Smash Bros Site Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
LevesqueIsKing said:
Now tell me this: Is every single character from the Mario series a starter? I didn't think so :wink:
Fine, fine. That was a stupid idea.

But there is no information at all that suggests King DeDeDe is unlockable! Nothing! Nothing at all! Just a random guess! Just a unsupported idea! I've seen so many people assume stuff and then be proven wrong. What is one solid piece of evidence shown on the site that suggests anything.

Assume. What three words are in assume? ;)

This is taken from NSider 2...
-NyaseNya on the Smash Boards said Sonic would be revealed at the Nintendo Conference
- BlueWave on the Smash Boards then said Sonic would indeed be revealed at the conference, as well as on the DOJO that day. He also said Brawl would be playable at E for All. A few days later, both of those came true.

Later, BlueWave then said all of this stuff:

- He then said the starting roster is this: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda/Sheik, Kirby, Meta Knight, Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Samus, Fox, Pit, Yoshi, Ike, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Captain Falcon, and Animal Crosser.
- Said Captain Olimar is an unlockable
- Said the blurred out part of the Snapshots update is for a possible option to be able to vote on snapshots through the new voting channel Nintendo announced at their conference (I think they're referring to the demo channel, where you can also vote on demos, or maybe referring to the everybody votes channel)
- Jigglypuff and Marth return for Brawl as unlockables
- King Dedede is an unlockable in Brawl
- Mega Man is the third and final third party character in Brawl and will be unlockable. It is very possible that Mega Man will be revealed at the beginning of December, but it's possible he will be revealed earlier.
- Ridley is in the game, but in what form (Character, Boss, AT), he doesn't know.
- Lucario is in the game, but like Ridley, he doesn't know in what form he will be in Brawl.
- Break the Targets returns
- They are looking into a feature where you could trade trophies online, though they're not sure whether it will actually happen or not.
- The Paper Mario series will be represented in the from of an Assist Trophy, though which character from the series it will be is unknown.

For clarification, BlueWave did NOT predict that the Mario Circuit stage would be updated recently, that was someone on these forums.

He claims he has a source within Nintendo, but can't talk specifics. I don't know what to believe. He was right about a few things, and the rest seems likely.

all of his previous predictions were right

YES! People have pointed that out already... But everyone can pull out predictions and say they got it from a source at Nintendo.

Hey, I heard Jak's gonna be in it. Shigeru told me

See, anyone.

naisatoh said:
True.. I've never played Crystal Shards, so I don't know the circumstance behind Kirby and Dedede's partnership. Is there any sort of exchange before they join forces?

You know I don't remember very vividly since I was a child at the time, but I recall in a certain level where there's a wall blocking the pass, that Dedede suddenly arrives and tells Kirby (with gestures) to hop on his back and so the player now has control over him and can destroy the wall with his hammer, so I suppose their alliance dates back to a previous Kirby game.

JerryC said:

Why? When did this update say that Dedede wasn't an unlockable. Besides sakurai did say that all characters will be revealed on the dojo. And that third party characters are unlockable. And snake and sonic are on there. So yeah.

Yeah and that guy probably wrote those "predictions" yesterday or the day before; the day you all discovered the link or whatever, I'm sorry but I don't beileve it.

Why? When did this update say that Dedede wasn't an unlockable.

It didn't and besides hes trying to say he IS an unlockable. Also notice that Dedede had the Warning! Challenger Approaching.

You usually get this message when your aboout to fight an unlockable in the last SSB's. And since Link or Mario didn't have this message when they were announced on the Dojo and if we are to assume that they would be starting characters like they were for the previous two games then I think that would say King Dedede would be an unlockable.

Yeah and that guy probably wrote those "predictions" yesterday or the day before; the day you all discovered the link or whatever, I'm sorry but I don't beileve it.

Nah i remember someone posted this a few days before Sonic was announced

JerryC said:
It didn't and besides hes trying to say he IS an unlockable. Also notice that Dedede had the Warning! Challenger Approaching.

You usually get this message when your aboout to fight an unlockable in the last SSB's. And since Link or Mario didn't have this message when they were announced on the Dojo and if we are to assume that they would be starting characters like they were for the previous two games then I think that would say King Dedede would be an unlockable.

I know that Deded will most likely be unlockable. But you bolded the statement in that list of predictions and said that all of his previous statements are true. Which leads me to believe that you are saying that the bolded one is false. Which it is most likely true.

Hii everyone Its been awhile since I've posted

Do yall ever wounder how the Adventure mode will be. If we like do a multiplayer Adventure with someone you meat up with in your quest lets say a wii friend. But yall soon go your separate ways and then meat up with another wii friend thats port of your storyline. And then you and the person you started out with meat back up and continue your quest until you have to separate again. I no it mite look or sound crazy but just think on it.

JerryC said:

or you could say it's from the direct source and say smashboards

BUT

bluewave made a thread that he made all that stuff up, maybe he did maket hat stuff up or maybe he does actually have connections with nintendo and said that stuff so he could go have the radar

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121959

link said:
I think it's time for the truth, which of course, many of you smartly believed. I have NO source, I made it all up. I just took up what NyaseNya was saying and went with it. Is NyaseNya lying or not? I don't know. I was just as surprised as anyone else when Sonic was revealed on Wednesday and I was even more surprised to see I was right about the Brawl demo at E for All. I tried to predict certain aspects of Brawl, but as time went on, it became harder. I can't guess what Sakurai is thinking, trust me, it's hard. I mean, who would have thought we'd get a PictoChat stage?

It was all a lie. Megaman, Captain Olimar, Animal Crosser, trading trophies online, etc.... all lies. Why? I know it was wrong, but you have to admit, it gave everyone something to discuss. I noticed that there were much fewer topics on the Nook Wars and other highly debated things. But now I must say, I too have gotten sick of it, and so I shall end it. And for those that remember BrawlMessenger, a so called "prophet" from a while back, that was me as well. No, I am not the guy from Starmen.net, whoever that is they are reliable. And McAster, who works at Jeux-France, who said that wavedashing is not in Brawl once he played it at the Nintendo Media Summit 07, is very reliable.

Just wanted to clarify those few points. I'm sorry to those whose hopes I brought up, but hey, what I said is likely stuff, so it's possible it's all in. And so, that's that. I must say I'm surprised anyone believed me at all, especially after I switched my predictions from Tom Nook to Animal Crosser. And one last thing.

My username is BlueWave, but why? I was hoping someone would catch it as a hint that I was lying. A while back, before the name Wii was revealed, the name BlueWave was rumored. Who started the rumor? Me. BlueWave was an awesome name, it went along with Nintendo's blue ocean theory and referenced the blue light on wii. Well, obviously that was fake, but it seems no one made that connection. Oh well. So yea, just thought I'd clear that up. Smash fans have better things to speculate on now, including the mysterious surprises hinted at the end of the newest Nintendo Power magazine and the DS icon on the DOJO site. Farewell.

EDIT: And if anyone was curious, I'm 17 and am a college freshman. I live in Virginia. Don't believe everyone on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back