Your Own Zelda Game

Very nice. I have read a couple of you guys zelda games. I like them very much. Maybe one day the creator of zelda will recognize your great ideas and put them in a zelda game.

That would be cool^^

First, I know exactly how much programming this is gonna take. I've done many games before. Also... don't worry about how much it's gonna take cause I am willing to do it!

Now on to the ideas.

I was thinking that there is a secret in this game, that if you kill like 10,000 creatures or some big number like that, then the story alters. Because you have regained your evil side, it is no longer cooped up, Ganon would be easier to beat, and maybe we could throw in that you get some cool new magic powers or something!

Also you said that upgrading defense would upgrade your hearts. I don't really like that Idea. I think hearts should be linked to your progress in the game, as well as how many peices you've found, just like its always been done in zelda.

For the cutscenes, I can do them easily, I think I am quite good with 3d animations and stuff, its just the programming I am not very great at.

Now for the temples. I'm wondering if 4 or five is enough. So I think Id like to abandon the fire water earth air thing. It just confines it too much. So what I was thinking was a much more broad temples, not based on an element. I mean, some of them could be. But also like going through some burning castle or something. Just, more... and not nessecarily "temples" ANyways, what im trying to say is that id like to broaden the temple selection a bit.

I also think it would be good to make you start with nothing, again. So that you have to work for everything you have.

But, on to the storyline. What id like to do over the next couple days is make some just some sloppy story boards to get it all into perspective. So I will be working on that, and ill do it in flash so I can change things easily.

Later!

okay...I really think we need some sort of something that Link needs to find to connect his shadow with himself again...like, GAnon ripped them apart!!! It shouldn't be that easy to join them together again...Link needs to collect something I feel...I think that would be the best thing...

In regards to items, I like to add a duh...hahaha, I agree that Link needs to work towards getting his items as always...

And also, I said I was not quite sure on the hearts thing...I like it better when you collect heart pieces...its tradition! So yea, I agree with you there on that part...keep me posted on how the plot is going...let me know if I can help in any way!

Ya, it should be hard to reinfuse yourself with ur evil sole but I do like my idea for a secret! It would just have to be a large number of baddies that you gotta kill.

You could always send him to like... The lost city of Atlantis or something. Deep under the sea. Wich could replace a water temple. Rubble in the way everywhere, dodging collapsing pieces of building and such from time to time. I duno.

Hell... No really, Hell instead of Fire Temple. But this really sounds like im keeping the whole elemental thing. Uhm... Maybe some huge underground Lab? With expirements gone wrong for enemies..? Im out of ideas for the momment, so yeah.

DarkDepths said:
That would be cool^^

First, I know exactly how much programming this is gonna take. I've done many games before. Also... don't worry about how much it's gonna take cause I am willing to do it!

Now on to the ideas.

I was thinking that there is a secret in this game, that if you kill like 10,000 creatures or some big number like that, then the story alters. Because you have regained your evil side, it is no longer cooped up, Ganon would be easier to beat, and maybe we could throw in that you get some cool new magic powers or something!

Also you said that upgrading defense would upgrade your hearts. I don't really like that Idea. I think hearts should be linked to your progress in the game, as well as how many peices you've found, just like its always been done in zelda.

For the cutscenes, I can do them easily, I think I am quite good with 3d animations and stuff, its just the programming I am not very great at.

Now for the temples. I'm wondering if 4 or five is enough. So I think Id like to abandon the fire water earth air thing. It just confines it too much. So what I was thinking was a much more broad temples, not based on an element. I mean, some of them could be. But also like going through some burning castle or something. Just, more... and not nessecarily "temples" ANyways, what im trying to say is that id like to broaden the temple selection a bit.

I also think it would be good to make you start with nothing, again. So that you have to work for everything you have.

But, on to the storyline. What id like to do over the next couple days is make some just some sloppy story boards to get it all into perspective. So I will be working on that, and ill do it in flash so I can change things easily.

Later!
There should be more than 5 temples. I think Zelda should be playable and she wields a sword and rides a horse just like link.

It should have a good and evil side of the story just like on sonic adventure 2 battle.

What about something like fable where you can choose your own destiny whether or not you become evil or good link in the end. But the game would alter around the choices you make. Say like if you decide to go into town and steal from people to be evil or to be good you help people like you normally do. Just little things that would decide what you become along the way!

They will cool. Or what if like after you beat the game there is a secret sidequest that you can unlock. Maybe you will be able to unlock ganondorf side of the story.

Interesting, interesting. Two games in one... It would be like the same story, but you are the all powerfull ganon. So alot of the challenges would be a bit easier. Also... at the end, would ganon still die or would the story alter a little...

uh yea, I agree with the 'kill lotto baddies, get secret'...that idea is cool...and I agree about more than 5 temples, and I agree that you should be able to unlock a side quest
:D its so coming together

I would have link from twilight princess, leave Tauru village to go on a quest to find his friend (Midna), then get attacked by some wierd kid that looks like a scarecrow wearing an eery... pair of jeans.

Then you fall into another world with someone who looks like Midna helping you out but unfortunately in 3 days the world will be destroyed by... An over extravogant town clock which never got full building safety checks. On his quest Link collects various pairs of Jeans with different powers.

A Jean salesmen encourages you to stop the Evil pair of Jeans which the scarecrow kid stole and make sure the clock doesn't collapse. You then gather some wierd giants with faces in their chests that sound like cows.

You got yourself a Zelda game

Back