The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damnit, I wanted to be the first on the Nuzlocke Hall of Fame. :lol: Looks like I'm putting off my Single/No Item/Unevolved in a race to the finish with ya, bro. :p Challenge Accepted!

You sure you want to do a single/nuzlocke with a normal type... ? When I mentioned yesterday that a single/nuzlocke is only near impossible, I think this extends to indeed being impossible. Rock types are simply gonna beat ya out early game; unless you breed some legit moves to deal with 'em, anyways. And if you can breed somethin' like that, you're best off choosing your own generation.

So yeah, I'll be beginning my Single/No Item/Nuzlocke very soon on my Black, with Electivire.

Anywho time for a...
Challenge Update!​

Now that I've got Rhyhorn leveled up a bit, I'm ready to go destroy things. Rock types aren't exactly bad early on in the game, after all. Off from Violet City to Union Cave!

Things went as per normal. Though, a Hiker with an Onix caused a few minutes of mashing A. A Nerd with a Slowpoke caused me a bit of panic admittedly, but Water Gun just BARELY (by like, 2 HP) missed being a 3-hit KO. I killed it in one Rock Blast and a Horn Attack anyways.

Into Azalea, met up with Kurt, and returned to the Slowpoke Well. Crushed Team Rocket like the bugs (or, Caterpie, rather) that they are. Rhyhorn is only lv. 17 at this point, so taking on my rival's Croconaw would be foolhardy, so off to Bugsy's gym instead.

Horn Attack killed every trainer's Poke in one shot, except for a Beedrill (not a threat anyways), so it was smooth sailing. Well, until I got paralyzed on the ONE attack I hit a Paras with... ****in' effect spore. First time I encounter effect spore, I get status'd. -_- The last two trainers for a double battle will hardly be a problem anyways, so I go to fight 'em.

"Go Rhyhorn! Use Horn Attack (... again)!". Nope, paralyzed... REALLY game? First chance to be paralyzed I am, and then the first time I might be unable to move, it happens? Troll harder.

"Use Horn Attack!". "Rhyhorn was unable to move!" ... AGAIN?! -____-

"Rhyhorn was unable to move!"

FOUR TIMES IN A ROW! ALREADY!! ARE YOU ****IN' KIDDIN' ME?!?!

3ds-trollface.jpg

"Foe's Ledyba used Supersonic!"

... whatno

"Rhyhorn became confused!"

NO!!! D:<

To my surprise, the Horn Attack got through; unfortunately, I was targeting Spinarak the turned I got confused. One down, at least...

Here we go... ;_;

"Rhyhorn hit itself in confusion!"

T______T

"Rhyhorn used Horn Attack!"

FINALLY ARRRGGGHHHHH WORST GYM TRAINER EVER! Why does this always happen to me...

Some venting and a Pokemon Center later (not after Youngster Joey decides to call about his top-percentage rodent... -_-), I return to this now-hated gym for my battle with Bugsy. I completely forgot he sends out his Scyther first, but after it's leer a single Rock Blast hit dropped it like nothin'. His Tackle-ing Metapod and Kakuna fell just as easily to a Rock Blast, in that order. The double battle with two gym trainers was harder than the leader... -_-; Either way, Hive Badget get.

To end the session, I thought I'd take on my rival. Out comes Ghastly. However, I'm not stupid; I know it has Curse, so I switch off to my Weedle to take it... And then it uses Mean Look instead. ._. THEN it uses Curse. :lol: Since I can't switch, I decide to String Shot it so Rhyhorn can outspeed. Two Licks later, Weedle's down. Rock Blast hits, and Ghastly is done. Out comes Rhyhorn's bane; Croconaw.

Rock Blast doesn't KO-- "****!". Luckily, it uses Scary Face. Rhyhorn somehow survives Water Gun the next turn, hits the second Rock Blast, and levels up in the process of KOing it (leaving Rhyhorn with 16 HP)... Wow, my luck turned around after that awful paralysis. Out comes Zubat, hardly a threat.

... Until it hits with Supersonic. -_____- But thank the lord, Rhyhorn doesn't blast itself with rocks, and manages to off Zubat without a hitch. NO WHITE OUT WEWT! I've never seen so much good AND bad luck in one session. Off to the Pokemon center, and then save.

Team:

Rhyhorn, lv.20.
Moveset: Horn Attack, Rock Blast, Fury Attack, Stomp

Weedle: Caught to help catch a Bellsprout.

Bellsprout: HM Slave for Flash and Cut

Rattata: Caught for Rock Smash (it is required eventually, right?)

Togepi Egg: Never refuse an in-game egg... It could be shiny, who knows. >_>

Last edited:
@SSBfreakCK

I know how you feel with that.
I believe I'm to thank for the combined nuzlocke challenge

@rseradish

Glad to see there is crazy people like me out there, good luck with your challenge. You will need it.

So onward to my next challenge. I will take on the single nuzlocke no items challenge. Have played around and I'm planning on using a Dragonite for my challenge. Just bred one with Outrage and dragon dance, this will help a lot. Will be using Black

Last edited:
After procrastinating a while, here's an update. Typed rather lazily, of course.

Current team:

(All around around lv. 27, except Gible, who is at like lv. 22)

-Prinplup (Bubblebeak)
-Cherrim (Sunsweet)
-Drifloon (Hellium)
-Gible (Dragderp)

Gible is named Dragderp because it sounds like a damn chicken, I swear.

[video=youtube;ZS9Z2ncRarc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS9Z2ncRarc[/video]

Gible's cry is around 7:40; I couldn't find a direct video of it.

I got to Solaceon Town, and saved. I plan to continue it soon.

... ... ... I know what you're doing, Nick... I am not amused... -_-+

Finished breeding my Electibuzz; and hot damn is it ready to trail blaze on Black. 25/30 (thanks to my power bracer)/24/x/27/26. Adamant. Only took three batches of eggs too. :D Working on gettin' my first badge as I type, then the real fun begins.

If it's so easy, how 'bout you go ahead and do a Single/No Item/Nuzlocke? ;)

I doubt you could manage a normal Nuzlocke without failure. :p

Black.

... You're full of ****. I doubt you've even read the Nuzlocke Combination rules for a Single challenge.

So what bloody challenge are ya even doing, besides Single?

Oh, and if you're gonna copy exactly what I'm doing with just a Magmar/Magmortar, enjoy your loss.

i'll only lose if you lose.

Or if you want me to, I'll try the N challenge and try to work out the kinks in it.

Last edited:
No, I'd much rather have you fail a copy of my challenge, and relish in your defeat.

The N Challenge doesn't even have it's template ready yet, either. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back