did level up all four of my level one Pokes to level twelve, except for Spinda, who decided to stop listening to me at eleven. Oh well... The only other thing I managed to do was beat the first gym. You know, the rock one, which I had to beat with normal pokemon. I have to say, it was fun. In the end, my Tauros was the star, as he built up a lot of rage, to eventually KO most of his pokemon. Everything else just came down to hit after hit after hit. So I won, the only real trouble being he sometimes used potions to heal the pokemon I finally got to the red with billions of tackles... Well, that's it for today! Hopefully this next week I will be free enough to really crack down.

What'd I tell ya about that Spinda, Link? :p

Nicely done getting past Roark with just normal types. I knew Tauros was going to come in handy for ya, although I can't say I expected Rage to be of use. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back