What are Nintendo doing??

ottoman said:
your commonly known as a "shallow gamer" some one who only sees graphics, an not gameplay. im surprised you bought a wii, most gamers like you buy a 360.....

i wouldnt necessarily say he is shallow for wanting a console in this day and age to have decent graphics...

we all know the wii is capable of more, and the developers should sort us out with more good games, im not saying graphics are everything, but its nice to have decent graphics AND good gameplay, thats not asking too much..

i was so pumped waiting for my wii, got it on launch day, played loads but its getting less and less... godfather seems to be one of few wii games i am wanting to buy right now... and i do know it takes a while, but i guess we are just impatient :D

Maxiedge said:
as a 26 year old, I'm not going to sit there moving Daisy around cutesy-wootsy land.

Ha ha i know what you mean, i'm 18yrs old and i really don't want to be playing little cartoon games with Yoshi jumping around on the screen like i'm some sort of f*cking 8yr old.

I agree with your opening post and would have liked to see a few more top name games released rather than as you put it re-hashed 3rd rate games.

Yella said:
The Wii is doing awful in releasing good, mature games...so far their stuck with releasing kiddy games like super paper mario. However i shall be patient and wait till they start to properly release games for the Wii...by properly i mean that they will start to release Wii release only games

Very well said, despite agreeing (to an extent) with the OP i am happy to be patient and wait for, as you said "proper" games. Although not strictly wii only .

Chewitt said:
Ha ha i know what you mean, i'm 18yrs old and i really don't want to be playing little cartoon games with Yoshi jumping around on the screen like i'm some sort of f*cking 8yr old.

And im glad im not ashamed of playing games that are fun just because im afraid i will not be seen as mature or Hardcore player.

And considering the amount of adults playing mario games you can hardly call it a kids game anymore.

the wii is just geared for a different audience. gta was and still is a kick-a$$ game, but you'll never see it for nintendo. my family got the wii because my wife and i are always on board with mario party, plus the interface is unique. how long can nintendo make this roll? it'll come down to the games, but just the ones specifically for the wii and that is what's going to make or break the success of the system. for me, the jury's still out on the wii till they get the zapper. i will be the first one to test that baby out! (whatever it looks like!)

AUDULTS ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD FOR GODS SAKE. They made it to enjoy children and adults. There just doing the kid games first!
Why did you buy a wii? If you want some gory murdering game get a 360. Should'nt you have known that the wii was to impress children and adults?
And think about it. They had to choose what games to start with. I guess they started with the kid games first.

PS: I am no fanboy. I enjoy nintendos product. I have to say that the 360 is an awsome console though.

Last edited:
Game developers ignored the Wii for many reasons. They are now playing catch up after seeing its popularity.

A big problem was Nintendo's past record with home consoles. The GameCube and N64 didn't do very well. Combine this with the specs of the Wii when compared to the PS3 and Xbox 360 and you can understand why they chose the other systems.

If the popularity of the Wii can last through the time it takes developers to create new games then "Wii" will be fine. Lets all hope that too many people don't jump ship in the meantime!

seriously maxiedge

1. you obviously havent played super paper mario
2. welcome to the forums
3. dont freaking doub- no, wait, YOU TRIPLE POSTED! oh helllllllllllllll noooo. use the edit button, thats why its there.

EDIT: see, i use the edit button,

but anyways,

at ciper,

umm, no. Gamecube and N64 both sold just as good as the other consoles of their generations

Last edited:
First off saying that spider man 3 has graphics worse than N64 lets me know you are an idiot and you are just looking for a reason to put down the wii. and then knowing that you would rather play it in high def on the 360 lets me know you are a graphics whore... i think alot of people are like that now days if it looks pretty then they want to play it even if it is not as fun as playing it with graphics that are not "HD".... truely as a gamer i am tired if hearing HD graphics dont mean that much to me if the game is fun thats what matters....

now about the wii nobody backed it up at first cause everyone looked at it and thought hum this could be good but lets wait and see if it sales and it did now everyone is in and wanting to make good games...

so yeah just wait for great games they will be here shortly

Nintendo chugs out excellent games. Slower than third-parties, but they chug 'em out.

Third-party developers....
Well, that's a different story.

A year and a half down the line, and we'll have a plethera (I wonder if I spelled that right) of good games (because there ARE some third-party companies that are aiming to put out a truly awesome game. Which takes time. Which is why you don't see it out right now.) at our disposal. And online.

So go get yourself a 360 if you don't want to put up with the wait. I think Wii's are still selling on eBay. Hey, maybe even a PS3.

Have you played Excite Truck, Godfather, SSX Blur, or Paper Mario?

Anyways, the really good 3rd party games will start coming out in a half a year and Nintendo will start releasing all of their awesome games in hopefully 3 months.

LOL, record 55 posts before outing yourself.... Even sovieto would disown you.

Also, no one said anything about "nintendo are". That just kills my eyes/ears

Please name a system that has had multiple system sellers in 6 months.

Mario_strikers said:
Why did you buy a wii? If you want some gory murdering game get a 360.

They had to choose what games to start with. I guess they started with the kid games first.

- How ignorant, not everybody who wants some mature games is interested in wandering around with an oversized weapon blowing the sh*t out of things. We just don't want to run around with Mario and Yoshi et al.

- Hahahaha that's possibly the most ridiculous comment i've seen on here, they don't have to choose who to target first. Deary me.

Back