Super Smash Bros. 4

Will I'm playing pretty competetively with my best friend often. And yeah, for some we are more happy than others, but I guess I shouldn't say tier list. Just some characters who're easier to figure and and to play with 1v1 VS someone who's harder to play as, like DK or Link, then we're happy if we beat the other one.

The Tornado was the reason why I didn't want Meta Knight to return at all at first, that's how much I hated it, lol. But he looks cool and original and has a sword, so he has my approval after all. (Which he totally needs of course)

Sounds like I'm gonna play as Link today ;D

I'm sticking with Ike for now (and Marth for second, long live the Fire Emblem),[STRIKE] but who knows?[/STRIKE]
Hold on to that proud burning pride. I mean, you're free to play whoever, you just never know who might get cut next time.
Link purist for life when the chips are down. No matter the tier list.
Y/TLink included? No way I could just play one character competively. You need a backup.
--------------------

Patriotic Uncle [strike]Sam[/strike] Mario? He's not even...... can I get Cape Mario as a costume?

Also found my Wii, Trago. Once I figure out how to set it up (and update?), practice some more, and register a friend code, maybe we can play. However, I've no idea where the sensor bar is. I forgot I need that to navigate the menu...

Y/TLink included? No way I could just play one character competively. You need a backup.

I play ever character in every game semi competitively, but I made a strict rule to avoid tink, hate that prick... but I do kind of have a pocket top tier in each game... only ever played my brawl one though, second from the bottom just can't handle MK (johns).

So... bananas; they solve everything.

Based on the current revealed fighters, what will everyone be maining? I'm interested in seeing what Pacman plays like. No, I don't feel like looking at fighter reveal videos for that.

Not sure about "maining" but my top picks so far are Link, Sheik, Mario, Peach, (my top picks of the previous games excluding the not-yet-revealed Ness), Pit (for the revamp and upgraded VA), Palutena, Villager, and Megaman. I'll probably throw in a little bit of Manly Ike here and there too.

Also WiiAssassin, I don't know how long it's been there but I JUST saw the first Spoiler Tag in your signature, and I was cracking up so hard at that! Probably laughed a lot more than I should have.

That's not how it works.

In short, a top tier character's viability only matters when that player is MLG-pro-tourney winner level of skill. 'Less said character is as bullshit-broken as Meta Knight, whom is ****ing unpunish-able... Casuals and semi-competitive players can't utilize the strategies that make a character top tier because they're not the ones puttin' in 8 hours a day to figure out and/or subsequently master these retardedly good strategies.

Another important fact is that a bad character can still have positive match-ups against top-tier characters. Squirtle allegedly bodies Ice Climbers.

Also recall my mention of how "casual play tier lists" are technically a thing. A competitively top tier character might be absolutely garbage in casual tiers due to complete reliance on, say, a bundle of advanced techniques, something not seen in casual play 99% of the time. Snake would be a good example of that.

Everyone take a moment to look at the username this quote originated from. This quote is why the "King" part is there.

Last edited:
I'll also likely play Marth. Love 'em in Melee and P:M, enjoyed 'em in vBrawl. Who knows, maybe I'll even main 'em in due time. respect da tiara

And yeah, for some we are more happy than others, but I guess I shouldn't say tier list. Just some characters who're easier to figure and and to play with 1v1 VS someone who's harder to play as, like DK or Link, then we're happy if we beat the other one.

Ah, I catch your meanin'. Though, DK is a hilariously simple and easy t' learn character... B-air to win.

I'm gonna play as Link today ;D

+1

Everyone take a moment to look at the username this quote originated from. This quote is why the "King" part is there.

Why thank you... though the King part'a my username is actually just a reference to long-gone (but fondly remembered) member Smash King.

Sounds like the most populair veterans are Marth, Ike, Link and Sheik so far :D
(Sword characters ftw)

According to the SSB4 Facebook page, a new character will be revealed next Monday via a stream on the site. Specifically, at 7:00 am PDT.

Sceptile!

Because... We have a recently been give a look at the new Mega Evolution for Sceptile, plus we already have a Fire starter from gen 1 and a Water starter from gen 6. So gen 3,4 are in the middle and I don't see A missive four footed patch of land as a playable character.

Let it be, let it be.

He also said something about this being one of the last new character reveals though... So maybe he was right when he said that there won't be much more characters than in Brawl...

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I kinda want the new character to be Tamagotchi

Ness will not be a character I will be playing often, because I'm not use to this jump/recovery/aerial game.
When I played him in Mother, I always feel homesick. He's a fleshed out persona that's quite relatable.

I think I may be sticking with Marth *grumble No Roy... grumble* and Ike depending on how they handle. Kirb is always a third option, with Cap'n and TLink not far behind.
Maybe I should make a Mii that resembles Roy lol

*Coughmother2cough*

Back