Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that many non-Muslims who say: "not all Muslims are terrorists, that's just a stupid thought and is absolutely absurd" try to get on the good side of Muslims and make it seem as if they weren't arrogant and still don't base their knoweledge on the media or television sources. Afterall, the media never says "all Muslims are terrorists", but they go out of their way and do anything in their power to make their audience believe it so--and this gets a LOT of ratings, and overall money. However, this whole concept is a GIVEN. They have simply given the given by saying that, and therefore most points made by them are one step behind--since the idea that all Muslims are terrorists is gone and is common sense to these people and is a given, but it acts as a first step to understanding instead of a prerequisite. Just because you know this (AKA have at least a little knowledge on Islam and a little common sense) doesn't make the person much better, and they are not immediately fairly knoweledgable ON Islam. It shouldn't make us Muslims feel great when people acknoweledge the fact that not all Muslims are terrorists--as it should already be known. The GIVEN should not have to be presented as a first step of educating people.

If you don't get what im saying, then ask away so I can respond and answer. Quote the exact areas/sentences you need "help" in so I could answer you best.

Oh Scrup you're funny and mature now aren't you! Denmark will never get fame out of this war anyways, they are trying so hard to be noticed for their petty efforts. I hear the people there say that they are just as involved with the Iraq war as America is (from my aethiest cousin who lives there; I say aethiest and therefore claim her belief, to promote the idea that her statement wasn't bias according to the religion she was). Besides that, I've read/seen some of your previous posts and they are all marked by ignorance (this is a now rightfully deemed a general term). I hate to use the word over and over again, but everything that attacks or goes against the teachings of Islam is made by ignorance. The points going against it don't have meaning or make sense, because the person who made them would have known better if they just knew the truth about the religion.

Last edited:
zeon9881 said:
you do realise thats offensive n so many ways...

and mohhamed (pbuh) never killed anyone.....man your a moron
thought he had to kill someone in self-defense

[MEDIA]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nRNYG_xM2U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nRNYG_xM2U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
when i said killed i didn't mean the part in self defence i meant as in terrist kind of way....you know terrist kill people cause they think that the quran says to due that but it tottaly says the other thing which is to only kill in self-defence...such as a war or if someone is about to kill you (like raping)etc

well you get it:p sry if i wasn't clear that why i let rpg and otto due the talking

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
I noticed that many non-Muslims who say: "not all Muslims are terrorists, that's just a stupid thought and is absolutely absurd" try to get on the good side of Muslims and make it seem as if they weren't arrogant and still don't base their knoweledge on the media or television sources. Afterall, the media never says "all Muslims are terrorists", but they go out of their way and do anything in their power to make their audience believe it so--and this gets a LOT of ratings, and overall money. However, this whole concept is a GIVEN. They have simply given the given by saying that, and therefore most points made by them are one step behind--since the idea that all Muslims are terrorists is gone and is common sense to these people and is a given, but it acts as a first step to understanding instead of a prerequisite. Just because you know this (AKA have at least a little knowledge on Islam and a little common sense) doesn't make the person much better, and they are not immediately fairly knoweledgable ON Islam. It shouldn't make us Muslims feel great when people acknoweledge the fact that not all Muslims are terrorists--as it should already be known. The GIVEN should not have to be presented as a first step of educating people.

If you don't get what im saying, then ask away so I can respond and answer. Quote the exact areas/sentences you need "help" in so I could answer you best.

I'm sorry I've been off this thread for a while but I've been arguing with gun totin' cops about why gun ownership in the US is contributing to scenes like those in Virginia this week.

I guess your comment could be aimed at me. . . . . I'm not a Muslim and have been trying to correct the wrongful assumptions of others.

BUT, and I feel this is where your statement annoys me, I'm not doing it to "get on the good side of Muslims". I'm doing it because I see something happening that I feel is wrong. I don't care if you like me or what I post!

I'm not interested in your specific religious beliefs. I think that, in the nicest way possible, you are deluded. That wasn't meant to be offensive. I would say the same to a Christian, Jew, Scientologist, Hindu, etc etc. That is my opinion.

What I am bothered about is the labelling of groups of people by the government and the mass media to promote specific responses by the general public, and the promotion of ignorance. In that respect our aims align.

I've recently re-read all 18 pages of this thread and the thing that strikes me is that both sides of the argument (not the neutrals) are determined to prove that the other is wrong. Only the neutrals are trying to say that you all have different beliefs and should learn how to play nicely. Just a thought.. .. ..

Scrup. You are one of the most disgusting people that will sure be punished. And when i say punished, im not just talking about forum mods.

Ive reported that post, but mods never respond. Could someone please ask a mod to delte that post? thanks.

Eh, Doesn't really make sense to me. Christians get this ALL the time. There's a comic strip or television show featuring Jesus every day. The simpsons is a HUGE one....

Not saying you, but the Muslims in Iraq are like, "Hey, look at this comic....It is offensive as a whole to our religion collectively....Lets kill eachother for it...."

Yes it may show Jesus (pbuh) and i wish they wouldnt. Becuase jesus is our prohet also. Hoever they show him with a cross...also it doesnt show him with a bomb on his head.

The muslims are under alot of pressure the christians are not. That cartton of Mohammad (pbuh) was like kicking us when were down. Its similar, yet completely different to your point, if you get what im saying.

Also in Islam you are not supposed to see/draw images of the proht or Allah...s its not the same with the christian thing.

i understand that it is worse for you guys, but this Atheist society is basically attacking ALL religions...

It is also against Christianity to depict pictures of God (how do you draw a spirit anyways) and Jesus...although it is not enforced as much anymore. It falls under the idols. This super white church all depict eve as white and Jesus as white with blue eyes.....It pisses me off.

ottoman said:
Also in Islam you are not supposed to see/draw images of the proht or Allah...s its not the same with the christian thing.

It is my understanding that Islam prohibits the drawing of ANY living, or once living, thing in case these get worshipped instead of god(allah). Is this correct?

not any living thing....just prophets and God...

Its done that way becuase your not supposed to be visuallising an image of god to pray to. Like the older religions with statues of gods and such. God, and Mohammad in particular.

Most holy people in Islam shouldnt be drawn or symbolized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back