Trading my Xbox 360 for a Wii

If I had the cash to throw around, I would just grab the Nintendo Wii and hold onto the X-Box. Otherwise, here are my answers:

1. Myself and the wife will be using the Wii. She loves classic Nintendo games as well
2. I grew up on Nintendo systems, so I tend to favor puzzle, action/adventure RPG's and first person shooters (not as much as I used to, though).
3. The sensor controls are what interest me the most. i have a lot of fun when I play at my friends, and the idea of actually breaking a sweat while playing a video game is enthralling.
4. I do care about graphics, but I'm no longer OCD over it. My hardcore gamer days are passing me by, and I have a lot more fun playing the Wii than the Xbox.

I guess I want a more social gaming system, and the Wii seems to fit me the best...

Sounds like you already made your choice :p
If you still play 360, keep it and get a Wii alongside, however if you "grew out" of it...sell it for a Wii.

I would recommend just trading your 360 games for wii games on goozex. You'll get more out of it than by selling them at gamestop. Then you could sell the system on amazon or something.

I've never liked the idea of selling one console for another. More times than not, you'll regret selling off systems. If you want to buy it, buy it straight out.

Every system will have their "not-playing time".

Even if you need money for the Wii, you won't be getting much for your 360 in the end. Both consoles are total opposites, keeping both is the way to go if you want both experiences. I really can't see yourself enjoying the Wii only for next few years, you'll need something else to crave your gaming needs. From my personal gaming, I haven't touched my Wii since early last year.

Last edited:
Since you have a wife, I strongly recommend for you to trade your 360 for the Wii. It has a wider variety of games than the other consoles. Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Brawl, Mario, Tiger Woods, and Boom Blox will definitely convince you that you made the right move. If you don't trade it for a Wii then trade it for the PS3 then you can play Little Big Planet, Wipeout HD, and it has Blu-Ray. Why stay on one system when you can switch or have both or all?

keep the xbox and save up for a wii youll regret trading it in the xbox has way better games. id say just dont pay for the gold subsciption anymore and keep it.

Back