Group-made fan-fic project (If youd like to join by all means!)

Bodine

Sonic expert
Jan 25, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
So me being an RPer, I still itch to have a good RP going. But alas, RP is pretty dead here now, so I propose instead to start a group effort fanfic. Basically if you help we'll alll brainstorm on a topic thread as we go along and post the finished parts on the offical fanfic thread when we are satisfyed with it after the editing, spell checking, and overall story direction. This shouldnt take nearly as much dedication as an RP would to get the same great quality of results. So if you're interested in helping PM me or post here. When we get started, this thread will be used as the discussion thread.

The fan fic I'm working on is a Donkey Kong fanfic that sort of brings a bit more edge, darkness, and realism. I have been thinking of this story for a while and in the light of Donkey Kong Country Returns I decided to put it to work. The title so far is Donkey Kong: Brutal Congo. Set in South Africa it tells a story based loosley on the Donkey Kong Country games for the SNES. Difference being set in the real world playing some time in the past, maybe 1940ish time. The kremlings still play a role, but with them being nothing but actual crocodiles they are not the primary antagonists in the story. Here is the intro I have already typed up that should shed more light on the story. By the by, I wrote it with the intentions of it being narrated by the voice of western actor Samuel White. If you dont know who that is you should try finding a video of him on YouTube or something before reading, it's quite more enjoyable imagining him reading it. :lol:

Intro:

Every part of ther world has it's own legends. Some true, some fantasy. True or not a legend lives forever. A legend often tells a tale of remarkable feats being accomplished by a remarkable hero. One such tale comes to mind when talking of such things. A tale of a guardian, protecting his land from the corruption of an outside world. An evil of the likes of which this land has never seen before.

Long ago, a group of ill-hearted men caught word of a forsaken jungle land hidden in the deepest, darkest part of South Africa. Vicious swamplands, unforgiving terrain, and even deadly flora made it a place where only the bravest of men dare enter. But what was so captivating about this land wasn't the danger, but the rare prize awaiting those in the dirty buisness of poaching.

You see, being a place untouched by man the wildlife thrived in a remarkable way. Living without human interfierance the animals were able to grow several times that of their species normal size. One of these in particular interested these men. The legendary "King of the Crocodiles" or King Cruel as the natives called him. This King Cruel was the largest crocodile to ever walk, swim, or crawl on the earth and would earn insurmountable wealth to it's captor.

Just as things were looking up for these poachers, a word of warning was given to them by the natives. Warning of a "Guardian Spirit" that watched over the land. The natives called it the Kong, the strongest guirella to ever exist and the biggest danger to any man who dare enter and mean harm. You may survive the swamps, you may get by the wildlife, but no man has ever crossed paths with the Kong and returned.

The poachers took the warning lightly, laughing at the thought of a lone ape stopping them from the hunt of their dreams. They have hunted guirella many times before. So many times that they consider them easy prey. They laughed and said that this "Kong" would be as easily killed as a cow or a mule, thus the poachers jokingly dubbed him... Donkey Kong.

Last edited:
bumpity

bumpity bump

Ah, leave the writting to me my man. I just need help on brainstorming ideas. Like characters, characteristics, plot twists, clever ideas, you know, the story in general.

Sounds like something I might be able to do. I take a long time to think of what it is, but I can add on pretty easily after that.

No worries, a project like this has a less commanding commitment requirement. If anybody decides to quit it's all good I just keep it going.

Heh... I'll contribute my fair share of help. Reminds me of the Real Life version of the Jungle Book movie. lol

Yeah, like that but not horrible. And good to see you again Storm. I've been wondering where all of you guys went to.

You bring the whole group with you? lol

You most certainly can Libary911. Once we either get more people to join or I see no one else is we'll start.

Back