wat will be the bigger hit mp3 or ssbb?

SSBB gets my vote for a better seller, but they will both probably end up in the Players Choice category in the long run. SSBB just seems much more appealing to the masses.

this thread was completely unecessary. smash bros obviously and clearly is more popular, and has sold more. i cant wait for MP3 too though....that game is gonna be the s***. i love how is has dual control now.

Just lol seriously. Shoko and SSBB Lover are clearly horribly biased. Your fanboyish even comes out in the way you write :p

Smash will last longer and be the more sustained title, because of the online.
Metroid will probably sell just as many copies though, it's had more hype than the GC titles and I expect it to sell far better than them. I can't see there being another craze of people buying Wii's for Smash in the way they bought GC's for Smash. It simply isn't that new anymore....... Not to say it's not good, it is. But theres only so much you can do with that sort of game.

I myself am more excited for SSBB...and I think most people are too.

I don't think that you can put SSBB and a MP3 side by side and chose which one is better... both are different concepts.
Of course the MP3 is going to sell alot. SSBB is a new Nintendo thing... SSBB will have to be my choice. Come on, you can't compete with a game like that, and being online!?

If I had to choose one of the two for myself, it'd be MP3, no contest. However, to answer the question asked in the title, it will be SSBB without a doubt.

SSBB is a new Nintendo thing...
How is it "new"? This is the third iteration of the series, in its third generation. SSB is over eight years old now. Anything that started in the N64 era is no longer new.

Wade said:
How is it "new"? This is the third iteration of the series, in its third generation. SSB is over eight years old now. Anything that started in the N64 era is no longer new.

By new I meant, for the Wii, and by being online.

can anyone tell me the release date of Metriod Prime 3??

oh, and to answer your question, id say Super Smash Bros. Brawl simply because a lot of people are familiar with the series so yea, SSBB ftw. but im getting both, so its no biggy

ill probaly will end up getting both. But ill defitently get ssbb for the online been wating for it for ages

DazzeL said:
Just lol seriously. Shoko and SSBB Lover are clearly horribly biased. Your fanboyish even comes out in the way you write :p
That might be a nice little phrase to say, but you can't prove it at all. I signed up for this account A YEAR ago. My opinions about both games have changed since then, but regardless you as well as I know that SSBB will sell thousands more. Just because my name is "ssbb_lover" in no way states that i'm biased towards a poll asking which will be bigger. I understand how you could think that if it was something like "What do you think will be bigger, Metroid or Halo?" and I chose Metroid. That's obviously Nintendo fanboyism, because as much as I love Metroid better personally, Halo is going to MURDER it in sales.

The OP isn't asking for personal opinions on which game's better, it's asking for a general "how's it going to do in sales" question.

ssbb_lover said:
SSBB BY FAR. No competition. I may want it more, but that's not affecting my decision. There's no doubt in my mind that it'll run circles around Metroid, especially with the online possibilities of SSBB and the announcement that Metroid won't have online.

Why do people continue to ask these questions?

Very easy to assume your biased from that.... Extreme exaggeration there. SSBB will not out sell Metroid "BY FAR. No competition". That's rediculous. They're going to be extremely close in terms of sales at their release. Over the long haul I expect SSBB to come out on top with ease as the online adds long term value.

Everyones forgetting Galaxy as well - any Mario game can take on Smash with ease. Still, just like this argument, its a fairly moot point. All three titles will sell to most Wii users.

DazzeL said:
Everyones forgetting Galaxy as well - any Mario game can take on Smash with ease. Still, just like this argument, its a fairly moot point. All three titles will sell to most Wii users.

dont forget resident evil umbrella chronicles, that looks like an awesome game too, and it has co-op play

those 4 games are the top games for wii right now and if i had to chose between them itd be:
1) mario galaxy
2)ssbb
3)resident evil umbrella chronicles
4)metroid prime 3

(even though im a metroid fan, mario still beats all :p)

Both will do good, both would sell the amount they needed to sell..............But SSBB would win with the number of sells why, cause it has online features that ppl have been waiting for, probaly if MP3 had it, i would say its a toss up...........many ppl from back, way back when love the Metroid series and how it turned to Prime, so theres no doubt in my mind that if Metroid had online play it would do just as good, im sure better than SSBB.....But right now, SSBB wins this hands down!!!

DazzeL said:
Very easy to assume your biased from that.... Extreme exaggeration there. SSBB will not out sell Metroid "BY FAR. No competition". That's rediculous. They're going to be extremely close in terms of sales at their release. Over the long haul I expect SSBB to come out on top with ease as the online adds long term value.
Dude, this is easy sailing for Brawl. You know how many people Nintendo lost by announcing there would be no online for Metroid? You know how many people Nintendo gained by announcing online for Brawl? You know how many people Nintendo are gaining as the Official Brawl Dojo Site updates every week day with new updates?

On this site alone, in ONE thread, I counted tons of members who said they wouldn't buy Metroid when announced that it wouldn't have online. However, every time we have an update announcement on Wiichat on the front page from the SSBB site, new members constantly exclaim how amazing the game is going to be, etc.

And for my final point, do you see a Metroid section on this site?

There's proof on this one site alone that SSBB is going to sell better.
DazzeL said:
This thread isn't about Galaxy, is it?

Back