ROSTER LEAKED? You Decide

I don't think I trust any of these sources. I think if you want the real facts, go to an official site. This is all just speculation and BS based on little facts here and there.

I'm hoping that last newcomer slot is filled by either waluigi or perhaps eggplant wizard from kid icarus. The fact that Sakurai even mentioned on the Dojo that he did not care about spoilers, I take that as he would leave nothing secret as far as the game was concerned. That means roster as well.

There just isn't' enough time left to suddenly add all those extra characters. Even if they were already in the works we would have heard some confirmation of talks between Capcom and Sakurai just like we did with him and Sega before he official release of Sonic.

Even if the roster ends up being less than Melee, Brawl surpasses Melee on every other aspect. So it really wouldn't mater too much since there is so much more to do in Brawl.

ssbb_lover said:
True, but I think comparing Ridley with Samus is a mistake, for the reason that it seems awkward since they've been in the same game forever. In my opinion, when comparing Mario and Bowser, or Peach and Bowser, it looks really weird. PEACH IS THE SAME HEIGHT AS BOWSER. W. T. F. But, however, when I play with Kirby or Samus (etc.), it doesn't look weird, because there's really nothing to compare the two in the past.
Well, of course that would make it look awkward, that's kinda my point o_O
And I've noticed Bowser is very hunched over in this game so iono how well he can be used for comparison anyways...

ssbb_lover said:
I read that paragraph as if you're stating a fact, when in truth, it's not. It's your opinion. In MY OPINION, I think he looks rather cool, and the fact that that "model" means there is a possibility that Ridley could be in it, even sweeter. I don't think he'd look misplaced one bit tbh. And just because he uses the same moveset in every game doesn't mean he's boring. Counterexample: Charizard has the EXACT same moves every pokemon game (given they add one or two because it's a new game and new moves come along with it, I generally just use the same moveset every game), however I've still *enjoyed* playing with him for what, 8 years? Just because someone always has the same moves doesn't mean they're going to be "boring". I think Ridley could have quite a diverse moveset myself.
Well first off, I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to state a fact. That was 100% my opinion and if you've read my past posts, you'll see that I hate it when people post their opinions as facts, so thank you for pointing that out to me. Now on topic, I'm not talking about his entire moveset being the same, I mean he has so few individual moves with slight variations that it would be difficult to even come UP with a moveset. And as for his appearance, he just looks too evil for the game...most characters have some amount of light-heartedness to them, but Ridley always looks like he's going to chomp your head off o_O

ssbb_lover said:
You know as well as I do that that's a terrible example, S.S. Metroid has had countless games (well, obviously not countless, but I CBA to find how many), and Ice Climbers has like 1. When you talk about adding another Ice Climber character, you're extremely limited, so it's not fair to compare those with one another. And I think Ridley flat out DESERVES the role of Metroid's next representative then anyone in the series. He's consistently been in Metroid games (not everyone, but the majority of them), a main antagonist, is well known, is well liked, and (IN MY OPINION) would be well suited for Brawl. Obviously you think otherwise.
Terrible example, but it's the general idea that I'm talking about. Yes, Metroid has WAY more diversity than Ice Climber, but I was using that as an example as to why his reasoning was flawed. Just because there is only one representative from a series doesn't mean there's now a REQUIREMENT for more.

ssbb_lover said:
He just used the word "****". :/
Yes I know, and as I said before, I have no problem with cussing. But he's never cussed before and his posts are all very n00bish. Put two and two together and he appears to be getting very angry over something so trivial. Perhaps I worded my comment wrong...

Wow, I can't believe so many people don't know Isaac. Only have one thing to say... grab your GBA and play Golden Sun, the best gba exclusive rpg there is.

Smileface said:
Over half of those veteran characters are sadly not coming back.
Sakurai has already announced it.
BUT, Sakurai also said he wasn't going to have the Ice Climbers. But hey! Look who decided to join! The ice climbers!
He also said there will be 3 3d party characters, released in June, then Dec, then Feb.
He changes his mind ALOT, but I don't think it can be changed, since it is already confirmed and the release date is very soon.
he never said he was going to kick ice climbers out.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
I'm hoping that last newcomer slot is filled by either waluigi or perhaps eggplant wizard from kid icarus. The fact that Sakurai even mentioned on the Dojo that he did not care about spoilers, I take that as he would leave nothing secret as far as the game was concerned. That means roster as well.

There just isn't' enough time left to suddenly add all those extra characters. Even if they were already in the works we would have heard some confirmation of talks between Capcom and Sakurai just like we did with him and Sega before he official release of Sonic.

Even if the roster ends up being less than Melee, Brawl surpasses Melee on every other aspect. So it really wouldn't mater too much since there is so much more to do in Brawl.
1. Lets get this straight, guys. The last slot on the Dojo is for an ICON, not a character. There will be plenty more characters on the roster that will share an ICON with an already announced character, but will not take up that spot.
2. There are plenty more characters that Sakurai is DONE with and has yet to announce. Why do you assume that he has shown us everyone thus far and that there could only be more if he were to add them now?

Extra Life Mushroom said:

WALUIGI! REP FOR YOU!

waluigifs5.jpg

balrogs.pa said:
he never said he was going to kick ice climbers out.
He's referring to the radio show that got lots of things wrong right? Yeah, definately NOT what Sakurai actually said...

1. Lets get this straight, guys. The last slot on the Dojo is for an ICON, not a character. There will be plenty more characters on the roster that will share an ICON with an already announced character, but will not take up that spot.
Well, one more character would fill the icon spot AND make the Newcomers' list even o_O

2. There are plenty more characters that Sakurai is DONE with and has yet to announce. Why do you assume that he has shown us everyone thus far and that there could only be more if he were to add them now?
Thank you! I keep saying that, but people seem to assume he's showing us everything and that there's only "x" number of spots on the roster...but Sakurai is smart enough to only give us enough to make us excited, and I'm sure he plans on fitting more characters on the roster than some people give him credit for. At any rate, whether they've been announced or not, I'm sure that the roster is 100% complete, or else the delay would be MUCH longer than February 10th =P

Back