Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
REASONS GIVEN FOR ABORTIONS: AGI SURVEY, 2004 [6]

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

2004 is the most recent year given.

Less than 7.5% of abortions were because of rape, incest, mother health problems, or fetus health problems.

I deem your counter-argument a failure.

Does that make my comment any less true? No, it does not. I hope you didn't waste too much time rushing out to find that information.

No, I have it in my bookmarks.

Switching the meaning of "not everyone" from a generalized term to a specific one is quite petty.

You were very much suggesting that those cases made up a much larger reason to allow universal abortions.

I don't really want to get in this debate but if an embryo would be predicted to become a baby, doesn't that make it, killing a baby, likely killing a baby? I know that i will never understand what it would be like to deal with childbirth and nursing and having to raise a baby at the wrong time.

I don't really want to get in this debate but if an embryo would be predicted to become a baby, doesn't that make it, killing a baby, likely killing a baby? I know that i will never understand what it would be like to deal with childbirth and nursing and having to raise a baby at the wrong time.

Why does everything in life these days have to be consequence-free? :/

People who kill pregnant mothers get done in for double homicide. Why does it only count as a human if it's wanted? :|

Nobody has answered the question as to why killing fetus' is so much worst than killing sperm...

Spinty's comment was that the baby was going to be healthy had it been born and that it should be murder. Not true. Or would Splinty (and you) to be so quick to dump an unhealthy child on a mother and tell her to deal with her mistakes?

And I was suggesting no such thing, not then or are you so convinced you are right on this issue that you are prepared to read whatever you want from a comment? If you are so upset about the comment, what I was suggesting was some abortions - your percentage - are done for a reason other then just 'do not want', and how is it fair to call that murder?

But as you may remember, I am for abortion.

Nobody has answered the question as to why killing fetuses is so much worse than killing sperm...

I do believe I covered it somewhere along the way.

A fertilised egg is much different than a single egg or sperm by itself. Even a lot of people in here for abortion agree to that.

I do believe I covered it somewhere along the way.

A fertilised egg is much different than a single egg or sperm by itself. Even a lot of people in here for abortion agree to that.

Oh, kinda lost track a while ago since it seemed like all my counter arguments would be repeating myself.

Eh, I don't see too big of a difference. A fertilized egg isn't that hard to make if you want to(for most people). All just a matter of opinion I guess...

when it is a fetus it is likely, assuming no complications that it will become a baby. Please don't drag me into this. I really don't know what to think of it.

K, I'm gonna come up with some more worthwhile counterpoints.

On your reasons for abortion:
Reasons Women Choose Abortion (U.S.)

* Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
* Wants no (more) children: 7.9%Would you want to be an unwanted child?
* Cannot afford a baby: 21.3% If they cannot afford the baby, then they really shouldn't be having a baby. Babies have to eat and all that jazz.
* Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%Which would lead to them not being able to afford the baby.
* Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%Once again, I'd hate to be an unwanted baby
* Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%People too young generally can't raise children that well, and it would usually lead into financial trouble
* Risk to maternal health: 2.8%You could risk killing someone who is already alive or someone who is potentially going to live. I would choose the person who is alive.
* Risk to fetal health: 3.3%No reason to bring a baby to live only so it can experience pain
* Other: 2.1%

Basically if you let the baby live chances are it will have a shitty life.

And once again, adoption ceases to exist?

And what if the baby is never adopted, and remains an orphan? It isn't very pleasant being an orphan.

Plus, a mother generally wants to keep her baby once she gives birth to it. Chances are that if a mother was unable to give an abortion because of it being illegal she would become attached to it due to maternal instincts despite not being able to afford it or being way too young.

Most of the mothers who do use abortion simply as a method of birth control are generally extremely unfit to be mothers. I believe that by just letting them abort their children it is doing all of the would be children a favor. I would much rather not be born than be born from a 13 year old mother living off welfare.

And what if the baby is never adopted, and remains an orphan? It isn't very pleasant being an orphan.

Plus, a mother generally wants to keep her baby once she gives birth to it. Chances are that if a mother was unable to give an abortion because of it being illegal she would become attached to it due to maternal instincts despite not being able to afford it or being way too young.

Most of the mothers who do use abortion simply as a method of birth control are generally extremely unfit to be mothers. I believe that by just letting them abort their children it is doing all of the would be children a favor. I would much rather not be born than be born from a 13 year old mother living off welfare.

Actually, have you seen orphanages these days? Even children who don't ever get adopted out of them can still grow up and be "integrated" into society. They still get a meaningful education and such.

Killing the fetus before the mother gets attached to it seems very...savage.

The way to stop people from using abortion as birth control isn't to let them keep doing it. :/

Edit: Wikipedia

United States

Partial information:

* One hundred eighty-eight Catholic orphanages took care of 75,890 children

I know that old stats aren't generally looked well upon, but 1992 is the most recent I could find.

In 1992, there were 127,441 children adopted in the United States.

Last edited:
Actually, have you seen orphanages these days? Even children who don't ever get adopted out of them can still grow up and be "integrated" into society. They still get a meaningful education and such.

Killing the fetus before the mother gets attached to it seems very...savage.

The way to stop people from using abortion as birth control isn't to let them keep doing it. :/

Well let's say that all of those mothers who would have used abortions start using orphanages as a form of birth control. That's another 46 million orphans worldwide(per year). I think orphanages would start to get over crowded.

I believe that you have to be pretty thick to get pregnant on accident, seeing as a woman only has a period of 4-10 days every month to ovulate. So chances are if these people follow through having babies, they are going to do stupid things with the babies.

EDIT: OK I'm gonna apologize in advance for the above comment, I don't think that you have to be stupid to get an unwanted pregnancy. I'm just talking about the ones who are stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back