WiiChat's First Annual Confederate States' Convention

I support a graduated taxing scheme, so the rich do pay more. Also, they're rich for a reason, they make smart business decisions. Way too many poor people are poor because they're lazy and are fine with mooching off the system, which it wasn't intended to support.

I'd rather not spend a pound thirty on a double cheeseburger that I can get in America for ninety-nine cents to pay for Jack's teeth whitening. People can get freaking boob-jobs on the NHS if it'll make them less depressed. How much of a crockpot is that!?

Being poor in a capitalist insurance method doesn't mean you don't get treatment, it's not like we turn you away. It just prevents people from going to the doctor for every little thing and wasting everyone's money.

The only reason you're fine with waiting is because you're used to it. I make an appointment, and I'm there at that time, and I go in at that time. That's the whole point of an appointment! Hell, I could walk-in to a dentist here and still be in earlier than an hour.

You're highlighting the worst of the NHS for your own benefit. Not everyone can just waltz into their doctor and demand a free boob job. You have to be severely depressed, and then you'll be counselled, and surgery will be the last option. It isn't a free ticket to every freaking surgery you want.

You prevent people from going to the doctor for every little thing. Well, sunshine, most people dislike doctors and will avoid to go anyway. I'd rather prevent something at the start than wait for it to develop into something drastic just so I could save some more money. I'd want a doctor who was assed about treating me, not concerning my insurance. You have to train your doctors about insurance papers. What a waste of time.

Some people do not deserve to be poor, and it's the majority of people. If the rich have a problem with it they can really just flee the country, it's not like we make it difficult for them. Obviously they like it here enough. They're used to it. They're not going to die because they're too selfish to willingly give to charity.

It makes a lot more sense to pay for what you need, not pay for someone else just because you have more money available to you than they do...

To be honest, I'm torn over the universal health care issue. I think health care is a basic right, but it goes against my classical liberal beliefs which I mentioned earlier in this thread. I guess I'm vaguely in favour of the NHS (yeah I know, it's hard to complain about free ****), but I certainly shouldn't have to pay for other people's boob jobs and teeth whitening.

Best Paid Jobs in UK

1. Directors and Chief Executives - £212,910
2. General Practitioners (GPs) - £110,000
3. Brokers - £94,293

Bit off. ;)

Back