Becoming a Mod.

Alright if you guys want to spam take it somewhere else.
As for FR., they are right in saying that it is bad to ask to become a mod.
It's true that I basically did ask, but if your going to simply "apply" for the job, your timing needs to be better.
We currently are in no dire need for a mod, and there are probably 1 or 2 people that each mod knows of that they would recommend. And it's basically safe to say that if we were actually looking for mods, any of us would have first say as to who we want on the team, as opposed to i0n picking lesser-known people.
Thank you for your interest though.
And remember, lots of people want to be a mod simply for the power (which tbh is good), or the credit. So if you really are interested in moderating this forum, I will let you. When you see any posts or threads or members that need "moderating", PM me with your intentions and I'll see if I can take care of it. Problem solved right?

Prez said:
It's true that I basically did ask, but if your going to simply "apply" for the job, your timing needs to be better.
We currently are in no dire need for a mod, and there are probably 1 or 2 people that each mod knows of that they would recommend. And it's basically safe to say that if we were actually looking for mods, any of us would have first say as to who we want on the team, as opposed to i0n picking lesser-known people.
And remember, lots of people want to be a mod simply for the power (which tbh is good), or the credit. So if you really are interested in moderating this forum, I will let you. When you see any posts or threads or members that need "moderating", PM me with your intentions and I'll see if I can take care of it. Problem solved right?

Thankyou, I will.

Prez said:

oh so now FR is the new me prez?! i see how it is.....a new informant ok i get it....im just going to take my power trip somewhere else then! :sniffle sniffle: ;)

no seriously, FR thats what i do. i indirectly mod. if i see something that should be brought to a mods attention (because lets face it, they arent going to click EVERY thread under the forum and because you click it, you cna read something that isnt suppost to be there and report it to prez or vert or mitch or trulen)

however i admit, i sent a PM to i0n. granted i didnt beg but i did ask him about becomig a mod in a highly respectful way. still no response. i dont take it personally at all because this site is busy and active. someone of i0ns status has ALOT to do and to read a 3 paragraph "blurb" if you will on why i should be a mod or anyone else for that matter is time consuming on his behalf.

when he needs mods, im sure hell know jsut the right people to contact. as for now ill just stick to being a member as should you :thumbsup:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
oh so now FR is the new me prez?! i see how it is.....a new informant ok i get it....im just going to take my power trip somewhere else then! :sniffle sniffle: ;)

no seriously, FR thats what i do. i indirectly mod. if i see something that should be brought to a mods attention (because lets face it, they arent going to click EVERY thread under the forum and because you click it, you cna read something that isnt suppost to be there and report it to prez or vert or mitch or trulen)

however i admit, i sent a PM to i0n. granted i didnt beg but i did ask him about becomig a mod in a highly respectful way. still no response. i dont take it personally at all because this site is busy and active. someone of i0ns status has ALOT to do and to read a 3 paragraph "blurb" if you will on why i should be a mod or anyone else for that matter is time consuming on his behalf.

when he needs mods, im sure hell know jsut the right people to contact. as for now ill just stick to being a member as should you :thumbsup:

Actually, your still way more active in your forum policing then some of the current mods. There 11 right now. 5 Active, 2 or 3 that only come on every so often, and 3 or 4 that i haven't even seen in months.
Your definitely one of the first in line if i0n was looking for mods.

Well then, without further adue, it seems that this thread is at it's end. A mod. may lock it.

Cheers.

- FR.

Prez said:
Actually, your still way more active in your forum policing then some of the current mods. There 11 right now. 5 Active, 2 or 3 that only come on every so often, and 3 or 4 that i haven't even seen in months.
Your definitely one of the first in line if i0n was looking for mods.

whats sick is that im close to 1000 posts already....i joined this site in end of december begining of january! :yikes:

i need to get a life ;)

thanks for the compliments, i honestly had no idea i was so active i thought other members were just as active if not more than me.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
whats sick is that im close to 1000 posts already....i joined this site in end of december begining of january! :yikes:

i need to get a life ;)

thanks for the compliments, i honestly had no idea i was so active i thought other members were just as active if not more than me.
Others may be more active, but not in the same way. You truly are the forum cop.

-rolls two pennies into "My Two Cents" machine-

I really don't know how to become a mod. Srsly.
I was just mosing along and BAM, I0n asks if I'd want to be a mod.

Now, me, with less than... 150 posts... Wonder, "Why?"

I still ain't figured it out.

But a tip, I think, for anyone with the prospects of being considered of being thought about being a mod...

Is...

Don't flame/insult anybody or anything. Kinda like the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," deal. (Which I see... 4 people in this thread alone who won't have a chance.)

NOTE: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INSULT AND CONTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

In otherwords, keep your e-pen0r deflated.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I think the mods need to seriously take a look at whats happening on this site and then judge whether things are "okay". I personally know that I try to post relevant things and discuss the issues rather than make up news or dumb posts that shouldn't be made. However I'm also an a$$hole and have low tolerance for idiots so theres no way I could ever deal with being a mod.

As for The Loose Cannon being next in line to be a mod...:wtf:
Nice to know you guys are doing the whole, "Big Brother" routine with us.

MasterJedi2U said:

As for The Loose Cannon being next in line to be a mod...:wtf:

uhm elaborate if you will?

MasterJedi2U said:
All this means is that we recognize her efforts. She contributes a great deal to this forum that not many people actually get to see. She also has great judgment and knows how to deal with people. Mod material am I right?
The "next in line" thing does not actually suggest there is a line...
I'm just saying she would be one of the first considered if we were discussing new mods.

Icetrash said:
Whos care about becoming a mod. We are all here to talk about the best console alive, the Wii, not to become a mod.

that is not the intention of this thread.......

basically its about becomming a mod to help out with wii talk or wii "chat". there are people who flood this forum with spam and trolling and there is a need to eliminate it if you want to talk about "the best console alive, the wii"

just like what trulen said "if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all" :rolleyes:

I agree with you loose. Icetrash is a flamer wherever he goes, and should be banned for his crap that we all have to deal with...grow up boy. Now im not trying to become a mod, "I have enough crap going on..." but I think what trulen said is cool. Dont Flame others in this forum weather you want mod/vip status or otherwise. Although I know that we all respect/fear mods, their just people, and this is just a forum, play your wii if you need to release frustrations, dont flame others...

Back