Uh-oh

pro gamer said:
You people in florida get the worst weather so you always have to be ready.

Yeah, and it comes and goes FAST. That's why there's so many people zinged by lightening. You're out on the beach, it looks like it's *miles* away, then 5 minutes later and it's on top of you (and you're the highest point on the beach).

It's good because it also tends to blow out of here quickly. During the summer it will be a perfect day - cutting up some waves - @ 2pm it turns into a typhoon for like an hour, by 3pm, back to the beach :D

We have to be extra aware since were like 1200 feet from the ocean. Though the high pressure from the coast tends to push storms AWAY from us!

Has a storm ever happened when you in the beach?

pro gamer said:
Has a storm ever happened when you in the beach?

I got caught offshore once in a pretty nasty storm - LOTS of electrical activity - kind of the last place you want to be is in a boat, running WOT through 7-8 foot swells with lightening crashing all around you.

It smelled like a burning, jammed photocopier all around - my hair was standing up like it was static charged. Pretty scary stuff :D

On the beach? Usually we clear out pretty quickly - I was born and raised in the Jax/Jax Beach area so I have a pretty good sense of how the weather moves around here.

Major storms? We got hit by a small hurricane (not directly) a couple of years ago - knocked out power for 5-6 days - we fired up the generator and the gas grill and made it like a camping experience :) (it was semi-craptacular)

Were you on a boat? and can you surf?

that is pretty cool. What is the worst storm you have been in?

I sat on the beach... and then suddenly some clouds covered the sun!!! IT WAS HORRIFIC!!! I thought I wouldn't survive... But I made it. In only a few seconds the sun came back. But those seconds were the worst seconds of my life. I was shocked for the rest of the day. I got nightmares then and now. I sometimes wish I never were there...

Oh man! school was not canceled.

Back