Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
^You think that all three characters from the Kirby series will be starters? Honestly?

This is taken from NSider 2...
-NyaseNya on the Smash Boards said Sonic would be revealed at the Nintendo Conference
- BlueWave on the Smash Boards then said Sonic would indeed be revealed at the conference, as well as on the DOJO that day. He also said Brawl would be playable at E for All. A few days later, both of those came true.

Later, BlueWave then said all of this stuff:

- He then said the starting roster is this: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Fox, Pit, Yoshi, Ike, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Captain Falcon, and Animal Crosser.
- Said Captain Olimar is an unlockable
- Said the blurred out part of the Snapshots update is for a possible option to be able to vote on snapshots through the new voting channel Nintendo announced at their conference (I think they're referring to the demo channel, where you can also vote on demos, or maybe referring to the everybody votes channel)
- Jigglypuff and Marth return for Brawl as unlockables
- King Dedede is an unlockable in Brawl
- Mega Man is the third and final third party character in Brawl and will be unlockable. It is very possible that Mega Man will be revealed at the beginning of December, but it's possible he will be revealed earlier.
- Ridley is in the game, but in what form (Character, Boss, AT), he doesn't know.
- Lucario is in the game, but like Ridley, he doesn't know in what form he will be in Brawl.
- Break the Targets returns
- They are looking into a feature where you could trade trophies online, though they're not sure whether it will actually happen or not.
- The Paper Mario series will be represented in the from of an Assist Trophy, though which character from the series it will be is unknown.

For clarification, BlueWave did NOT predict that the Mario Circuit stage would be updated recently, that was someone on these forums.

He claims he has a source within Nintendo, but can't talk specifics. I don't know what to believe. He was right about a few things, and the rest seems likely.

:yikes: What he said was true. In that case I can't wait to play as Captain Olimar, I even created a moveset for him :)

^You've been posting that all over the place. Next time just tell us about it and if somone requests that it be posted than post it.

All of that guy's predictions are highly likely. I still don't know whether to believe it or not, but I want to believe it for sake of Cpt. Olimar.

i thnk there wud be unlockables.. but.....

how wud that work for online?

it wud be kind of unfair for someone fighting other dudes that they never use before

Cpt.Olimar:rolleyes:

Do we expect a true leak to happen this time round?

LevesqueIsKing said:
^You think that all three characters from the Kirby series will be starters? Honestly?
I didn't expect it, but Sakurai tends to do the unexpected. He can do what he wants to both Kirby and Smash Bros. I'm not going to jump to conclusions. We don't have anything to go off of except the assumption that Sakurai wouldn't make all three Kirby characters starters, which isn't that ridiculous. There's three starter Mario characters...maybe Kirby just won't have an unlockable. I don't see any definite information that guarantees DeDeDe is an unlockable, or anything that even suggests it.

balrogs.pa said:
i hope he's a starter, i wanna fight mano y mano/girlo, hammer v hammers. dede de vs ice climbersz...

mano y mano actually means hand and hand, not man and woman.

The Fear said:
I didn't expect it, but Sakurai tends to do the unexpected. He can do what he wants to both Kirby and Smash Bros. I'm not going to jump to conclusions. We don't have anything to go off of except the assumption that Sakurai wouldn't make all three Kirby characters starters, which isn't that ridiculous. There's three starter Mario characters...maybe Kirby just won't have an unlockable. I don't see any definite information that guarantees DeDeDe is an unlockable, or anything that even suggests it.
Of course the Mario series has more than three starters, thats hardly a debate.

Now tell me this: Is every single character from the Mario series a starter? I didn't think so :wink:

Frogger said:
My hopes for Roy are pretty much dying out, and I'm not liking it.
if you look at some ike videos it seems like their movesets are almost the same. he has the same charge up to explosion attack, thats all i care about.

phillepino said:
i thnk there wud be unlockables.. but.....

how wud that work for online?

it wud be kind of unfair for someone fighting other dudes that they never use before

thats not really unfair i dont think. what would not be fair is playing online, then seeing someone use a character you didnt know was in the game.

can anyone tell me how to quote multiple people in one post?

Yeah, but if they don't have a fast fighter from Fire Emblem I'll be kinda pissed ...>.> Marth was one of my favs. from Melee, I'd at LEAST like to see him return.

I think he will, I don't see them getting rid of anyone with a unique moveset from melee, but still....

I just got on the dojo, and yes, finally a good update! King Dedede will be Pwnsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back