Does God exist?

allright any evol-person, what is the orgin of life? what causes the egg in the females womb to live?
I'll let Napalm give a more professional answer, but to my knowledge the most widely accepted theory is that after some of the first generation stars went supernova, the elements that were created in the explosion went on to accrete (or "clump together") into other stars and, planets, etc. and life is a procreation of this process.

In other words, we're literally made of star dust. Tons of evidence to back it up, too, unlike other theories..

allright any evol-person, what is the orgin of life?
We don't know exactly, but there are some promising theories and research out there.

what causes the egg in the females womb to live?
They teach sex education in America, right? You have one half of a DNA molecule from the father in the sperm and another half from the mother in the egg. Once a sperm reaches the egg, the strands fuse into a complete DNA molecule. This DNA "instructs" the fertilised egg to start multiplying itself, and thus, an embryo is formed.

I'll let Napalm give a more professional answer, but to my knowledge the most widely accepted theory is that after some of the first generation stars went supernova, the elements that were created in the explosion went on to accrete (or "clump together") into other stars and, planets, etc. and life is a procreation of this process.
That's not how life itself began, but it's worth mentioning because it explains another common question (namely, how did the planets form?), and it's how the materials for life got here. Originally most of the matter in the Universe was just hydrogen and helium, but in supernovae, heavier elements are formed (due to their tremendous energy). Some of the material from a supernova coalesces into a new star due to gravity, and from there, leftover material slowly "clumps together" into planets, comets, etc. So eventually, you've got a planet and the material which would eventually form life. How non-living matter went to living matter (abiogenesis) like that is still a mystery, but that doesn't mean we'll never figure it out.

Last edited:
That's not how life itself began, but it's worth mentioning because it explains another common question (namely, how did the planets form?), and it's how the materials for life got here.
This is precisely what I was aiming to explain, my apologies. Like you say, the origin of life itself isn't wholly known (yet).

What sciences do you study before going in-depth into abiogenesis besides the seemingly obvious Biology?

What sciences do you study before going in-depth into abiogenesis besides the seemingly obvious Biology?
I would presume you'd need to know organic chemistry and geology (particularly Earth's early geological history).

organic chemistry sounds like something im taking next year. I'm going to look into all of this, I'm already learning from basic-biology :lol:

allright any evol-person, what is the orgin of life? what causes the egg in the females womb to live?

In other words, we're literally made of star dust. Tons of evidence to back it up, too, unlike other theories..

no detailed answer. just as i thought.
and star dust? come on.

and star dust? come on.
An invisible force that overpowers everything else in the universe called "gravity"? Come on.

I wasn't aware that you were a well-taught astrophysicist that has found proof which contradicts physical evidence of this. Please, explain your findings.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/18/1087245072385.html?from=storylhs

It's not that you can cut a person open, pull out a magnifying glass, and say, "Ah, yes, there's a fine bit of star dust there.. " Over the past billions of years, the remnants of stars have accreted and exploded time and time again to form what we're composed of.

Your turn for a detailed answer kthx.

no detailed answer. just as i thought.
and star dust? come on.
First take a look at Tyler's response to you. Also note that Napalm responded and explained Tyler's original response more correctly.

Now go ahead and give me a detailed response as to what makes you think a magical entity in the sky that we can't see, smell, hear, touch, or taste (and all in all just cannot have any contact with other than "prayers" which are responded to about 50% of the time) created life and is maintaining said life at this very moment. If you say that I just have to believe or reference the Bible then I win the thread. If you have sources and have a legitimate response then we'll discuss it more.

@her0: I don't know how else to tell you, so I'll be straight forward:

You suck at debating. A debate requires two sides. Not just one saying "your evidence is BS". If you want to provide good information, be my guest. Otherwise, please quit posting here.

Back