The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon reaching Giratina and whittling it down to red health I discovered I had 2 Nest Balls, 4 Pokeballs, and a Great Ball (and Master Ball but I'm not a wuss) so out of humor, I throw a Nest Ball as my first attempt. It caught it.....AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Nicely done. :D That son of a ***** really is difficult to catch in Platinum... Probably the toughest legendary to catch period, except maybe your first shot at Mewtwo in RBY, back when the bastard had broken Amnesia.

So the race is on. I think we should add something to the combination nuzlocke challenge. The number of tries it did to complete the challenge.

Aye, I like that idea! Completing a Nuzlocke at all is an accomplishment. Completing a combined Nuzlocke shows true dedication and skill; either in the fact that failure was not an option and dedication got ya right back to trying again, or through sheer skill you managed to not fail even once. Whether one's amount of attempts is unblemished or scarred and battle-worn, both are essentially a badge of Poke-honor.

Added "Attempts" to the Nuzlocke Challenge Hall of Fame's list, as well as a rule corresponding to this.

I'm currently busy with my second attempt. Got distracted and kept bashing A, ended up killing my poor dratini

I know what that's like... Well, when not doing a Nuzlocke anyways.

This is exactly why my Nuzlocke won't be done in just one day; Lenora's Watchog nearly off'd Electivire with a supercharged Retaliate. If I wasn't paying attention, that would of been it, and I'd be starting over too. If I'm not in a focused mood, I definitely ain't gonna be advancing my Nuzlocke.

I have a lot of stuff going on now so my challenge won't be going so quickly as the rest of my challenges. Oh and SSBfreakCK, i would like to remind you that I had the idea of the combined nuzlocke challenge, since you have forgotten

Ah, that's right, you're the one who gave me the inspiration. Credit is given to ya as deserved, beside the challenge's header. :thumbsup:

Challenge Update​

Another small update. Forgot to mention I picked up Pansear at the Dreamyard in my last one. Anywho, Electivire 'n I decided to go beat up a bunch of children and their Pogeymanz at the daycare to get some Exp. Was like taking candy from a daycare baby. /terribad joke

Pwnt more Plasma baddies, trainer battles, etc. etc. Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Quickly arrived at Nacrene City after a short trip down the route. I felt that Brick Break should carry me through the 2nd Gym easily, and after destroying N's team, it certainly did. Didn't bother going back to the center since I was still at full health. :lol: Thus, my battle with Lenora begins.

I hadn't forgotten that Herdier had intimidate, but I was sleepin' only moments ago, so I was too stupid to send out another Pokemon first... This is why I was talkin' 'bout how you should never play a Nuzlocke when you ain't focused. Brick Break didn't off it in one shot thanks to that damned intimidate, but it decided to use Leer, which ain't a problem since I was switching after KOing it anyways. Brick Break two, and Herdier is down.

Out comes Watchog, and out goes my Patrat to get rid of that defense and attack drop. Once again, I knew a 210 Base Power Retaliate (the move doubled in power since Herdier was just KO'd, and then gets a STAB), but I switched back to Electivire anyways since I was very confident it'd be able to take it; another unnecessary and very foolish risk, and all because I didn't want to off my Patrat like the worthless rat he is.

Electivire does take the super-Retaliate with roughly 1/4 of it's HP left, still standing like a champ. There's a damn-good reason I choose it for my challenge. :D One Brick Break later, and Watchog is done. Basic Badge get!

And then Plasma crashes the fanfare with their stealing of the Dragonite Skull 'n such. Healed at the Nacrene center, and save.

Team Update:

Electivire: lv. 20
Pidove: Soon-to-be Fly slave (caught on Route 3)
Patrat: lv. 11 (stole half of the Watchog exp... Dx)

Seems you will have the upper hand on me in the begining stages of the game with Electivire. I'm currently in the stages of hatching my second dratini, hopefully it will have the EV I'm looking for, and also the moves.

What moves are you tryin' to breed onto it? All I could really think of is Waterfall and Outrage. Never considered Dragonite for a challenge since it takes so long to evolve, so I ain't got a clue.

Also, don't mind me when I say this, but you might want to reconsider a better Pokemon; or at least, a better Dragon type. You can't use TMs or Heart Scales to get it's best moves since they aren't breedable since Dratini can't learn those TMs, like Earthquake or Dragon Claw (Outrage might put you in a risky situation during a Nuzlocke IMO). Just something to keep in mind if you do end up failing the challenge.

Last edited:
Worlds better, I'd say. It's first form can learn Earthquake and Dragon Claw; unlike Dratini; and Dragon/Ground is absolutely incredible typing. The typing alone makes Garchomp's line more appealing than Dragonite's, none the less having a potent move selection from the moment it hatches. It'd make your life much easier early on, and later in the game that STAB Earthquake should prove valuable. If you're worried about the Ice gym, you could breed Rock Slide onto it too.

A damn shame Garchomp doesn't get Dragon Dance; not that it isn't fast enough as is.

Think we've got some sort of terminology misunderstanding here, since EV stands for Effort Value(s) for me..

Yo CK, I need a big favor to ask of you.

Can you get a Magmar with Thunderpunch? I would have really liked Cross Chop, but I don't think I can get two, since he starts with three attacks.

Sorry, ment IV. Should I focus on speed, attack or HP?

My personal focus is always attack; there's always a situation where you needed to hit just five more HP, and that's a KO. Garchomp is bulky as is so it's unlikely you'll be at a point where that 1 HP IV saves you, and so long as your speed IV isn't garbage, random speed EVs should give you the jump on pretty much every Pokemon in-game that doesn't have a +Speed nature; well, aside from Accelgor.

Yo CK, I need a big favor to ask of you.

Can you get a Magmar with Thunderpunch? I would have really liked Cross Chop, but I don't think I can get two, since he starts with three attacks.

Why in god's name do you want two physical moves on a Magmortar? Because it has no other options? :lol: You could instead, I dunno... Choose a better Pokemon? :p Much as I'd like to see you fail. I told ya that Magmortar is bloody suicide for a No-Item (... TM) Nuzlocke.

/doesn't want to chain breed something that worthless

Thanks, and one last question, since I'm changing my single pokemon, does that count as a new challenge or just as an other attemt, since I only have the first badge?

It would have provided desperate type coverage. I'm not gonna Flamethrower the crap out of the Rock gym. And waters would destroy me. What Pokemon you got in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back