Would any of you care for a Bushido Blade for Wii?

A2L

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Ok, first off I read the forum rules and didn't see a particular forum for a "game suggestion" to be put in, any mod who deems that this is false and wants to move it to the correct forum, by all means... do so. It'll get better responses that way.

I haven't tried ANY fighting games for Wii yet (as far i know, there's what... DBZ and Dragon Spirit or something like that?) but I think a remake for Bushido Blade (never played part 2) would be awesome. It seems like most people I talk to seem to enjoy the idea of swinging some virtual sword with their remote, as do I. So, here's my thought.

Part 1 was slow, it wasn't insane button mashing or anything, it was almost too slow lol. It was mostly dodging, parrying and waiting for a clean opening to take down your opponent in one swift move. With the Wii system I think this game can be revamped to life again. Maybe with the nunchaku's analog stick for movement and the mote for the blade.

You were able to change stances and all that would be so easily be manipulated through the wii mote. Say you have the wii mote directly infront of you, you'd simply have the sword infront of your character. Bring it up and maybe even add a twirl of the wrist and you have the blade pointing directly at your opponent, the blade laying horizontally. Bring it down and point the mote behind you like the beginning of a backswing in Wii Tennis and you're set for a quick run and slash.

As for when you guys actually cross hilts and are stuck on that "MUST OVER POWER HIm!!!" instead of button mashing, it'd be the simple shaking of the wii mote like in Boxing.

I don't know, I thought of this for a whole 10 minutes plus the 5 minutes of posting this... as I'm sure developers would be ableto come up with something so much better. I'm really just wondering if my love for that old game was alone or if there were some people who'd consider this a good idea.

BTW, I usually tend to suck at making a good impression on new forums as so I'm so excited abou tthe current thing i'm latched onto... so this is probably a No-No or in the wrong forum or something.... so once again, move if need be, delete if need be, flame if need be... either way.. I just want to look like an idiot while pretending to be a samurai ><

oh man that would be a great idea, me as a fan of bushido blade for the orignial playstation one, i myself never played part 2. glad someone posted about this, i think it would be a good idea! although i dont have a wii just yet but heck i'd buy it for that sake, and i hear there's tons of cool games. :cool:

I love the Bushido Blade games but I'm pretty sure that Square has abandoned the fighting game genre. Unfortunately I think you have a better chance of seeing a Kengo (eck!) or Way of the Samurai game coming to the wii.

One franchise of games that I would love to see on the wii is Ready to Rumble Boxing. Another title I would love to see even though it was never popular and reviews were overly harsh is Colisseum: Road to freedom (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/634/634858p1.html) which is a Roman gladiatorial game.

Wii discussed this way before the wii was out

It whould be nice to see a realistic fighting game on the wii (even red steel got this wrong)but no one wholud like it

i still play bushido blade one of the best games ever made and it would be perfectly suited to the wii that would be a great game. i wish they would consider making it, but they are too busy with their cash cow ff games to care.

It does sound pretty cool, there's probably no real point to all these swords, tennis rackets, bats, and golf clubs, over simply using the Wiimote, but for coolness, you would really want that sword.

Back