What are Nintendo doing??

Have u guys realized that the Wii is kickin a$$ in the gaming section compared to the xbox 360 and PS3??

Microsoft took almost a year and a half to release their first must have game (Gears of War) and it will be almost 2 years when Halo 3 comes out!!

Nintendo hopefully will get 3 must have titles out before or right our around a year! They are on track to releasing many more awesome titles and will surpass the xbox 360 soon.

thank god someone understands that it takes time to have great games and that Nintendo is making much better time than the 360 i thought i was the only one that remembered its horrible launch titles aka Perfect Dark Zero. so far the only title that makes me think hum 360 is pretty cool is Gears of War... i also like the new rainbow six but its on the ps3 so i cant give 360 and credit for that... but Nintendo launched with Zelda ( i don't want to hear the crap about how it was just GC port because it was a great game and one of the best launch titles ever ). Super Paper Mario is also awesome and again i don't want to hear about how it was a GC port. The only reason they did that was cause the GC was dead and why waste great games on a system noone is buying and no one is buying games for. As for the future the 360 has halo 3 which is cool but Nintendo has Metorid Prime 3, SSBB, Sadness, and Super Mario Galaxy so that would be 6 great games before the 360 has 2 great original titles but maybe i am crazy and i am totally wrong but i don't think so.

thoughtcrimnal84 said:
Yup. Same here. I'm 19 and am sick of seeing all these BS garbage kiddy games. I should be moving in with my girlfriend soon and then i can go to town with her 360. Basically right now i am stuck playing madden and that is it on the Wii because everything else is crap.

Even in the future things don't look good. I hated the 1st metriod on the GC (horrible level design, never knew where to go, the controls sucked, and i didn't get far enough to even find remnants of a story) so i don't care about Prime

Super Mario Galaxy?? Super Paper Mario??? I'm an adult who is about Mario'ed out. I'm sick of the same characters doing the same thing in different places. Mario is lame, old, and un-inventive

even Sadness and Manhunt look like i will conquer them in 15 hours and never play them again.

I really hope SSBB is all i hope it will be. Once i can play the 360 whenever i want i don't think the Wii will get much attention.

I feel like a hardcore gamer trapped with a novelty crap kiddy console. :(

oh PS: VC sucks and only has crap games. What is up with the "releasing" 3 crap games a week???? Itunes doesn't wait and wait and only release a few songs. VC seems half-arsed at best.
just as an aside, I hear the same argument regarding PS3 and 360 games, too short, not enough gameplay, I don't have a 360 or PS3, but since I work as an Asst Manager for Gamestop, I get to hear the complaints from customers who spent 59.99 for a new 360 game or PS3 game, only to beat it within a week or less, I ask them if they tried it at the hardest level, usually I hear yes, a lot of them aren't into the online play, those that are, keep the games a bit longer, but still. I can't tell ya how many used copies of Resistance: Fall of Man, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Crackdown (to name a few) I have sitting on my shelves. All I am saying is, it's not just the games for the Wii that have issues. it seems to be an industry wide issue.
Also, saying that games like Mario are kiddie games is strange, esp when the first mario games came out, they were played by all ages, same with the Zelda games. I understand being disapointed with the initial release of games for the Wii, a lot of people were, (same with the PS3, 360, and just about every new system, since the Atari VCS (2600)). Look at the 360 game library now, a lot more impressive, better games, etc.. same thing will happen with the Wii and PS3. Companies NEVER use the full potential of a new system right away, if they did, they wouldn't have anything to impress you with later, they push the systems abilities little by little (look at the PS2, now at the end of it's run, they are pushing it for what it's worth (God of War II for example). just be patient, the good games are comming

To be honest I enjoy my wii but my 360 appeals to me much more as a gamer but I try to keep my thinking subjective and apply data to my opinions so I did some research on the quality of 360 vs Wii games. I compared gamescores from IGN for both systems within a 6 month release window. The 360 had 35 titles that I counted within the 6 months not including arcade games and the average gamescore was 7.8 / 10 which I thought was very impressive. Now onto the wii they have released a whopping 50 games by my count but due to many low quality games their average was 6.5 / 10. Also both systems had an equal amount of ports given the ratio of games released within the 6 months.

Out of curiosity I removed 15 of the lowest rated games for the wii to bring the total number of games averaged for the wii to 35 to equal the 360's launch window numbers and that brought the average up to 7.3 / 10 which gives almost an equal quality of games. So in my opinion it is the flood of low scoring horrible ports and rushed games that is hurting the Wii reputation which could be rectified if Nintendo applied some quality control but at the sametime I also wish Nintendo would focus on releasing titles for the more traditional (hardcore?) gamer.

Last edited:
Haywire, awesome research! Hopefully, those 3rd party companies where just caught with their pants down and we will start seeing some games they have actually put some effort into soon... I think we will.

Haywire said:
To be honest I enjoy my wii but my 360 appeals to me much more as a gamer but I try to keep my thinking subjective and apply data to my opinions so I did some research on the quality of 360 vs Wii games. I compared gamescores from IGN for both systems within a 6 month release window. The 360 had 35 titles that I counted within the 6 months not including arcade games and the average gamescore was 7.8 / 10 which I thought was very impressive. Now onto the wii they have released a whopping 50 games by my count but due to many low quality games their average was 6.5 / 10. Also both systems had an equal amount of ports given the ratio of games released within the 6 months.

Out of curiosity I removed 15 of the lowest rated games for the wii to bring the total number of games averaged for the wii to 35 to equal the 360's launch window numbers and that brought the average up to 7.3 / 10 which gives almost an equal quality of games. So in my opinion it is the flood of low scoring horrible ports and rushed games that is hurting the Wii reputation which could be rectified if Nintendo applied some quality control but at the sametime I also wish Nintendo would focus on releasing titles for the more traditional (hardcore?) gamer.

Nice research, but in my opinion game ratings are just a general overview of the game. I think the real variable is the personality of the gamer. For example, Halo recieved great scores, but I would rather play Wii Sports, which recieved average scores. Just because a game has a higher score doesn't mean it will be more appealing to all gamers. Oh, and just so you don't get the wrong idea, I am a hardcore gamer, not a casual. I just am not a huge fan of shooting/war games, and Wii Sports is the best game I have for my Wii right now since I have only two.

IVe been thinking about that for a while too but a lot of realy good games are about to come out like super smash bros. Brawl and mario galaxy and metroid prime.Give it till the end of 07 then you can complain.

Back