Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
well Frogger you have just been added to my genius´ list, I didn´t even know you played Smash... have we told you about our Smash site? I´d love to fight against or alonside with you.

{Axtlár} said:
well Frogger you have just been added to my genius´ list, I didn´t even know you played Smash... have we told you about our Smash site? I´d love to fight against or alonside with you.

Is this your smash site or the dojo...If its yours id like to hear where to find it:yesnod:

I'm sure this theory as been brought up before but I'm not in the mood to read through 40 pages of posts... so, yeah.

Does anyone else here think that the delay was to add headset support? I mean it would make complete sense. Endless Ocean was delayed a little while ago and now so was brawl. We know they both have online (Brawl a little more extensively than Endless Ocean) and both are in dire need of headset support.

I mean, even some of the updates have been hinting towards some sort of headset support since the delay. I'm not sure if the online home run derby would even work without headset support. I mean, for the simultaneous derby, it would be execptionally hard to be able to work together to hit that sandbag far distances without being able to choreograph your moves with your buddy. More than just online brawl and online co-op, this mode needs headset support.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various08.html

Alright, when they mention online home run contest under that 4th headline, and Sakurai says that "Although it doesn't look like it, this is an online match"
I just feel something is up.

Why can't you tell? There's got to be some reason why you can't. Because in regular online play, you can easily tell that you're online. I mean, easily...

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

^See the names above the brawlers. Yeah, you can tell...

So, why is it? I have two theories:

The first is that the idea of online home run derby just kind of sprung up out of the ground when they decided to throw in headset support. And they aren't far enough into development in that mode to have it look online and Sakurai is just lying about that screenshot. Which seems the most plausible.

The other is that they couldn't show us a true screenshot of Home Run Derby because it gives something away. Maybe some sort of headset pic in the corner or text boxes or something along those lines. A little more farfetched. But still believable IMO.

I don't know, maybe you have different opinions on why there was the delay. But I have one more theory. What is that fourth pink blur under Snapshot mode? I mean, although the most likely thing has got to be an edit picture mode, I think I wouldn't rule out some sort of chat feature or something along those sorts. I doubt it, but, right now there is nothing you can truely rule out.

Sounds reasonable Nic7...that would be awesume if that was the reason...I wanna hear what you guys all sound like :)

You have no idea how much I hope you are right, nic, but something still tells me that Nintendo won't make it happen.

I think it only natural for them to allow headset support either out of the box or with a down loadable content update in the future. The catch being only registered friends will be allowed to use it.
The reason behind this theory? The fact that you have total anonymity when playing against random people, but are allowed communication with friends to a certain extent.
Why not go all the way with it? It may cause a bit of lag if its unpolished by the final release but, I think most of us would be willing to accept that. Also if its only for use with registered friends then we won't have to worry about winy random 9 year olds complaining after every KO. (Halo anyone?)

The biggest hurdle that we face in terms of headset support is the safety concerns for younger kids. That is most likely the reason they may hold off on the voice chat (if they decide to do that).

Nintendo promised its audience that they would take a more proactive approach to the older, more mature gamers out there. But they neglect the fact that people want to be totally involved in their gaming experiences. They want to be able t communicate as much as possible; not only with their gaming environments, but with the characters in those environments as well. Be them NPC or another person from across the globe.

What is the point of online gaming if we are short changed on the amount of interaction with the other players? Why not just play against a max level cpu if that's the case?

I mean there is infinite potential for nintendo to absolutely own the online gaming market if they did it right. (Red Steel 2+Online+headset+full body motion sensing via balance board&wiimote, anyone?)
But there are stumbling blocks like the issue of child safety and such that need to be addressed first and foremost before any of these great features can be put into practice.

Last edited:
Oh god I hope so Nic but I really can't trust that Nintendo will make this kind of thing happen.

edit:
The reason behind this theory? The fact that you have total anonymity when playing against random people, but are allowed communication with friends to a certain extent.
Why not go all the way with it? It may cause a bit of lag if its unpolished by the final release but, I think most of us would be willing to accept that

qft

I think he said "quoted for truth" I don't know, it's just the first thing that came to my mind

E for all started today.. so cross your fingers about the headset guys, personally i think they will release a headset. nintendo is always talking about how they want to make this game pretty much to perfection, and half the audience is demanding a headset (they must know by now :S). a headset would complete this game to ultimate perfection :p.
about the updates, didnt like it too much, meowth is ust a pokeball and the controls for smash werepretty predictable (but probably useful for those attending e for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back