Is sheik a disappointment compared to other characters?

rofl, don't bother Dark_Void. Sheik isn't cheap because she's (he's?) unbeatable, but because its so easy for a new player to get to a skill level above others trying to use other characters. You can use Sheik all you want, I won't bash you for it. But before you make a comment like that, realize what your saying. We're discussing the game, and the game is obviously not balanced, as you said. But some people like to discuss the matter. Sometimes people just get frustrated when a player that have little skill can use a character so effectively. Sheiks pretty much n00b-proof.

Do I dare start another discusion with Tricks.......................................................................... Of coarse I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Your right you are discussing the game and the game is obviously not balanced but honestly shiek is not as bad as people think she is. Each time I play versus some of my friends I Ban certain moves (from myselfe) to use with him ( I believe she was dressed as a male Sheika in the game). I dont think the matter is Shiek is "easy" to learn because there are all of the special skills that were discoverd, the thing people dont like is she is a killer which fits her title perfet. Ninja's are supposed to be quick and silent killers are they not? makes sence that shiek should be better than slightley slower but stronger charachters untill they are masterd better by players)

Last edited:
in touch with the wii said:
no point she is not gonna be in ssbb
i think the fact that she is an original character and not a clone greatly adds to the fact that she will be in SSBB. plus didnt the creator say that all the SSBM characters will be in SSBB?

I agree with Stoukaph. There are not many characters with the theme that shiek has, also her moves are diferent (not that SOME are omni because most played characters have an omni move or combo) If Shiek is not in SSBB that would really be retarded

Dark Void said:
I dont care about tiers or anything as long as i play a chracter i think is cool
didnt you pick Sheik because she was at the top of the SSBM tier? you probably would have stayed with Young Link if you wouldnt have seen it online...

no not true. I picked shiek before i saw the tiers. During Digi-Pen i knew nothing about the tiers or anything. I didnt actually see the tiers when i was told that she was a cheap character (I did a google search lol) after that i learned a lot more about ssbm, like tiers and stuff.

lol Don't worry I'll never bash you for choosing a high tier Character, and maybe you don't use Sheiks cheaper moves. At a higher level, Sheik is very beatable. But its at a lower level that Sheik is considered cheap. Just look at Dope (Haven't payed attention lately so you might have to look for older stuff.) Look at Dope's combo vid, its retarded. It shows Sheik owning people using the same 3 moves over and over. I believe they were D-Throw, Ftilt, and Dsmash. And the competition isn't bad either. I'll post a link if I find one, but try searching Dope Sheik Combo vid on Youtube or something.

damn right you wont bas me because you use a high tier character yourselfe. Marth is higher on the tier now (I checked smashboards). Il try youtube-ing that video but rest assured that I use all of her moves not just a three move combo. I use a variety. And yes i dont just use shiek i also play as marth recently (about 3 months ago maybe more) i just prefer shiek because of her theme lolz.

Sure Sheik's ninja theme is nice, and my best buddy is head over hills in love with the quick striking abilities of this speedy character... but when I pick Marth, with his also good attack speed and ftilt attacks that give good range of motion with strikes... I put Sheik back in place pretty quick. Not claiming to be the best with Marth or anything. I just fell in love with this particular brand of sword fighter over say Link or Roy... and the range of attack is key + nice counter timing.

shiek is ok, but yes she is a disappointment becauce she is weak and i dont really like A </> because it doesnt kill people.

A </> (Smash across or tilt across)??

Tilts: Its good for racking damage and setting up for a Fair.
Smashes: Just about the same but are a bit laggier than the tilts.

Sheik is not weak at all. 'She' has the best aerial finisher (non spike) compared to many characters such as Falcon's knee and Fox Uair. But what 'she' doesn't have is many technical options at 'her' disposal. All you can do with Sheik is pretty much SHFFL basics ,Zelda transform -> teleport ,needle L cancel and wavedashes.

I think his real name is SSB[CHEAP]MASTER. In that case he would use Ganondorf as his main and just do warlock punch over and over until it hits... Scrub.

she is weak, plus i play as marth and thats my opinion and thats why she is disappointment to me. plus what is her strongest attack and how much %.

Back