there has been alot of banns here hasnt there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to tell when one is being sarcastic on a forum..

Syntax said:
I find it hard to tell when one is being sarcastic on a forum..
Do you mean me? lol

For the record I was being serious. That wasn't fair I'm struggling to find a reason for aussiewii getting banned. And besides - if someone is banned the mods should give us a reason why a person was banned as a rule..

I don't mean you. I meant SSBB_lover. And yes I believe his ban was unnecessary.

All problems could be solved on these forums if there were different sections where children / teens / adults could post.

Personally, I can't read half the posts here as the language used is so poor that I wonder what the world is coming to - maybe I'm just getting old. People get pissed off because of the different maturity levels that are expressed.

Maybe I'm alone in this feeling, but I do feel it is the root of all problems here.

Spam-1.png

Haz said:
All problems could be solved on these forums if there were different sections where children / teens / adults could post.

Personally, I can't read half the posts here as the language used is so poor that I wonder what the world is coming to - maybe I'm just getting old. People get pissed off because of the different maturity levels that are expressed.

Maybe I'm alone in this feeling, but I do feel it is the root of all problems here.

Yes, it is. It is just too hard to determine who gets permissions to where. Age doesn't work. Rep definitely doesn't work. The mods and admin would have to handpick through 20,000 + members.

I find it hard to read many posts aswell, however I am happy to see that many members (new ones included) are adapting to the good grammar and are posting in a neat and mature way. I don't understand why some members refuse to use good grammer, I mean, will it kill them to add a period or a comma to their post?

Last edited:
Arg.... It's a case of the hypocritical grammar god!!! I am all for correct grammar and spelling. But when I yell at someone, I triple check my post for errors.

there -> their

grammer -> grammar

what -> why

comma after "I mean"

Oh, no, I'm talking about major stuff, not simple typos. Look at it this way - you could still read my post without any difficulty, right? What I'm saying is that there have been far worse posts were reading it is close to impossible.

FR. said:
Oh, no, I'm talking about major stuff, not simple typos. Look at it this way - you could still read my post without any difficulty, right? What I'm saying is that there have been far worse posts were reading it is close to impossible.
Meh, it's a worthless cause. They'll never learn. Most of the new members are either 20-40 something year olds who are cool and all, but never get on. Then there are the 12 year olds who are going into that phase where you don't listen to other people's opinions cause "i'm always right", puberty, gaining testosterone, etc., but those kids are always on.

It's an unavoidable damnation I tell you. >.>

Wonder what !on is thinking ??? :lol:

Perhaps he has created a monster :ihih:

I also would like public confirmation as to why Aussie was banned, if you read through the whole thread (as I did) he did nothing that was against the rules.

?????????????

Mods have to be accountable and i think in this case they have not been. :wink:

I can understand completely. I disagree with the ban as well. This forum has seen a HUGE surge in stupid n00bs who don't know and don't want to learn forum etiquette. Him fighting with her just put her over the edge. The 2 days are up anyways. It's harder than you think to be cleaning up people's messes and being yelled at for it. (not talking about this guy directly)

Brawny said:
Him fighting with her just put her over the edge. The 2 days are up anyways. It's harder than you think to be cleaning up people's messes and being yelled at for it. (not talking about this guy directly)
No-one made her become a mod. So the thing about cleaning up other peoples messes doesn't mean jack...
Also you think it would take a bit more than a few semi-cheeky posts to push a cop over the edge..? :eek:

for the record aussie wii was banned due to PRIOR things besides what he wrote here so for the record NONE of you know what went down except for what you read here.

2 days is nothing, get over it jeez :rolleyes:

this thread is done with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back