Super Smash Bros. 4

Do I even want to ask why Shulk was in his underwear at one point that it was so prominent they needed to make a costume of it?

Do I even want to ask why Shulk was in his underwear at one point that it was so prominent they needed to make a costume of it?
Well it's just what he looks like if you unequip all his armor (with the exception of his shoes which are like his swimming shoes.) His underwear is also counted as the same as his default swimming trunks, which were actually decent equipment for a short time when you got them.

So I guess the concept was just funny to Sakurai, could even be a popular Shulk topic in Japan, definitely haven't heard many make much talk about his swimsuit/underwear here. Needless to say though I'll still be using that costume alot for the pure silliness. I'll need to get someone who likes Zero Suit to put her in her Zero Mission gym clothes so we can do minimal wear team battles.

Shulk looks awesome. can't wait to try him out. especially his different abilities. if splash is right, I agree that he can be a top character. still going to try out greninja first for new character and ike for veterans.
concerning the new 3ds (ll), i'm not sure if I heard right, but the new handhelds are not backwards compatible, correct? oh, and is there a xenoblade chronicles game coming out for the 3ds? if, might get that along with awakening
Captain, check my sig.
Tragonight, if you're willing, add me for smash 3ds as well.

tumblr_nb37p9Rqk81rxw8q2o1_500.png

Sakurai said:
There are so many other games out there which are geared to tournaments. It is important for us, however, to maintain the game’s status as a kind of ‘rough’ party game in which anyone can play without feeling too much pressure over winning or losing. We therefore want to keep a nice balance in which a wide variety of events can occur in the game, some of them quite outrageous. With this, Smash Bros. isn’t just a fighting game, it is an opponent-based action game.
+1 for us

looks to me like he's calling it a hybrid fighting game

Last edited:
By the way, I cancelled my pre-order for the 3DS after all.
I'm gonna wait for the New 3DS XL to release and give you guys a chance to train on the 3DS, so you have a slight chance of beating me on the Wii U version :3

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlk_hY9ow

Sakurai: Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!

Heropon. Get your facts straight, Sakurai. But it's good that Riki can now be in two places at once.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlk_hY9ow

Sakurai: Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too.
By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!

Heropon. Get your facts straight, Sakurai. But it's good that Riki can now be in two places at once.
I wouldn't say that it's as sloppy as him "being in two places at once" -- as you can see in my banner, the stage isn't visible during Shulk's final smash, so there can't be two Rikis on screen at the same time.

....actually, fuck that, the Heropon has clearly mastered the art of duplication. Teach us, mighty heropon Riki.

I wouldn't say that it's as sloppy as him "being in two places at once" -- as you can see in my banner, the stage isn't visible during Shulk's final smash, so there can't be two Rikis on screen at the same time.

....actually, fuck that, the Heropon has clearly mastered the art of duplication. Teach us, mighty heropon Riki.

I don't know I'm still conflicted about Riki being in two places at once, because then what about Reyn? We need Reyn to call everyone a buncha jokers! I was expecting a Reyn or
Fiora
Assist Trophy and now I can't be too sure of that anymore... :frown5:

I don't know I'm still conflicted about Riki being in two places at once, because then what about Reyn? We need Reyn to call everyone a buncha jokers! I was expecting a Reyn or
Fiora
Assist Trophy and now I can't be too sure of that anymore... :frown5:

Riki is a mascot character, which are always popular in Japan. Japanese version of Reyn essentially has no personality at all aside from being a meat head. No Reyn Time or jokahs. No memorable quotes, so they don't see what's so great about him.

Back