What's your favorite multiplayer mode & map?

I only play TC.I love the outpost, jungle, and station. Great hiding spots for a campy sniper like me.I don't mind the docks but, once you're a higher level and you get placed with young'ins to the game....to watch them blindy run into that crossfire in the boat room over and over and over again...ugh...use your head!!! If you don't control either end of the boat room...even if you rush one end...you're gonna get cut down. I like the memorial but don't get to play it often. The sewers are SO dark... I masty-proxy in the archives and nightclub and facility.so I guess to the op.outpost is favorite.It still amazes me how many high level players can't find me on that map. And the only thing slightly less annoying than masterton proxy, is a sniper with proxies. You may find me, but you'll die twice flushing me out.(Dark G)

I like TC on docks, but I can't afford not to snipe, either because of my team can't snipe worth a dime or because of pesky enemy snipers are doing a good job of holding the room. So unless I'm with a good team, you'll see me running around (or more like staying in the boat room) in docks with my strata/toros loadout, sniping and defending the room from everyone else.

[To Redcrow]...
You said..."Most of the lvl 56 did not get there legit. And whenever you run into such a player i can't help but think another cheater ruining my fun."

I agree. SOOOOOO many 56's and so few of us that are legit! However, there is something to be said for being a 56 that earned it - you usually have the skills to beat the pseudo-56ers. Lately, I have been playing quite a few games with multiple 56ers, and I have sometimes had 2x their kills on the way to winning.

Basic rule of thumb: If you see a 56 finish any worse than 3rd (even against another 56) or have less then a 2:1 kd ratio, chances are they didn't put in the time to get there legitimately. Or they were just messing around...but still. I've seen a lot of 56ers lately with kd ratios less than 1:1 and it makes me sad....

Nice to see this thread active. This was my first thread I created back in Feb. Haha. :)

I like most of the maps, I'm just too keen on Memorial. Is there any good feedback that can be use to defend yourself on this map? :)

Memorial map, to me, works a bit differently than the other maps. It is the hardest one to see your competitors because of the dark textures and low lighting in places. Snipers often love this map because they can make long range kills without being seen. A popular sniping spot is all the way at the back of the map down the big hallway. You can almost always find someone crouching behind one of the fire barrels in the back looking through a scope. My advice:
1) Similar to other maps, never sit still, particularly in this map. You will get sniped a lot.
2) If you spawn in one of the "cubby holes" along the ledge on the edge of the map, run away immediately - you are a VERY visible target in these.
3) A good technique in Memorial is to use an assult rifle and randomly aim down your sights (ADS) in open areas and corners a lot. Your ADS will pick up on people that you may not initially see with your eyes because they blended in with the background.
4) Some people insist on climbing the short ladders to get up into one of the towers in the middle of the level. More often than not, you just become a target. Be silenced if you are going to play "that" game.
5) I find I am more successful when I keep to the outside running lanes of this map, occasionally going up and over hills. Cutting across the middle seems to put you smack in the middle of a multi-enemy fire fight.

Thanks, Steve! I appreciate the tips. :) "A popular sniping spot is all the way at the back of the map down the big hallway"

Are you talking about where, in the back, there's two-three trashcans on fire? And near the front, there are like these two big boulder (although that's not what it is), and on one of the sides there an entrance... lol I'm probably not making any sense.

At one end of the Memorial level, there is a big room with what looks like a gate toward the end of it. You have to run between two large rectangular structures to get into this area, and yes, there are a few trash cans with fire in there. Snipers like to hide behind the last two all the way in the back. Often, they make for good grenade fodder! ;-)

3) A good technique in Memorial is to use an assult rifle and randomly aim down your sights (ADS) in open areas and corners a lot. Your ADS will pick up on people that you may not initially see with your eyes because they blended in with the background.
Who uses ADS snap...Thats for noobs who suck :eek:

Whoa KNOWN1...slow your roll there. Let me fan your flames before you self-combust! :crazy: There aren't THAT many players out there that can just hip fire from long range across a level! At my age, I'd be lucky if I can see that far in real life! lol

"And anyway there's nothing wrong with using it especially since 99% of the opposition is using it." Someone said it somewhere.

I mean doesn't it make you feel better killing somebody legit like any other game instead of this ridiculous 'oh let me randomly ADS and shoot'

Skillz yo.

Easy xplosive...

You don't want to make KNOWN1 mad. He might decide to beat us both simultaneously with both hands tied behind his back, eyes closed, and TV off - AND with using hip fire only. And did I mention he can will people to die online just by thinking it?? I mean, he's probably right after all. When people shoot at each other in real life, firing from the hip from long distance is much more accurate than using the sights that the gun manufacturer installed, and for that very purpose. :tongue2: I bet KNOWN1 would even point a handgun sideways from 50 yards just for higher "killing effect."

"God no! He turned it sideways, kill shot, that's a kill shot!" - Quote from Steve Carell

Relax KNOWN1, it is just part of the game. And in case you haven't noticed, Goldeneye is not COD MW550 or whatever it's called. LOL :ciappa:

We get it, KNOWN1... you are a "badass 56 without humility who feels like he doesn't need to do what all other mortals need to do to win, and is more than happy to tell us about it" in a post that is supposed to help LESS EXPERIENCED gamers improve - not boost your ego.

Fan the flames, cool your jets, slow your roll, hold your tongue....and now watch your back...because flaming on a "helpful to less experienced players thread" is just mean.

Back