What happens when you die?

what happends when you die huh.......

well lets say i get shot on the job. then i get a fun funeral where a bunch of cops come to the funeral persession even though they have NO idea who i am, stand around because its on overtime or during work hours. bagpipes play as im burried into a pile of dirt. and once im in the dirt, well im there to stay.

if i believed in reincarnation or heaven and hell, chances are id ever be a toilet brush in my next life or burning in hell.

yes, im that cynical

Wow, I remember reading that most Christian afterlife stuff was not adapted from Judaism..but that's really cynical!

maybe rephrase the question to weed out smart asses.. lol.

Brawny said:
Wow, I remember reading that most Christian afterlife stuff was not adapted from Judaism..but that's really cynical!

maybe rephrase the question to weed out smart asses.. lol.

If you claim to not want to start a religious debate, then it is probably smart to accept all beliefs, atheist included.

You cease to be
You die and go to meat your maker
You become a experson

Last edited by a moderator:
mr_resi said:
You rot in the ground. Or fish eat you. Or your ashes sit forever on a shelf.
Pretty much what I think. You die, so your brain stops functioning so you aren't aware of anything. And unless someone can show me where my soul/spirit is located, then I don't believe it exists.
Religion is just something to comfort people because they are scared of death.

Last edited:
yeah vagrant, I know.....

but why does atheist always seem to = ass

other people state their beliefs....so sarcasm directed at others they believe are ignorant.

1. Religion: (i.e heaven/hell etc..)
2. Reincarnation: Come back as a human and or animal..
3. Nothing, you cease to exist...

paintba||er said:

aren't aware of anything. And unless someone can show me where my soul/spirit is located, then I don't believe it exists.

Look at your feet
Theres your soul

Wow...

Near Death Experiences

For the past thirty years, thousands of people have reported experiencing what are called near death experiences (NDEs). NDEs are encounters where a person, being in full awareness, leaves the body and enters another world. Such experiences have resulted in life transformation in many individuals. What are we to make of these accounts?

Let us understand that NDEs come from those who have been clinically dead, not biologically dead. In clinical death, external life signs such as consciousness, pulse, and breathing cease. In such cases, biological death results if no steps are taken to reverse the process. Biological death, on the other hand, is not affected by any amount of attention, for it is physically irreversible.{1}

The NDE accounts occur at various stages of clinical death. Some occur when the patient is comatose, very close to death, or pronounced clinically dead. Other accounts occur when the patient's heart stops beating. Others occur while the patient's brain ceases to register any activity on the EEG monitor. There have not been any cases of biological or irreversible death for a significant amount of time followed by a resurrection.

What has intrigued scientists and theologians in their study of NDEs is that many of the patients have similar experiences. These include leaving the body and watching from above as doctors work on it, entering a dark tunnel, seeing light, seeing others, meeting a spirit being, experiencing peace, and then returning to the body.

Scientists and doctors from various worldviews have sought to explain this phenomenon. Those from an atheistic worldview have sought to give naturalistic explanations. Their explanations range from hallucination induced by medication, chemical reactions the brain experiences in near death crises, previous encounters long forgotten, and others. These fall short of explaining NDE events.

Many NDEs have occurred without medication. Drowning victims are one example. Also, thousands of NDE victims were able to clearly describe places and people with exact detail while they were clinically dead. One girl, while near dead, was able to describe what her family did that night at home, what was made for dinner, where everyone sat and even what was said. Others were able to describe in detail objects in rooms nearby and far away from them. One patient described a shoe on the rooftop of a hospital. When the nurses looked, they found the shoe exactly as described. A boy in an accident involving his brother and mother told those around him moments before he died, "They are waiting for me now." The doctor discovered that at that exact time in another hospital the boy's mother and brother had just died. Dr. Gary Habermas and J.P. Moreland provide a comprehensive discussion of NDEs in their book Beyond Death, arguing that naturalistic explanations cannot satisfactorily explain the events that occur in NDEs.

NDEs may not conclusively prove there is a heaven or hell, but they do indicate that at death the soul separates from the body, and that a person's spirit is conscious and coherent at death.

However, NDEs do not accurately reflect what lies beyond the grave. NDEs deal with accounts that give a short glimpse behind the curtain of death and therefore they give us an incomplete picture. Colossians 1:18 tells us that Jesus "is the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Christ overcame biological death and lives forevermore as ruler over all creation. His supremacy over everything was established through His resurrection. Also, we know that Satan masquerades as an angel of light and can produce counterfeit appearances. It is imperative that we evaluate all experiences in light of Scripture.

Source:

http://www.probe.org/content/view/14/77/

surfinrach90 said:

Edit: And for all the smart arses around here, let's change the question to what happens to you after you die..

Most of you know what I mean anyway..

damn i was going to say something like you **** yo pants

oh well

i personally think everyone goes to heaven except people with corrupt minds, there are people who commit crimes, but either they feel sorry for doing so, or they're used to it, but insane people are ****ing insane

so they go to hell

god forgives anyone who is truly sorry

yeah~~~~~~~

Back