Trading my Xbox 360 for a Wii

If I had the cash to throw around, I would just grab the Nintendo Wii and hold onto the X-Box. Otherwise, here are my answers:

1. Myself and the wife will be using the Wii. She loves classic Nintendo games as well
2. I grew up on Nintendo systems, so I tend to favor puzzle, action/adventure RPG's and first person shooters (not as much as I used to, though).
3. The sensor controls are what interest me the most. i have a lot of fun when I play at my friends, and the idea of actually breaking a sweat while playing a video game is enthralling.
4. I do care about graphics, but I'm no longer OCD over it. My hardcore gamer days are passing me by, and I have a lot more fun playing the Wii than the Xbox.

I guess I want a more social gaming system, and the Wii seems to fit me the best...

you grew up on Nintendo.....did you skip the Gamecube????...

I'd love to say both if possible, Wii60 is my way.

if gta and gears of war isnt helping ur fixing then wii is perfect for ur needs. be warned not only does 360 offers much better graghics but online as well.

but if u want a family/party console wii is the way to go. but wii has plenty of titles that your whole family could enjoy and even some titles that u would enjoy. wii has a few fps(like call of duty:waw), free roam (scarface and godfather) and old school names (such as mario galaxy and zelda twilight princess) too.

selling ur consoles or games on gamestop wont get u much so i recommend selling it elsewhere.

The Xbox360 is the retarded version of the PC. PCs are so much better.

Anyways, for some social games here is a list. This is based on games I own.
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Fighting game)
-Wii Fit (Exercise Games)
-Wii Sports(Packaged)
-Mario Kart Wii (Kart Racing Game)
-Super Mario Galaxy(Co-op mode. Its also fun to watch people play this game)
-House of the Dead 2 & 3 (Arcade Rail Shooters)
-Ghost Squad (Arcade Rail Shooter)
-Metal Slug Anthology (Run and Shoot game. Has co-op. Really odd controls.)

Single Player Games
-Metroid Prime 3
-Super Mario Galaxy
-NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Link's Crossbow Training
-Super Paper Mario
-Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
-Resident Evil 4
-No More Heroes
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Battalion Wars 2
-Okami
-Bully: Scholarship Edition
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion
-Call of Duty: World at War

In no way am I saying one game is better than the other. It just comes down to personal taste.

I would also suggest getting the following.
-A second Wii Remote ($40)
-A second Nunchuck ($20)
-Rechargable Batteries (from brands such as Energizer or Duracell)

Here is some stuff for thought
-A Classic Controller to play Virtual Console Games ($20)
-If you like gamecube games, I would suggest getting a Wavebird and a memory card (Price varies)

Well if you truly are distancing yourself from gaming, then getting a Wii is a safe bet. It has casual titles that many people have enjoyed but it also has core games so if you sort of wanted to go back you could by playing games like Super Smash Bros. or Zelda Twilight Princess.

However, you may want to hold on to your 360. You say you need to sell your Wii to get money and that's fine, save up after that even and buy the 360 for $199.99. That way you don't miss out on those games that don't come out on Wii.

Hey all,

Obviously new to the forum, but I needed some expert opinions. I've owned an Xbox 360 for a little over a year now, and I seem to have hit a wall. I don't have enough money to buy games, and the games I have (GTA IV, Crackdown, Gears of War) are all 1-player vehicles. Even Madden is an unsatisfying play.

I tend to have a lot more fun playing video games with friends/the new wife. Gone are the days of sitting around in my underwear murdering aliens and skipping classes, so to speak.

In short, I'm thinking of trading all my games, the console, etc for 350 dollars in credits at Game Stop. I figure I could buy a Wii with an extra controller, maybe grab Mario Kart and possibly the Mario Baseball Game.

My friends have voiced concerns in terms of Wii's limited graphics and game selection. Should I take the Wii plunge?

Well, Wii might not have the best graphics but they are so much better than ps2 and xbox. Wait until you see Conduit's graphics! Graphics don't make a game fun. I played alot of games with excellent graphics but the gameplay sucked. The wii has alot of great games. Alot more than ps3 has. 360 does have the most games, but if you want to sell it, than wii is the best choice. the wii is the best console for party games and multiplayer games. Its fun. I did own all consoles at one time, but the wii is the best. Mario Kart is really fun by the way, probably the best racing game ever on any console!

Well, Wii might not have the best graphics but they are slightly better than ps2 and a tad worse than xbox.
Fixed.
Wait until you see Conduit's graphics! Graphics don't make a game fun
But they do help. I used to be just like you, thinking that graphics weren't important blah blah blah...

Until I got a 360. I got the 360 just to play Banjo Kazooie, but after I bought a few games and played them, all my opinions changed.
I bought No More Heroes to see if it was as good as people said, and it wasn't. The shitty blocky graphics ruined the game (as did the sub-par controls... "Swing, swing, swing, you win!!!")

Fixed.

But they do help. I used to be just like you, thinking that graphics weren't important blah blah blah...

Until I got a 360. I got the 360 just to play Banjo Kazooie, but after I bought a few games and played them, all my opinions changed.
I bought No More Heroes to see if it was as good as people said, and it wasn't. The shitty blocky graphics ruined the game (as did the sub-par controls... "Swing, swing, swing, you win!!!")

Well, I don't want the graphics to be terrible. I would like to see good looking graphics especially today. I never played No More Heroes, is it a bad game? the 360 is a great console but I traded it in for a reason. It just gave me problems. i hated that you had to pay for online gaming and the wireless adapter didn't work well for me which annoyed me because I spent 100 dollars on it. I prefer gameplay more, but your right, graphics do matter. I just think there not a big deal, I guess it depends. Does Banjo Kazooie have better looking graphics then the 64 version? I was wondering if they updated it. I'm still annoyed that it didn't come to Wii VC.

Wii was stronger than the PS2 and Xbox (go to Conduit thread in Wii Gaming and read the blog I shared with comparison videos).

Either way though what Rob said to an extent was true. I didn't care about graphics in the least but was impressed with the way that Brawl looked on Wii and other games on the console (Galaxy). Once I bought a 360 and started playing more games I saw that good visuals was the norm there and now I expect everything to match that, no matter the console.

I personally believe however that Wii is capable of much more, its whether the developers care to use it or not and lately with whats come out/coming out I've noticed they are starting to care more.

I would say go for it!!!! I love the 360, however if someone put a gun to my head and said "Give me one of these consoles or I'll shot" I would say "Take the XBOX" with little to no hesitation.

Fixed.

:nono:WOAH!!!!!!! :nono:This sounds like a post from someone who has never EVER!!!!! played No More Heroes. For one thing, you don't swing the Wiimote to attack, you press A. So if you "Swing,swing, swing" as you said, then Travis will stand there getting his *** kicked by everyone in the room. Also the game is not easy at all. You make it sound like the game is just a mindless beat em' up, but it is far from it. The enemies are challenging and many of the boss fights are extremely brutal. I'm not saying No More Heroes was perfect, but it was no where near as bad as you are making it out to be.

p.s. I refuse to believe that bad graphics can completly "ruin" a gaming experience. It's not possible.

*sorry bout the double post but I felt this was necessary*

:nono:WOAH!!!!!!! :nono:This sounds like a post from someone who has never EVER!!!!! played No More Heroes. For one thing, you don't swing the Wiimote to attack, you press A. So if you "Swing,swing, swing" as you said, then Travis will stand there getting his *** kicked by everyone in the room. Also the game is not easy at all. You make it sound like the game is just a mindless beat em' up, but it is far from it. The enemies are challenging and many of the boss fights are extremely brutal. I'm not saying No More Heroes was perfect, but it was no where near as bad as you are making it out to be.

p.s. I refuse to believe that bad graphics can completly "ruin" a gaming experience. It's not possible.

*sorry bout the double post but I felt this was necessary*

yea I agree, only technosexuals care about graphics. I still play fun games that have weak graphics. Its just a fu!@#$% game! The only reason why i bought a ps3 was because i thought the graphics were going to be the best, yes they are the best, but the games suck sh!@!. I only liked mgs 4. I'm glad i sold my ps3.

I personally believe however that Wii is capable of much more, its whether the developers care to use it or not and lately with whats come out/coming out I've noticed they are starting to care more.

Devs are definitely starting to care more. EA are saying that half of their emphasis will now be on the Wii, which may point to the Wii becoming the lead development platform in the future.

It probably shouldn't have been a big suprise what with big titles in Japan switching over to the Wii, such as FF4 and MH3.

Devs are definitely starting to care more. EA are saying that half of their emphasis will now be on the Wii, which may point to the Wii becoming the lead development platform in the future.

It probably shouldn't have been a big suprise what with big titles in Japan switching over to the Wii, such as FF4 and MH3.

True enough, 2009 especially is looking to be a good year for Wii. I was worried early on that quality titles would stop after 2 years of the Wii being out but its the complete opposite.

Understand that I have both a 360 and was one of the early (I'm talking Dec 26th of when the Wii was release) buyers. I have about 15 retail games for the Wii and maybe 20 for the 360. Multiple controllers for both.

Last I seriously even touched the Wii was back in JUNE. I play on the 360 just about every week. For a 39 year old family man who started gaming in the mid-70s, the Wii just doesn't cut it. It's fun for backyard projection screen gaming, but the games are just too stuck with the "early teen" mentality. Graphcs aren't an issue for me. Heck, I still play games on my Commodore PET and 64.

But I'm not into puzzle gaming and it seems like most N games are heavy in that aspect. I want to enjoy the 30 minutes I get to play and not racking my brain like I do at work.

I think one other things keeps the Wii at the lower end of my gaming time. The online multiplay support is horrid.

So, my suggestion is don't sell your 360. Keep it, save some money and buy a Wii. Maybe see if someone you know will let you borrow their's for a few weeks. That's about the amount of time for the newness to wear off. Then you'll be at the point where you can make an honest choice of which you like best.

Back