The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Pokemon Soul Silver Unevolved Challenge, usual HG/SS Geodude Stomp
I started the game by picking Chikorita, because it needs some love and I think it could be very effective with the stalling/annoying move set. I named it Salade and caught a Geodude, which I called Johnson in honor of the brave warrior who helped me through my combined Nuzlocke. After getting it to learn Rock Throw I continued with the story and quickly defeated Falkner with the Geodude way. On my way to the next gym I caught an Ekans for intimidate and named it Natter (the name, from which the German name (Rettan) comes from). Bugsy's gym was another stomp with Johnson and the rival didn't have it much better. Then later for Whitney I started with Salad and a Reflect before switching to Johnson and setting up with 2 Rock Polish and then just using Rollout. After getting my badge I got the free Spearow on the route above Goldenrod City.

Pokemon:

Salad (Chikorita) lvl 21 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Johnson (Geodude) lvl 23 with Sturdy and Hardy nature ()
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rollout
-Rock Polish

Kenya (Spearow) lvl 20 wih Keen Eye and Hasty nature (Grass Mail)
-Leer
-Fury Attack
-Pursuit
-Aerial Ace

Natter (Ekans) with Intimidate

Next part
I mostly trained Kenya on my way to the next gym, because it's my best bet here. I didn't manage to do it the first time, because I didn't think about crits, but they happen... I lead with my by then lvl 27 Kenya and started with Pursuit. He healed after that and I used that turn to speed up with Agility and then took it out with Pursuit and his curse. I used 2 Pursuits to take out his next Haunter and luckily he missed his Hypnosis, so I only took Curse damage. After that I switched to my slave to heal Kenya and then sent in Salad to put up a Reflect. After I lost Salat, too I sent Kenya back in and played the Agility game until Gengar was out of Sucker Punch. Then I took out his last Haunter with Aerial Ace (took me long to notice that it will deal more damage...) while he just used Mean Look.

Salad (Chikorita) lvl 23 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Johnson (Geodude) lvl 24 with Sturdy and Hardy nature ()
-Tackle
-Magnitude
-Rollout
-Rock Polish

Kenya (Spearow) lvl 20 wih Keen Eye and Hasty nature (Grass Mail)
-Mirror Move (thought it could be useful with Hypnosis, but the accuracy on that is just too low for players... should have kept Leer)
-Agility
-Pursuit
-Aerial Ace

Last edited:
I started the game by picking Chikorita, because it needs some love

^

I sent Kenya back in and played the Agility game until Gengar was out of Sucker Punch.

loooooooooooooooool

I cheesed Morty the same way in one'a my previous Challenges; sent out a Normal-type and PP stalled (I think it was an Unevolved Challenge...). Wouldn't of won otherwise.

This challenge is kinda driving me crazy... I'm on my way to Cinnawood City for the 3rd time and then let one of my Pokemon evolve...

On one of my earlier Unevolved Challenges, I kept doin' the same thing... was gettin' really annoyed with myself lol.

herpderpactivity

Gonna be doin' a Harmonia Challenge for Y. 'Bout time I added it officially to the Challenge list, but I don't intend to 'fore testing it in XY. First update will be edited in, following ones will be multi-posts. plz someone prevent the multiposts ;_;

I'm here for you!!!
Pokemon Soul Silver Unevolved Challenge
It's been a while since I did the first part of this. Chuck was next, but he wasn't a big deal. For Primeape I used Kenya with Arial Ace and for the Poliwrath I used Salad first, but I think it lost in the end, so Kenya had to finish the job again. When I went to Sabrina I had no chance against Steelix, because it was faster than most of my Pokemon and a Rock Polish Johnson didn't get close to 1hko'ing it, bceause it was 8 levels higher, so I first went to do the Team Rocket hide out to train it. By the end of it Johnson was lvl 36 ( 1 higher than Steelix) and learned Earthquake. With Rock Polish it was able to outspeed Steelix, but still no 1hko, so I switched to Luna to weaken Steelix defense (a Meowth I caught before the 5th gym) with Screech and then to Natter to weaken the attack and get to heal my Geodude. Then I switched in Salad for Reflect and one Magical Leaf before it got knocked out, so I can finally defeat Steelix with Johnson... and yeah all of that was necessary (maybe not the defense drop).

Salad (Chikorita) lvl 29 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Synthesis
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Johnson (Geodude) lvl 36 with Sturdy and Hardy nature ()
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Kenya (Spearow) lvl 33 wih Keen Eye and Hasty nature (Grass Mail)
-Fly
-Agility
-Assurance
-Aerial Ace

Luna (Meowth) lvl 20 with Pick Up and Modest nature ()
-Screech
-Bite
-Fake Out
-Furry Swipes

It does this weird thing again, where it keeps adding the spoiler, even though I removed it a thousand times...

While I'm at it...
Pokemon Soul Silver Unevolved Challenge
My team was pretty bad for Prryce, because all fighting Pokemon I had have a weakness to ice. I trained Salad a little bit, because I wanted the Light Screen and then took on the challenge. I lead with Salad and set up a Light Screen while he only did a little damage and slowed me. I baited him into healing his Seal and Resting once, so I can have a safe switch into Johnson. I boosted speed for 2 rounds (The AI uses Snore in the round it awakes ^^) and then defeated it with Earthquake. For Dewgong I used Rock Blast, but it didn't quite kill it, but I had the Light Screen up, so Johnson survived one attack and then I got it with Earthquake. On Piloswine I got a lucky crit, but it still wasn't quite enough to kill it, so I lost Johnson and Salad, because I thought it could outspeed it. I then send in Kenya to finish with a Fly.
Salad (Chikorita) lvl 33 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Johnson (Geodude) lvl 38 with Sturdy and Hardy nature ()
-Double-Edge
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Kenya (Spearow) lvl 33 wih Keen Eye and Hasty nature (Grass Mail)
-Fly
-Agility
-Assurance
-Aerial Ace

Luna (Meowth) lvl 20 with Pick Up and Modest nature ()
-Screech
-Bite
-Fake Out
-Furry Swipes

Last edited:
Could I drop the no item part of my X no item, single, scramble, unevolved, moveset challenge? I've been thinking about this for a while and decided I don't want to do the no item part

Pokemon Soul Silver unevolved challenge
I quickly solved the Team Rocket issue before I did some preparations for the upcoming fight with Clair. Sadly Johnson just didn't quite cut it anymore, so I benched him and brought in BigSister, which is a Graveler that I caught and trained to lvl 40. I also planed to get the Safari Zone and catch a Houndour and maybe some other useful Pokemon, but decoration only is available after the national dex, so I had to settle with Magmar instead. While doing all that Mom finally bought me the choice scard that I was waiting for all the time, which will be the main item for BigSister, so it hopefully can outspeed the Dragonairs. I bought some healing items, Thunder, Firestorm, Blizzard, Reflect, and Protect and taught Thunder to Luna along with giving her the Choice Specs as measurement for the Gyrados.
In the fight I lead with Luna, who wasn't faster than Gyrados, but survived the Dragonpulse (I really don't understand Clair...) and even paralyzed it, so I can take it out on the next round. For the first Dragonair I send in BigSister and took it out with 2 Earthquakes. When she switched in Kingdra I used Salad to set up a Light Screen and then poison it to just stall it out, but I had to sacrifice Natter to revive Salad, because Smoke Screen is a *****. For her last Dragonair I send in the fully healed BigSister and did the same thing again.
Salad (Chikorita) lvl 43 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Luna (Meowth) lvl 34 with Pick Up and Modest nature ()
-Screech
-Bite
-Taunt
-Thunder

Magmar (Magmar) lvl 22 with Flame Body and Naive nature (Exp.Share)
-Leer
-Ember
-SmokeScreen
-Faint Attack

BigSister (Graveler) lvl 40 with Sturdy and Hasty nature (Choice Scarf)
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion
-Rollout

Benched Pokemon:
Johnson (Geodude), Kenya (Spearow)

I hate the Kimono Girls... The only really hard part in the game

Pokemon Soul Silver unevolved challenge
I trained Magmar, so it can catch up to the others. With my whole team on level 40 I tried the Kimono Girls for the first time and got defeated by an Espeon triple crit on Psychic (0,005% chance if my math is correct...). On the second turn I lead with Magmar again and took out Umbreon with 2 Lava Plumes leaving me at orange health. I used Confuse Ray first and switched to BigSister after it hit itself and then took it out with Rockblast. For Flareon I intimately switched to BigSister to take the Fire Blast (which missed) and then take it out with Earthquake. The same thing worked for Jolteon. For Vaporeon I tried Confuse Ray again, but this time I lost Magmar and it even snapped out of it in the next round. Since Aurorabeam would have been a 2hko I only got to set up a Lightscreen with Salad before I had to switch it out to a Krabby to tank the attacks while I heal Salad. Once it fainted I got back to Salad which used its one turn (Lightscreen wore off...) to poison Vaporeon and then I switched to BigSister to take it out with an Explosion.

Pokemon:
Salad (Chikorita) lvl43 with Overgrow and Rash nature (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder

Luna (Meowth) lvl 35 with pick up and Modest nature (Exp. Share)
-Screech
-Bite
-Taunt
-Thunder

Magmar (Magmar) lvl 40 with Flame Body and Naive nature (Choice Specs)
-Confuse Ray
-Lava Plume
-Fire Punch
-Faint Attack

BigSister (Graveler) lvl 40 with Sturdy and Hasty nature (Choice Scarf)
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion
-Rollout

assist/healing slaves: Kenya (Spearow), Money!!! (Krabby)

benched: Natter(Ekans), Johnson (Geodude)

Last edited:
SAPPHIRE HARMONIA UPDATE

So after starting again after what seems like forever, I caught a Magikarp on route 127, just south of Mossdeep city. I promptly evolved it into a Gyarados, not wanting this challenge to be too easy. I then proceeded to catch a level 30 Clamperl in the underwater part of route 126. I then started going through the Seafloor Cavern, somehow managing to beat all the Aqua Grunts and Admin Shelly with my lv. 31 Gyarados and lv. 30 Clamperl (mostly Gyarados though).
I entered the battle with Archie, not expecting to win and definitely not expecting my Gyarados (who was ~10 levels below his pokes) to sweep his team after getting lucky with 2 Swaggers from Archie's Mightyena. But that is indeed what happened!
Once I beat Archie, the rest of this segment was super easy. I surfed to Sootopolis, found Kyogre and threw my Master Ball. I taught it Shock Wave, then destroyed Wallace's gym with it, scoring myself the 8th and final badge in Hoenn, the Rain Badge!

Also:

Could I drop the no item part of my X no item, single, scramble, unevolved, moveset challenge? I've been thinking about this for a while and decided I don't want to do the no item part

Last edited:
I did all of this some night in bed, so here's only the general game plan
I caught Chinchou, because it has a pretty good attack pool for me and finally is a solution to the last guy in the e4 and the champ, since I couldn't get Blizzard on anything else and it learns Signal Beam and handily learns waterfall. So I trained my Lux (Chonchou) on level 42 for Hydropump and went in with Lux (choice specs), BigSister, Magmar (char coal), and Salad (myracle seed)as my fighters. Rival was pretty easy. The first guy (Psychic) was mostly defeated by Lux and then brute force for the rest of his Pokemon. For Koga I had BigSister and my Magmar, but had to sacrifice quite a lot of my Pokemon for healing. For Bruno I couldn't do anything but to use the strongest attacks possible and hope it kills them, but lost most of my team during that. For the last guy I gave Lux all of my rare candies to raise it to level 49. Umbreon was taken out with some Signal Beams and then I just took out the others with the Pokemon best suited for it. Houndoom caused a lot of problems, because Hydropump didn't hit and it knocked out everything with one hit, so I ended up using 4 Pokemon to revive Lux (poor things...). After I finaly won I gave Lux Blizzard for Hydro Pump and the Choice Scarf. Gyrados died to one Discharge and then I stalled the strongest Dragonite to get confused and hoped it would hit itself, so Chinchou has 1 more turn for the Blizazrd to hit. After that was taken care of nothing could hurt my Chinchou and I only had to reswitch it in once to remove the attack lock. I did the gym leaders in Kanto in no particular order and only left Sabrina for last. Those were pretty easy fights thanks to Lux's typing and the Blizzard for the grass gym. For Sabrina I caught Snorlax for the Simsala and just slowly killed it. Now I'm standing in front of Blue and try to think of something for the pesky Machamp

Pokemon:

Lux (Chinchou) lvl 57 with serious nature and Volt Absorb (Choice Scarf)
-Surf
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Blizzard
-ridiculously low stats

Magmar (Magmar) lvl 46 with naive nature and Flame Body (Charcoal)
-Confuse Ray
-Flamethrower
-[STRIKE]Firestorm (finisher for Machamp if I can outspeed it)[/STRIKE] Overheat
-Faint Attack

BigSister (Graveler) lvl 44 with Hasty nature and Sturdy (Focus Sash)
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion (Probably will use this for the Machamp)
-Rollout

Salad (Chikorita) lvl 45 with rash nature and Overgrow (Miracle Seed)
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Magical Leaf
-Poison Powder (another Machamp option)

Snorlax (Snorlax) lvl 50 with bashful nature and Thick Fat (Chople Berry to lower fighting attacks)
-Strenght
-Rollout
-Crunch
-Giga Impact (another thing just for Machamp)

So basically my team is all for Machamp and the rest is left to Lux.

For Exeggutor I used Magmar and killed it with Overheat before it could do anything. Switched in to Lux with Surf for the Rhydon and then to Snorlax for Machamp. It survived the Dynamic Punch, but got confused and Machamp took it out with Stone Edge, but luckily one Explosion by BigSister also was enough (sorry, girl). For Gyrados I needed 2 Discharges, but it only used Dragondance or got healed, so no damage here. Arcanine also survived a Surf and then took me out with a Flarblitz crit and it didn't even die by the recoil with red hp.... I tried to kill it with Magmar and Overheat, but it got healed and then Magmar died to Flare Blitz/Extreme Speed. I then used my Kenya's turns to heal Lux and after Lux just barely survived Flare Blitz/Extreme Speed with 2 hp (justice) I killed it. Then for the Pidgeot I swithced in Salad to heal Lux again. I got a paralyze, which I really needed, because Lux dies in 2 hits, but needs 3 htis to defeat Pidgeot, so I had to heal it up until Pidgeot got paralyzed (6 turns... I hate npcs) then I revived BigSister just to be sure and went for the healing again (another 6 turns... probably could have made it with the first paralyze, but I didn't want to retry), so after I got that paralyze it used Whirwind and after BigSister fainted, because it missed Rock Blast I switched back to Lux and just finished it. Thanks Sitrus Berry for taking Pidgeot out of Full Restore range. The End

And because I can't find my black 2 and I don't have anything better to do I'll start a no item challenge on Pokémon[STRIKE] Pearl[/STRIKE] Platinum...

Pokemon Platinum no item challenge:
I started with Chimchar, because I mostly started with Turtwig, but it gets boring and I don't want Piplup. I lost to the first teenager as I tend to do in these challenges... and then after I got my revenge I caught Shinx as my next team member. For the first gym I evolved Chimchar to get the Mach Punch and then just spammed to win. Then after saving the power plant I caught the Driftloon, but I dropped it in Hearthome City, because it has a pretty bad movepool without TMs (this part of the challenge is way worse than the no healing part). It got some use in the second gym though, where I had a pretty easy time with Monferno and Driftloon. Then after going through the mountain I caught Ralts and Roselia as my next team members. I had pretty bad luck with my natures, so I decided to recatch them both. And after 3 cycles of really bad natures I got good ones. Now I'm grinding a bit for the next gym and to get all of Pokemon on a somewhat equal level.

Monferno lvl 28 with Gentle nature and Blaze
-Mach Punch
-Leer
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Roselia lvl 19 with Modest nature and Poison Point
-Stun Spore
-Mega Drain
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf

Luxio lvl 24 with Docile nature and Intimidate
-Bite
-Leer
-Charge
-Spark

Ralts vl 17 with Naive nature and Synchronize
-Confusion
-Double Team
-Teleport
-Lucky Chant

I just trained up Luxio to level 25 and kept the rest for the way. For Fantina I started with Luxio and just bit the Duskul and luckily it missed the Wil O Wisp, so my next Bite took it out without any damage to me. For Haunter I switched in Monferno to use Taunt to stop it from doing this annoying Hypnosis thing ghost leaders like to pull off. It only used Shadow Claw and I took it out with 2 Flame Wheels. For Mismagius I sent in Luxio again, but after just one Bite it got taken out with one Psy Beam, so Monferno had to finish this one, too. For the rival I mostly just spammed Spark on Luxio, but Priplup barely survived the second one, so Monferno had to defeat it and then I defeated Roselia with Flame Wheel.
On my way to the next gym I evolved Ralts and got it to lvl 27 while in the gym. For her Meditite I used my Luxio with spark to take it out and then switched to Kirlia for Machoke, but Kirlia went down with Machoke left with red hp. She didn't heal, because this is kinda her thing, so Monferno took it out with Mach Punch and then took care of Lucario with Flame Wheel. Then I trained Kirlia to level 31 before evolvong, so I could get Psychic a little bit earlier and got my whole team to ~lvl30 When I made it to the 5th gym I went in with a half dead team, because I just wanted to defeat the trainer inside, but forgot about the rival and finaly lost to his last Pokemon... I walked the whole way back, but this time I healed before the fight, so it was no problem. Luxray took out Staravia with Spark and when he switched in Ponyta I boosted Gardevoir with 2 Double Team and 4 times Calm Mind and just swept with Psychic (I'm so sorry for the Double Team, but the game does the same thing, so it's time to get revenge... also every Pokemon kinda lacks moves without tms). Mostly I didn't have any problems with the gym leader, but Floatzel was too tough for me, so I'll get another 1 or 2 levels and try again. I got my Luxray to 35, but left the rest where it is, since I finaly though of a good strategy (bloody but good... poor Pokemon of mine). I also went back to catch Buneary, becuse I felt liek trying it once. For Gyrados I just used Luxray, which survived with red hp, so I switched to Roselia, since he will switch into Quagisre. That was a one shot and I switched back into Luxray for Floatzel, just to get the intimidate. Then I switched to my HM sclave, Bibarel and let it faint, so Luxray could get another intimidate on Floatzel. I substituted it with Roselia to take the Brine and wanted to attack, but the Ice Fang froze it and I couldn't get an attack off, so Luxray came in once again and Floatzel with a Spark and the help of the poison by Roselias Poison Point. Then thanks to damage range I took out the Gyrados in one hit after he healed it.

Monferno lvl 31 with Gentle nature and Blaze
-Mach Punch
-Leer
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Roselia lvl 34 with Modest nature and Poison Point
-Toxic Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf

Luxray lvl 35 with Docile nature and Intimidate
-Bite
-Leer
-Thunder Fang (which is weaker than I thought...)
-Spark

Gardevoir lvl 31 with Naive nature and Synchronize
-Psychic
-Double Team
-Calm Mind
-Magical Leaf

Buneary lvl 20 with Lonely nature and Klutz (tried to get it with Runaway, because it turns into a pretty good ability when it evolves, but I stopped trying after I caught 6 of them... At least it's not bad in this challenge)
-Defense Curl
-Quick Attack
-Endure
-Frustration

But wait! There's more.
I caught a new Buneary and evolved as early as possible to get Return on level 13 and not Frustration (I just walked back and forth for a couple thousand steps to get the affection on the highest level). I also trained my Pokemon a bit more (Why do I always choose the grindy way with 4 or more Pokemon...) to get them on a decent level for the next rival battle and the gym. For the Rival I lead with Luxray again to defeat Staraptor in 2 attacks and then switched to my Infernape to take care of Rapidash. For Heracros I used Gardevoir that survived the Night Slash and then just 1hko'ed it with Psychic. Then it was just Infernape with one Close Combat for Empoleon and a Flame Wheel for Roserade. For the gym I lead with Infernape to take out Magneton with 2 Flame Wheel and then switched to Lopunny to weaken Steelix with Jump Kick, but it missed, so it went down without doing anything. Then I switched to Roselia to put a Leech Seed on it and one Giga Drain, before leaving the rest to Gardevoir. I also tried Gardevoir on Bastiodon, but that was useless, so Infernape finished it with Close Combat and a probably unnecessary crit. Then I leveled Roselia up to level 40 for Pedal Dance and evolved it with the shiny stone you find on the Iron Island.

Infernape lvl 38 with Gentle nature and Blaze
-Mach Punch
-Close Combat
-Flame Wheel
-Taunt

Roserade lvl 40 with Modest nature and Poison Point
-Toxic Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Pedal Dance

Luxray lvl 37 with Docile nature and Intimidate
-Bite
-Leer
-Thunder Fang (which is weaker than I thought...)
-Spark

Gardevoir lvl 34 with Naive nature and Synchronize
-Psychic
-Double Team
-Calm Mind
-Magical Leaf

Lopunny lvl 35 with Lonely nature and Klutz
-Agility
-Quick Attack
-Jump Kick
-Return

They keep on coming (yeah I'm playing Pokemon at 4:10 AM)
The Galactic guys were n problem at all and so was the seventh gym. Infernape, which by then was level 43, out sped everything and got a 1hko on everything. The Froslass was faster than me though and survived a hit, but because it only used Double Team and didn't defeat me with the one Psychic Infernape was able to sweep.

Last edited:
My recently issued Harmonia is now on indefinite hold, as the main reason for it was so I could get Y-exclusive Mega stones... which I've no longer a need t' get. I'll pick it back up the day I do need said mega stones.

I tried the Kimono Girls for the first time and got defeated by an Espeon triple crit on Psychic

lolhax

I caught a Magikarp

Goin' in my sig.

I promptly evolved it into a Gyarados

nevermind

Aye, you're free t' drop the No Item part'a your Challenge.

I think the Karp's internet died again or something... already had that before

Nah, I just took an unscheduled hiatus. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.

I caught Snorlax

not a pokemon compatible with an unevolved challenge lawl

Congrats on the Challenge completion regardless. We all make derps when we're tired, and I won't invalidate your challenge because'a that. Though I will hold ya morally accountable.

Pokemon Platinum no item challenge:

uber-late challenge accepted

Back