whats your second language?????

I speak powerlifter.

And I can understand Spanish as long as you don't use any verbs that aren't on the 100 Verbs list that we had to memorize. That's cheating.

My second language is english.
First one is Spanish (I'm Colombian)
Third one is French.
And I'm currently learning Korean.

edit: for two years I also knew Elvish (Quenya) from Lord of the Rings.

Hello, how are you? I am Wii_NINJA.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh come on, everyone knows that.

navarre said:
My second language is German. I recently got an A* (read 27/30) on my coursework. I am seriously considering whether I would like to pursue it at A Level. I've also done a year of Spanish and French, and, thanks to the Government's language scheme, did not get a choice on whether i wanted to take a language to GCSE or not.

I chose German. French and Spanish are both Romance languages, and are similar, whilst English is a cousin of German. German is the tenth most spoken language in the world, and is an official 'business' language of the EU. Plus, Austria, Switzerland and southern Germany are the Earth equivalent of paradise.

English is French's cousin, too.

French is my second language. I'm not fluent, but I'm getting there, and I'm keen on reaching 100% fluency in university. I stayed in France for a little over a month with a French family from December last year to the end of January this year. It was nice, and helped my French a lotttt.. I understand a lot more and have more of a feel for the actual language. I love it, and actually enjoy my French lessons. The hardest thing about conversational French is the group conversations. My host brother's conversations with groups of friends weren't that hard to follow, but pretty difficult to be a part of.

So yeah. I also reeeeally want to learn Spanish (shouldn't be too hard after French), Portugese (should be incredibly easy after Spanish), Arabic (challenge) and Japanese (challenge). EDIT: omggg I can't believe I forgot Russian.

I speak fluent English and Maths.

Last edited:
I would like to learn German as a second language. Why? Because someone at work is German and it amuses me when he switches languages when people from home call him. It also amuses me when he says things like "I want you to splitted these charges".

That totally is normally I want to learn something because I think it would be cool to be able to switch like he does. But unfortunately I don't see how I can or will ever learn. Nothing short of going to Germany... Which I do want too, but that is like 4-5 years down the track. And by then I'll be over my amusement by this person.

Oh come on, everyone knows that.

English is French's cousin, too.

Maybe, but English is a descendent of German. Like, an actual descendant. German and English were once upon a time the same language. I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post, as you more than anyone know how I feel towards to French.

Nothing short of going to Germany... Which I do want too, but that is like 4-5 years down the track. And by then I'll be over my amusement by this person.

Probably the greatest country I've ever stepped foot in. I've been to a few countries, including America and Spain, but Germany trumps the lot. I'm a patriot, but I can openly admit Germany is a greater nation than my own. The food is immaculate, the buildings and country beautiful, the people lovely, and the economy booming (third largest on the planet).

Maybe, but English is a descendent of German. Like, an actual descendant. German and English were once upon a time the same language. I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post, as you more than anyone know how I feel towards to French.
You are sort of right- English is classed as a Germanic language, but it isn't actually descended from German, or French for that matter. It came about as a hybrid of Anglo-Saxon and Norman (you can thank William the Conqueror), and over the centuries evolved to became the language we know today.

You are sort of right- English is classed as a Germanic language, but it isn't actually descended from German, or French for that matter. It came about as a hybrid of Anglo-Saxon and Norman (you can thank William the Conqueror), and over the centuries evolved to became the language we know today.

What I meant was, English was once both spoken in Germany and England. Obviously, it has been subject to many external influences since then, most notably Latin and Greek.

Anyway, unrelated, but look at this sentence and our complicated language:

I did not tell her that. (... Someone else told her)
I did not tell her that. (... You said I did. or ... but now I will)
I did not tell her that. (... I did not say it; she could have inferred it, etc)
I did not tell her that. (... I told someone else)
I did not tell her that. (... I told her something else)

What I meant was, English was once both spoken in Germany and England. Obviously, it has been subject to many external influences since then, most notably Latin and Greek.

Anyway, unrelated, but look at this sentence and our complicated language:

I did not tell her that. (... Someone else told her)
I did not tell her that. (... You said I did. or ... but now I will)
I did not tell her that. (... I did not say it; she could have inferred it, etc)
I did not tell her that. (... I told someone else)
I did not tell her that. (... I told her something else)
English wasn't spoken in Germany. That was Anglo-Saxon, which English evolved from. At one time there was a language with both German and English evolved from. In fact, most of the languages from Europe, Iran, and northern India are related if you go back far enough.

Technically, being Canadian, my second language is french.

But all I really know is how to say hello and goodbye, and a few other things. Kinda makes me wish I stayed in french past grade nine.

Shame too that my school doesn't offer any other languages.

English is my second language.

Spanish is my first.

English wasn't spoken in Germany. That was Anglo-Saxon, which English evolved from. At one time there was a language with both German and English evolved from. In fact, most of the languages from Europe, Iran, and northern India are related if you go back far enough.

You mean Indo-European languages? True. But the point I'm trying to make is, the ancestors of modern English and German was the same language.

Back