Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update.

1. Starting a match seems very smooth and will not take very long.
2. Can we only do 1v1v1v1? Why wouldn't we be able to request a 1v1 match?
3. Loving the new coin usage.
4. CPU switch sounds good.
5. SAKURAI SAID EPIC!!!! :lol:
6. Good call on just including the hidden online immediatly, Sakurai.
7. Glad he told us where to start incase we don't want to ruin it for ourselves.
MySims said:
um ok...

Thats a terrible idea to have the person be replaced by a computter...

Cause then when ure not, fighting someone u think that u are, which is stupid.
Might I ask how you know who you're playing in the first place?

^ That was hilarious. That's epic!
Anyways check this out.
wi-fi04_071207h-l.jpg

Metanight looks like a friggen dragon! Thats sweet!
Look at that poor ice climber in the distance. I wanted a stage but oh well. Whatcha gonna do right?

Druidan said:
Another "meh" update with interesting tidbits of info. I do like the fact that a computer will take over for dropped players in the "anyone" online brawl.

btw, I really think this game is gonna be huge. much more stuff is hidden than we imagine, I'm sure.

to me, subbing in the CPU for a person makes it almost pointless to go online. how would you even know its a person and not the freakin cpu. i will deff go thru subspace before going online i like how most characters are unlocked through that. gives us an incentive to play more even though we probably already would.

cool Update except for one thing....

"Names won’t be shown and messages won’t be sent"

No headsets today, son

LevesqueIsKing said:
Great update.

1. Starting a match seems very smooth and will not take very long.
2. Can we only do 1v1v1v1? Why wouldn't we be able to request a 1v1 match?
3. Loving the new coin usage.
4. CPU switch sounds good.
5. SAKURAI SAID EPIC!!!! :lol:
6. Good call on just including the hidden online immediatly, Sakurai.
7. Glad he told us where to start incase we don't want to ruin it for ourselves.

Might I ask how you know who you're playing in the first place?

I think he's personally watching us to spite me in every way possible, so, uh...

Yeah, sure Sora would be great for this game!

:shifty:

good update
why:
easy battles
comp subs without delay
fun fun fun
bad update
why:
name wont be show=== gay we need to make taunt list so we know who we are playing=D
no messages
thats about all i can remember atm its getting late

samXcor3 said:
to me, subbing in the CPU for a person makes it almost pointless to go online. how would you even know its a person and not the freakin cpu. i will deff go thru subspace before going online i like how most characters are unlocked through that. gives us an incentive to play more even though we probably already would.
And what happens when you're playing 1v1 and the other person lags out? You just...stand there? Yeah, good call Sakurai.

bilzar said:
cool Update except for one thing....

"Names won’t be shown and messages won’t be sent"

No headsets today, son
They wouldn't be compatable 'with anyone' anyway, its still a possibility.

Well think he did the best he could considering all the safety protocols they most likely placed on the game in order for it to go wi-fi..

There will be no headsets. I'm sorry to tell you this but it just won't happen. They would have confirmed or hinted about them being in development or being packaged with "upcoming games" during e3 or E4A had that been the case.

Why would you release such a monumental tool for online gaming and not give the populous any warning first? If no one sees it coming then no one can make plans to buy it and the respective titles it works with.

If we don't even get a text chat function in game except for one-liners amongst friends then we're damn sure not getting the option of full fledged voice chat.

The only way this will ever happen is if they release one after Brawl launches and patch the servers with a firmware update. However it is highly unlikely this will happen any time soon.

Since Reggie and Co. have turned their noses to the hardcore crowd in favor of wholesome casual family fun; We are probably going to be unnoticed by Ninty 1st party developers for a while.
Only in the middle to the end of this generation will he realize that the casual gamer has an attention span like a 3 year old..and just like those Billy Blanks tapes they spent $80 on last year for that weight loss new years resolution, the wii will soon fade from their lives a they get more busy with the family and life in general.

They won't stay committed to gaming and their wii's family fun appeal won't last but maybe a year tops. With that said I guarantee those wii's bought as 'family fun' casual consoles will gather dust sooner than you think.

So what are you saying, 1-up? That we should wage war on the casuals?

Right now, since Nintendo considers both to be a mass-market instead of two separate markets, we can't tell who is who.

We know casuals make up a large percent of the Wii's market, but not how much that really is.

So when the casuals inevitably bail out, the remaining market will be-...

Elementary, Watson.

"It's a bomb!"

My point was that until the casuals bail we will take a back seat in nintendo's priority list.
They are still promoting wii fit, and when confronted about how we feel ignored he pretty much said "suck it up. we game you SMG, and Corruption, and soon your have Brawl (with child-proof safety locks YAY ^_^!*in referrence to friend codes and total anonymity and lack of communication*)

We were told basically you'll get what we feed you and like it, meanwhile we prepare a feast for the casual crowds.

He's leaving the creativity up to the third party developers who are more interested in shoving out crap and making a buck than they are in developing a great gaming experience when it comes to the wii.

Take for example the wii balance board, and how it could provide even further motion sensing abilities to FPS games. But that most likely won't happen or if it does it will probably by a half hearted attempt.

If I could get a 360 with guarantee that it would never red-ring on me, then I'd most likely turn my wii into a secondary console.

There is only so much neglect a person can take before they stop trying for attention and support. We support and defend this company time and time again, and in the end we get told we don't truly matte anymore. That they're too "scene" to be a closet phenomenon for their devoted anymore. If things don't happen soon I may return Nintendo's cold shoulder approach.

They seem to forget where they came from. They need us more than we need them and the sooner they realize this the better. When their flash in the pan casual craze fades away, then will we accept them back with open arms?

We shall see.

Last edited:
Yeah, Sora Would Be Nice In Ssbb. But Ssbb Are Still Missing Valuable Characters,fromgames Like Rampage, Banjo Tooie And Even Earth Worm Jim. These Games Famouse Back In The Day. I Think If Nintendo Put Ness In Ssbm. Then They Should Make Banjo And Kazooie In The Brawl. Is Ness Even In The Ssbb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back