There should be a HOME for Wii

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
well with the home comming to the playstation 3 they should have a wiiware that is like HOME. They could have bulliten boards that have ads on it so they would be making money in the process.

Im kinda suprised they haven't mentioned plans to further there SIM type setup. We got as far as Mii's interacting with eachother "way before PS3 Home was started" now they just need to up it a notch and give us better online community for the Mii's to wander and play in.
I'm sure something is in the works like that already.

Mii's: Busting out anyone? ha ha

wezeles said:
Im kinda suprised they haven't mentioned plans to further there SIM type setup. We got as far as Mii's interacting with eachother "way before PS3 Home was started" now they just need to up it a notch and give us better online community for the Mii's to wander and play in.
I'm sure something is in the works like that already.

Mii's: Busting out anyone? ha ha
imagine that eh? there could be a community which could have wii games intergrated into them. for example, u are wandering about in the virtual city and u see a game of wii sports baseball going on. u join the game.

Unfortunately Iwata had say virtual world isn't really one if Big N concern atm. I've never heard of ps3 HOME so wouldn't know what that is but I think we're not gonna get much more of mii unfortunately. I really think that's a waste.. we only use them in like 3 or 4 games now.. if Big N really make a community out of the mii channel it'd sky rocket :3 but then again they actually removed the NPower forum so that lowers my expectation even more.

Actually. I thought of this years ago. When the Wii was first announced as "Revolution".
I was gonna send Nintendo a letter with all the ideas but then Nintendo told me they were not allowed to take gameplay ideas from the general public. You have to be employed by Nintendo to give ANY game ideas or input.

My idea was a little different though.

I don't know much about Home so my idea may be in another league, but I figure Home should be similar. My idea was sorta like a dating sim. Where you could meet and chat with people and make friends or even have a "virtual girlfriend". I wanted to make the game be placed in a mini city environment. With a nightclub being the center of the game. I thought this would be a cool and interactive way to meet friends and later play online games with them.
The point was mainly to build a Wii online community. It would have been easy to find people who have the same interests as you. You can then invite them to a game of Wii bowling or simply spill a martini on a girls dress. Anything was possible.

I put so much thought into this game only to be turned down by nintendo.

Last edited:
Douten said:
I think we're not gonna get much more of mii unfortunately. I really think that's a waste.. we only use them in like 3 or 4 games now..

When Nintendo first anounced the Mii I thought it was gonna be HUGE!!!
I could only imagine my face on so many games!! And when EA announced MySims I thought BINGO!! A big Mii community. Unfortunately EA decided to make more work and create their own character models when they simply could have used user created Mii's.
It strikes me as odd how a lot of 3rd party developers are turned off by the Mii idea. I think the Mii idea is amazing. But unfortunately no one is taking advantage of it.
I really had hoped Mii's would be a secret character in Brawl. (Using the Wii remote as a weapon and other fanboy moves) but I don't think it happened. (IF IT DID PLEASE DONT TELL ME I AM AVOIDING BRAWL SPOILERS)
AND WHY THE HELL did Nintendo not make Wii Sports online?? With just this one little game,
Nintendo would have created an online community far greater than Xbox Live.

I really wondering what is the big deal with HOME at this point? I mean you meet up with friends on line to watch virtual movies? This is really becoming a gimmick to me and but hey if it takes off then good for them. I would like a version of quake as my HOME any way.

WiitnessID said:
I really wondering what is the big deal with HOME at this point? I mean you meet up with friends on line to watch virtual movies? This is really becoming a gimmick to me and but hey if it takes off then good for them. I would like a version of quake as my HOME any way.
gimmick... thats a word wii fans know for sure... yet still use it wrongly.

Sovieto said:
gimmick... thats a word wii fans know for sure... yet still use it wrongly.

Some thing not needed? Yep I don't think many people NEED Home. People Do need a Wii. I hope it does well but really why would I want to watch a movie virtually with friends? I mean why does that not sound very lame? Hey but maybe it's like animal crossing to people. The trophy and house sounds ok but the gamer tag for the xbox is much better. Now if they made HOME like a city with demos of games running or some thing then I could understand that but really I need to see more before I can say yes people will actually use this really if you are hyped about it then can you tell me why I want to be hyped about it too!

I can really see a future for an idea like this. It would definitely be good for online play and for interaction, and for finding out how many Wii users there are around.
Nintendo DOES need to start taking advice and ideas too, I mean, we are as smart as them anyway...

Lol Wiitness... You being a Wii only owner calling something a gimmick? Aren't you being hypocritical? So many times have I seen complaints of people getting mad that Wii's motion controls are called a gimmick but then you call PS HOME a gimmick... The Irony...

Anyway... I thought when Wii was first released that it would have something like HOME when I saw they had Mii's. I was disappointed when they didn't have anything like that. Then when I was PS was making it, I was thinking this is what Nintendo should have done.

T3kNi9e said:
Lol Wiitness... You being a Wii only owner calling something a gimmick? Aren't you being hypocritical? So many times have I seen complaints of people getting mad that Wii's motion controls are called a gimmick but then you call PS HOME a gimmick... The Irony... The Wii mote makes games fun to control and actually control better from my use this has a use.....

Anyway... I thought when Wii was first released that it would have something like HOME when I saw they had Mii's. I was disappointed when they didn't have anything like that. Then when I was PS was making it, I was thinking this is what Nintendo should have done.

LOL I never called the Wii a gimmick and I do own a PC that totally crushes any HD system you want to bring to the table. People call the Wii controls a gimmick because they have no value for them or either can't use them good. I've been calling the whole HD thing a gimmick for a while now because they haven't gone beyond just having good graphic yet.

So why do you want Home on the Wii this is what I want to know? It seems empty is it not. You have achievements and a house...LOL Yet what is it going to be used for? I heard it was going to be used to sell games too? So will you stand in line to buy them? Is it a virtual IM for gaming? Is that needed? The biggest question is do you think people will buy this system just to have HOME?

The purpose of Wii sports is to bring in gamers to try out the Wii controls. Mii are there to give new users a graphical interface for a name. This is used in game lots of times to do what the 1p and 2p could not do. No one can mistake their face as the other player...LOL

I see so many people gushing about this but whats the point? We have second life and the sims on PC so far, this would be like the sims go to the arcade... which seems to be a very limited experience. If it's not then let me know.

It seems other people thinks it's going to be away to see whos online... so this is basically a gamer notification with a graphical interface? Will it fix in game messaging? Will if fix in game invites. Is it voice enabled? Is this going to be SONY version of E3...LOL with lots of unwashed gamers roaming every where...LOL

Really what is it about this service that makes you so hype.

Last edited:
I think Nintendo doesn't allow ideas from the public in case of future lawsuits. You know how people are.

Anyways, maybe HOME will be a big disappointment and will just suck. As of right now we don't know.

Back