Hoenn Confirmed (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

you're clearly just salty about the fact that mega lati@s and mega heracross are a thing.

... why would that make me salty

At least the lack of Life Orb recoil means that being damaged isn't as likely to kill it.

Any passive damage immensely helps faint (M)Sharpedo and its non-existent defenses, as it thus becomes incredibly susceptible to non-boosted attacks from walls, or even resisted priority.

Mega Sharpedo needs at least (over) 90 base Defense to even survive one Power Whip from 0 Attack Ferrothorn.
well yeah, when did I ever imply sharpedo would be beating ferrothorn? It obviously isn't, unless a slightly weakened ferro switches in

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo (150 base attack) Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 144-169 (48 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers

said calc is against a ferro at 85% health

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo (150 base attack) Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 144-169 (40.9 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

against full health ferro. It's worth noting that more specially defensive ferros like this will not be able to switch in at all if weakened

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo (150 base attack) Crunch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 160-190 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Sharpeado needs the rest of the Elemental Fangs with the tutors
It doesn't have to be from tutors, but yeah, though "needs" is an exaggeration. Still,

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Thunder Fang vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 420-496 (106.5 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Thunder Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Fire Fang vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 260-306 (95.5 - 112.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 292-348 (84.8 - 101.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (and that spread isn't even a thing)
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 230-272 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

And just to demonstrate its power even more:

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 204-241 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 141-166 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 183-216 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 168-198 (46.4 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 218-257 (60.2 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It hits nearly as hard as Lorb Terrakion's Close Combat, which is pretty scary. This is using base 150 attack, which I think it's going to have (they suggested attack is its highest boost on the site).

Any passive damage immensely helps faint (M)Sharpedo and its non-existent defenses, as it thus becomes incredibly susceptible to non-boosted attacks from walls, or even resisted priority.
the latter is an exaggeration

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sharpedo: 103-122 (36.6 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

assuming 70/50 defenses, which it is confirmed to have at minimum

Last edited:
So... MSharpedo actually hits hard enough t' justify the unbearable bulk vSharpedo could not.

meh its still ugly

2014-08-18-shell-shock.png

IT LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING

With all of the new Mega Evolutions we got, I thought Game Freak lost its badassery. I'm glad Mega Rayquaza isn't a cartoon toy like some others are.

You'd expect Dragon Ascent to be a Dragon-type move...I really wish they paid more attention to Rayquaza's Dragon-type than Flying-type competitively. Of course, I can't complain about that look, but if its Ability did something like negate Fairy and Ice's super-effectiveness against Dragon, and Rayquaza's new signature move dealt super-effective damage against Fairies, then I would be very happy.

mega rayquaza also reminds me of a hydra

So... you're saying it's not a Primal form?

I wonder how it's all gonna play out.

Mega Beedrill revealed. Get ready for the top of....NU.

corocoro11143.jpg
corocoro11142.jpg
corocoro11145.jpg

Mega Beedrill has Adaptability, which is obviously good for it, but not good enough to make it a gr8 Pokemon. Even with ideal stat boosts, I see it still being entirely outclassed by Scolipede, Mega Pinsir, etc. At least it has Adaptability U-turn to itself. And it looks cool enough.

Mega Pidgeot has No Guard, so I hope they focus its boosts into special attack so it can use Hurricane. I hope they give it Focus Miss too.

Surely I can't be the only one surprised at early bugs and early birds getting megas.

And to everyone's awe and surprise, Latias and Latios happen to have megas. There is a 0% chance that we have known about these since the dawn of time. You can apparently fly around Hoenn on them, which is seemingly the only thing their existence is actually good for. There are islands in the sky where you can catch Reshiram, Palkia, and other legends.

that makes electric and ice, iirc, the only types without any new megas in ORAS so far. Mega Stunfisk here we come

Last edited:
So on Firstlook I got 2 special codes.

One with a Shiny Gengar, holding his Mega Stone.
The other one being way more awesome:

It's a Demo for OR/AS. Everything you get in that demo will be transferred to your game as soon as it releases.
You'll be able to get some Pokémons on there who will be able to Mega Evolve for the first time on that game.

Is anyone interested in buying either of these codes? Maybe with Paypal or something?

[video=youtube;RFvxSvPIw5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c[/video]

Ho-oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom confirmed. Pokenav Plus is the new Poke Radar. Dexnav represents a Pokedex. Arenanav represents a map of some sort. Buzznav is for news, probably like that thing I forgot about that was used for calling in X/Y. Playnav is the new PSS, complete with the actual PSS, Amie, and Super Training.

The following information isn't from the official site, but pictures and Serebii's source (an ORAS demo) seem reliable.

steelglalie.jpg

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. Mega Steelix gets Sand Force and Mega Glalie is pure Ice-type with Refrigerate.

[video=youtube;RFvxSvPIw5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c[/video]

Ho-oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram, and Zekrom confirmed. Pokenav Plus is the new Poke Radar. Dexnav represents a Pokedex. Arenanav represents a map of some sort. Buzznav is for news, probably like that thing I forgot about that was used for calling in X/Y. Playnav is the new PSS, complete with the actual PSS, Amie, and Super Training.

The following information isn't from the official site, but pictures and Serebii's source (an ORAS demo) seem reliable.

steelglalie.jpg

Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. Mega Steelix gets Sand Force and Mega Glalie is pure Ice-type with Refrigerate.
man, gamefreak is really doing a gr8 job with these new mega designs. Only ones I think are meh are mega pidgeot, mega altaria, mega lopunny, and mega lati@s, and save the last one none of them are bad. Admittedly, Mega Steelix's art annoys me for some reason, but it looks fine in game. too bad it is stuck with bloody sand force, unlike garchomp steelix is actually cool and deserved better than that

apparently xy won't be getting a patch for the oras megas, which is nofin less than retarded. who's the genius who decided that? I want to personally congratulate them with a big, shiny trophy of an extended middle finger with the phrase "you suck" engraved in it.

we did it
we hacked the demos

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/
[level up moves]
[egg moves]
[tutor/TM moves]

• there is a 84% chance mega hoopa is really stupid. Assuming it is a mega as opposed to a form
  • mega diance has 50/110/110 bulk...this ***** gets magic bounce, heal bell, light screen, reflect, and stealth rock, and you're telling me to sweep with it?
  • jesus christ mega beedrill's stat buffs, I guess I have no choice but to retract the insults I made before, it'll very likely be ru. Also really surprised at how much they buffed mega pidgeot's sp. attack
  • mega sableye has much higher special bulk than I anticipated...I wish the physical defense was like 10 points higher, but oh well
  • mega sharpedo deserves like 10 more attack, but whatevs, it actually has the ability to take a hit now and still hits about 1.3x as hard with crunch, ice fang, and...poison fang now, because fuck fairies
  • I doubt these are all the megas in oras -- there is only one unova mega and no electric megas, and that just makes zero sense, no?

Last edited:
Back