What are Nintendo doing??

This is why there are game rental stores and websites!!! you can rent games that you don't want to drop $50 on shipped to your home for $6.75 a month. Keeps you busy till the games you really want are released..

syler118 said:
wii is really really reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly

BORING

i thought it would be asome but all the games suck only good on is wii sports. they need better games right now the wii is for 5 year olds. and a suggestion to every one play 360 now thats a mans sytem,.

Please sell yours and get a different system and let us enjoy the Wii that we are enjoying. Different strokes for different folks.

I believe Nintendo is allowing third parties ruin the wii. The other day out of curiosity I looked at all the wii reviews on IGN they had about 52 games reviewed by their US staff and a little over half of them (28 to be exact) scored a 6 which is passable by them and lower, worst of all approximately 38of those games are last gen or handheld ports.

The system has been out 6 months and there is only 1 superb game that has scored a 9 or better and that is Zelda Twilight Princess and it basically a gamecube port. I'm tired of crap titles, ports, and lazily slapped on controls and Nintendo needs to do thorough quality checks so developers will stop pushing these horrible titles on the market to make a quick buck.

I'm also sick of the graphics arguments everyone knows wii will not look as good as the other systems but games like Spiderman 3 and Far Cry look horrendous, even Red Steel has some pretty bad and plain graphics at various points in the game. I don't want 2-d hand drawn graphics in every game like wario-ware, trauma center, and cooking mama either. It's a home console not a handheld, it should be able to pull off some kind of decent 3d engine. For a system that is suppose to be slightly more powerful the original x-box their are no games that show any graphical potential at all.

Last edited:
I think the responses in this thread generally show that I'm not the only one who feels this way.

To all those who said get a 360, I do have one, but I want a new Wii game because I love the Wiimote and the potential it brings for the most awesome experience.

I know if I wait there will be some great games coming out... all I'm saying is if you look at the titles out at the moment, Nintendo have let their standards drop.

Someone mentioned me being a graphics whore. I will point you to Haywire's previous post where he expresses my sentiments regarding this.

Nintendo need to give back more. As much as we give them. I can't help feeling that underneath the soft coating of the Wii is a commercial monster not really interested in the gamer (Wii points cash based, lack of online resources, over charging for VC games, poor 3rd party games being released, no game demos available...).

Heck, they should give us the whole Nintendo back catalogue on the VC for all the loyalty we've shown them through the years.

If Nintendo are targetting younger gamers, as some of you have mentioned, then they're making a grave mistake.

@ Maxiedge:

>If you don't want the cooking game then don't get it, there are some people in the world that think that game is great.

>Spider-Man 3 for the Wii has upclass Gamecube graphics not N64

>Super Paper Mario is an Amazing game for Non-gamers and Gamers alike

>Twilight Princess isn't the Official Zelda Wii game.... Developers wanted to see if you could bring Zelda to the Wii.

@ Haywire: You seriously categorize games by good rating and bad ratings. I think thats sad. Everyone has opinons and IGN opinons are probably different from yours. I can honestly say I think Super Paper Mario is Overall Better then Gears of War. You probably would disagree with me.

But I do agree, the third party needs to step it up some. What the need to force on is Nintendo. You need to make a funner game then they can to even be successful on the Wii.

@syler118: Sucks your banned!! If you could read this, Xbox 360 is a one mans system(so you put it in your room). Wii is a Family system(Boy and Girls of all ages, gamer or non-gamer), people aren't embrassed by putting it where everyone can see it(In there family room).

Last edited:
I wish people would realize that criticism and hatred for the wii are two different things. I thoroughly enjoy the wii and its potential but the system has largely been a disppointment to me. It's great that the wii is focusing on kids and casual gamers but much of nintendo's core audience is still adults that grew up with the original NES, and we want more than horrible kiddie movie tie in games.

Most gamers want games with substance like the Star Wars Jedi Knight series, EA's Fight Night, and the Rogue Squadron games and all of those series are popular and Teen rated. Personally I want the wii to have more original titles that play to the systems strengths instead of trying to force terrrible last gen games on to a new system. I wish that long lasting series would stick with their roots and not change their style of play to just fit the casual player such as Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. Regarding mature games they have there place on the system the gamecube had plenty of mature titles such as Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Spartan, Splinter Cell, Dead to Rights, Hunter, Blood Omen, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow six. So why shouldn't wii owners expect the same.

You should have done some more research before buying a Wii.

You cannot be a Wii gamer without an open mind.

i agree the wii is for open minded people im tired of hearing 360 is so much better cause it has graphics that rock and more Mature games and every game plays the same and its not that innovative at all but it rocks... After saying that i think the 360 is a very nice system and i will buy one someday not to replace my wii but because its a different experience than the wii.

LowTek said:
You should have done some more research before buying a Wii.

You cannot be a Wii gamer without an open mind.

I'm not sure if thay comment is directed at me but I'll respond anyways. For a console to be considered a true and complete success it needs to relate to as many audiences as possible. Its not being close minded to expect more from a system then handheld and out dated console ports that are done very poorly. It would be narrow minded to expect the wii to only be made for kids and casual gamers only.

Come on we have been flooded with mini games Warioware, Rayman, Wiiplay, Wiisports, and the upcoming Mario Party. We have 3 marble games in Monkeyball, Kororinpa: Marble Mania , and Mercury Meltdown. We have two on Rails shooters coming out. Every FPS game has had control issues, every Flight Game has sucked Super Monkey Balls. Were being asked to pay $40 for last gen games that cost half as much on the last gens. I've done my research I bought a wii for family fun which it does provide but I also expected it to be more than that I expected innovation and new styles of games that appealed to everyone in my home. I didn't expect 38 out of the 52 games released so far to be ports, or half of the games out so far to be terrible, and I didn't expect so many games to control so poorly either.

Too be honest you want a great wii experience buy a wiimote and a bluetooth adapter and play games on your pc it won't cost you $250 or take a lot of hunting around. So far Nintendo has yet to do anything that proves how revolutionary and innovative there system is.

I cant see in any way how the wii has made anyone feel good about nintendo's performance. I dont like Zelda, i'm sorry but i dont and many would tell me that i cant be a nintendo fan if i dont like Zelda which i dont think is fair. Anyways, I'm sick of always hearing the same thing, oh but this is coming out so be patient. I'm sick of being patient! Ive been patient for too long! I dont like Zelda and im sorry for that, i loved godfather at first but its so repetitive. I dont care about graphics to much but i dont want gamecube graphics and if your going to give me gamecube graphics then give me innonvation with the wiimote and nunchuck. The only games with innovation with the wiimote are mini games and i dont want them i want real games. Zelda u swing the mote every now and then and aim, COD3 is great but its so short, Excite truck is only fun on 2 players and theres not a game out there that can have good graphics and great gameplay. Nintendo keeps saying we aren't about graphics we are about having fun well give me some fun! I know that Mario and metroid and ssmb are coming out but i want to hear about tons of "New" and i quote new because i dont want them to be a game everyone knows about. How bout a game not made by Nintendo for the wii that is actually good. I just want some good games that dont involve any Nintendo characters or made by Nintendo but it doesn't look like we are going to get that.

the wii was not backed well before its launch thats why we are seeing ports right now... since the wii is selling very well and everyone is in now to make third party games we should start seeing some great ones in about 5 months or so it takes time to make a game and third party developers have to play catch up now just give it time and have faith or give up get a 360 or PS3 and miss out on the great games to come for the wii

Chewitt said:
Ha ha i know what you mean, i'm 18yrs old and i really don't want to be playing little cartoon games with Yoshi jumping around on the screen like i'm some sort of f*cking 8yr old.
Yup. Same here. I'm 19 and am sick of seeing all these BS garbage kiddy games. I should be moving in with my girlfriend soon and then i can go to town with her 360. Basically right now i am stuck playing madden and that is it on the Wii because everything else is crap.

Even in the future things don't look good. I hated the 1st metriod on the GC (horrible level design, never knew where to go, the controls sucked, and i didn't get far enough to even find remnants of a story) so i don't care about Prime

Super Mario Galaxy?? Super Paper Mario??? I'm an adult who is about Mario'ed out. I'm sick of the same characters doing the same thing in different places. Mario is lame, old, and un-inventive

even Sadness and Manhunt look like i will conquer them in 15 hours and never play them again.

I really hope SSBB is all i hope it will be. Once i can play the 360 whenever i want i don't think the Wii will get much attention.

I feel like a hardcore gamer trapped with a novelty crap kiddy console. :(

oh PS: VC sucks and only has crap games. What is up with the "releasing" 3 crap games a week???? Itunes doesn't wait and wait and only release a few songs. VC seems half-arsed at best.

Last edited:
thoughtcrimnal84 said:
Yup. Same here. I'm nearly 19 and am sick of seeing all these BS garbage kiddy games. I should be moving in with my girlfriend soon and then i can go to town with her 360. Basically right now i am stuck playing madden and that is it on the Wii because everything else is crap.

Even in the future things don't look good. I hated the 1st metriod on the GC (horrible level design, never knew where to go, the controls sucked, and i didn't get far enough to even find remnants of a story) so i don't care about Prime

Super Mario Galaxy?? Super Paper Mario??? I'm an adult who is about Mario'ed out. I'm sick of the same characters doing the same thing in different places. Mario is lame, old, and un-inventive

even Sadness and Manhunt look like i will conquer them in 15 hours and never play them again.

I really hope SSBB is all i hope it will be. Once i can play the 360 whenever i want i don't think the Wii will get much attention.

I feel like a hardcore gamer trapped with a novelty crap kiddy console. :(

oh PS: VC sucks and only has crap games. What is up with the "releasing" 3 crap games a week???? Itunes doesn't wait and wait and only release a few songs. VC seems half-arsed at best.

sounds as if we are the same age I turn 19 at the end of this month the difference is i love my wii and the games i own on it...thats not saying that the 360 is not amazing because it is im just saying maybe you are not having an open mind. i only own 4 wii games and thats because i only buy stuff that i think is amazing ( there are a few others that i want to buy... i know there are more than 4 good wii games ).

It sounds to me like you didn't give metroid prime a chance or again were closed minded because that game had amazing level design and i never had any problem figuring out where to go and if i did it gave me a hint... second the controls were perfect for that game it made it feel more like and adventure than just the normal FPS with no creativity. so it sounds to me like you just gave up way to easily on that game considering it got near to perfect scores in almost every review i would say you should pick it back up and try again.

Im sorry you're tired of the same old Mario face but i think there is alot of fun to be had with both of those games... I own super paper Mario and its not the same game different setting its not even the same as the old paper Mario's so maybe you should rent it and try it... and with Super Mario Galaxy yes its going to feel kinda the same but did you complain when you played Mario 3 or Super Mario World because that was the same old stuff different setting... now with Mario being 3D this is his third outing so it could possibly be as amazing as Super Mario 3.

As for what you said about the sadness and manhunt being able to beat them in 15 hours then never playing them again how can you know that. That statement is just stupid we dont know that much about sadness and as for manhunt its not out yet so we dont know how much content it will have. and you never know you may love both of those games and play them over and over. That was just a dumb statement.

SSBB will probably be all we all hope for those are game that don't disappoint but i cant promise that so it could... as for being happy you can play a 360 all the time and don't think you will be playing your wii much... sounds like you have already given up and closed your mind to all wii title some of them suck yes but some games on the 360 suck just as bad.

i am tired of people calling themseleves hardcore gamers and then trashing the wii... i dont even like the term hardcore gamer but i fit the stereotype. But the way i see it giving up on a system 6 months into its life is dumb when the 360 came out name one amazing title... ... ... they all sucked and the ones that were ok were multi platform. Im just saying dont call the wii a kiddy novelty act because its not sure there are some games on it for kids but if you dont like them dont buy them. there are more grown up games to play so play them such as red steel (dont trash it its fun), metal slug anthology (hard as hell but alot of fun), Trama Center second opinion, and the list goes on i am sure you know whats out.

And as for the VC there is a far larger amount of songs in the world than old video games. That is why its not like itunes duh. second off are you just a graphics whore or something cause alot of great games are out on the VC I myself have spent of $200 just on VC games. Sorry you dont like the 3 games a week release but its something to look forward to and a reason to keep checking up on the VC and i am sure they make more money that way and they are a buisness so thats what it is about.

wow that went on longer than i planned... simply said i think you have a closed mind and have already given up on the wii

Back