Becoming a Mod.

Icetrash said:
Whos care about becoming a mod. We are all here to talk about the best console alive, the Wii, not to become a mod.

Without mods. there would be no Wiichat.

FR. said:
Without mods. there would be no Wiichat.

i think he also failed to see that this is in the "site feedback" section of wiichat. ill give him the benefit of a doubt for his stupidity in the comment he made before

Trulen said:
-rolls two pennies into "My Two Cents" machine-

I really don't know how to become a mod. Srsly.
I was just mosing along and BAM, I0n asks if I'd want to be a mod.

Now, me, with less than... 150 posts... Wonder, "Why?"

I still ain't figured it out.

But a tip, I think, for anyone with the prospects of being considered of being thought about being a mod...

Is...

Don't flame/insult anybody or anything. Kinda like the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," deal. (Which I see... 4 people in this thread alone who won't have a chance.)

NOTE: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN INSULT AND CONTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

In otherwords, keep your e-pen0r deflated.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

woohoo i have no chance! nor do i want want. i help where its relevant, i flame when its relevant. its all about having fun!

Last edited:
I'm sure I haven't a chance. I don't flame (I don't think so...), I argue, but I try not to flame. I cuss, not much, but I think that's an automatic out. At least I construct sentences well, help out forum members, and have made some friends along the way. :thumbsup:

P.S. I second the notion of TLC being the #1 candidate for a new mod.

Elmaxo13 said:
who is ion
Listen people, I will say this once and for all: it's i0n!!!! Not ion or iOn! It's i0n, with a zero!

iOn=no
ion=no
i0n=PRAISE THE LORD AND SAY HALLELUJA, YES!

Also, as seen in this post, i'm a little too casual to be a mod, mods seem to always talk a little more...non-personal....then again, there's Mitch. ;)

ssbb_lover said:
Listen people, I will say this once and for all: it's i0n!!!! Not ion or iOn! It's i0n, with a zero!

iOn=no
ion=no
i0n=PRAISE THE LORD AND SAY HALLELUJA, YES!

Also, as seen in this post, i'm a little too casual to be a mod, mods seem to always talk a little more...non-personal....then again, there's Mitch. ;)

i think the phrase youre looking for is "stern but friendly"

you want to be not too much of a hard ass that people will hate you and you dont want to be too nice that youre a push over.

to gain respect you have to earn respect too. i think thats what sets me apart from most of the guys i work with. i listen and can side with both parties and then reach a common ground.

youll notice i do that here quite often and i know some mods do it too

ssbb_lover said:
hey, if someone does something that bugs me, i let them know lol

Mitch2025 said:

ey yo fuggetabouit! in my most NY accent possible which is pretty thick/strong

that mitch, hes a good kid that mitch- hell take care of tings

;)

Mitch2025 said:
Lol, I know. I was just saying that you're the most casual mod, not afraid to go into the games forums every once in a while to post if it REALLY IS fun. I don't go there much anymore...but if a fun game comes up (which isn't often lemme tell ya), hell, i'll play.

i think all of us are really semi mods liek the loose cannon telling a full mod if they see anything that needs to be changed......way to go:cornut:.....no i dont want to be a mod im just telling you guys...or does this sound like i want to withought telling you.....it does but i dont......i should shutup....im dumbb.......iu like pi...not pie but pi

ssbb_lover said:
Lol, I know. I was just saying that you're the most casual mod, not afraid to go into the games forums every once in a while to post if it REALLY IS fun. I don't go there much anymore...but if a fun game comes up (which isn't often lemme tell ya), hell, i'll play.
Yea I personally don't think it makes me look too good as a mod if I acted that way. I believe I have a certain image that I do need to uphold.

Back